FoTU 2022? Completed it, M8.

Soundwave

Only prep I've done on the 216 is tax and insure it. I've just bought the necessary stuff to repaint the roof, but if I try and get it done before Saturday (bearing in mind I'm at work all day on weekdays), it'll be a rush job. I'd rather just take it along, pogged roof and all, than waste the materials on a rushed job.

Need to find time to wash the Civic saloon, and empty the boot of Shitefest detritus.

To confuse everybody, the car I enter in won't be the car I leave in - I'm meeting my mate with the Triumph 2000 again. We have a driving week planned in the Dales the week after FOTU, but he has to go back down south for work for a couple of days, so he's borrowing the Civic. I'm taking the 2000 north so he can save on mpg and comfort on two trips north, he wanders off with my Civic for a couple of days due to work commitments then heads back north. 

3 hours ago, Tommyboy12 said:

Darn I completely missed this coming around and didnt get a ticket. How will I spend my Saturday broken down on the side of the road a mile from the show and spend 8 hours waiting for a recovery truck now??

@Crackers has a ticket available (or he did yesterday at least) so you could still give it a go...

1 hour ago, Spottedlaurel said:

At least it's on for a bit longer this year, 9.30-5pm. I think the first ones were 10-3!

Indeed, last year by the time we finally got in I didn't get time to go round everything before people started buggering off...

I'm unlikely to make it to Grimsthorpe by 9.30 mind, that would mean getting up ridiculously early.

10 hours ago, rml2345 said:

It's also quite endearingly scruffy so the general public will likely hate it.

Park it next to my Rover, and it'll look great by comparison!

Behold, the advanced state of pogweasling...

20201020_163113.thumb.jpg.ead43464af8001dfc5811077db7d68aa.jpg

It's looking increasingly unlikely that I'm going to be able to make it to this as another engagement has been scheduled over the top of it (not by me, but I'm required to be at home because of it).

Is there any chance that anyone who is going could pick up a bit of ancient computing kit from another forum member for me and get it to somewhere within an hour or so of Milton Keynes from where I could then pick it up?  Nothing massively bulky (picture a couple of standard keyboards stuck together pretty much) so shouldn't be a huge headache.

Really hacked off by this.  I don't have all that many things in the diary, so it would be really nice if people could actually check it rather than just assuming I'll be about!

I’m dithering about going, I don’t have an “unexceptional” car, but all of them are in unexceptional condition.

I get the vibe but for me an unexceptional old car is exceptional for its very existence, and not for its condition, if you follow me.

EDIT- no tickets available now anyway.

5 hours ago, N19 said:

Unless anyone else is closer, I'm near South Mimms and will be there. Could arrange to meet next week if needed. 

That's entirely within what I consider to be a reasonable distance to run over to pick it up from.  I'll drop you a PM with the necessary details tomorrow if nobody else pipes up.