FoTU 2022? Completed it, M8.

Soundwave

Pretty much as per the title... info here for anyone who's interested:

https://www.hagerty.co.uk/articles/events-articles/festival-of-the-unexceptional/hagerty-festival-of-the-unexceptional-returns-30-july-2022/

Same place as last time, tickets are now per car rather than per person to clear up last year's confusion. They're a bit more expensive than last time, which is alright as long as they spend the extra on hiring some competent traffic management... apparently tickets will be available to buy from April onward.

Sooo...  I've got 4ish months to get the Gooner sorted then!   UPDATE: It was a rotten bag of bran flakes and holes underneath, so I bought back my old Rover 216 instead.

20220126_165040.thumb.jpg.0b9eb905da4ca43b5a9d3b180d79a050.jpg

6 minutes ago, Talbot said:

A potted houseplant would be better than last years' traffic management.  I've never seen anything like it.

It was absolutely dire. I remember a few vehicles overheating during the long wait.

20 minutes ago, Fumbler said:

It was absolutely dire. I remember a few vehicles overheating during the long wait.

As @Crackers is very aware, I ignored the plonker who was asking for details and just kept the queue moving.  Quite how they expected to process every car one-at-a-time is beyond me.

Just now, Talbot said:

As @Crackers is very aware, I ignored the plonker who was asking for details and just kept the queue moving.  Quite how they expected to process every car one-at-a-time is beyond me.

Yeah I remember you saying. They also helpfully* made you park your car in the modern section.

38 minutes ago, Crackers said:

"Excuse me, have you got a ticket?!"

"Yes!"

"Can I see it?"

"No. Bye!"

Reprocussions of this?  Absolutely none.  I was expecting to be stopped/turned around or otherwise chastised for having been a bit rude.  The fact that we blatantly just waltzed in was another nail in the coffin of how bad their traffic management was.

30 minutes ago, Talbot said:

Reprocussions of this?  Absolutely none.

I don't think you saw, but the look on the woman's face as we just drove off was a picture. 

What made the whole thing possibly funnier was that when we walked back out from the "modern" parking to the main driveway, the queue of cars had split up and gone about a million different directions across the grass, leaving the traffic "management" staff to lose their shit entirely and give up.

7 hours ago, Soundwave said:

as long as they spend the extra on hiring some competent traffic management... 

Apparently they're on it...

• David

Is the traffic coming into the venue going to be managed differently than last year? It’d be useful to know as if not I’m going to have to upgrade my cooling fan.

• James Mills

David, absolutely. The issues that impacted last year’s traffic situation, early in proceedings, were identified and will be addressed for the 2022 event, so it will be the best experience yet. Hope that helps.