The grumpy thread

outlaw118

6 hours ago, sierraman said:

https://metro.co.uk/2022/08/17/hosepipe-ban-should-i-report-a-breach-and-what-is-the-fine-17196895/amp/

This is typical of society today, grass your neighbour up for any minor infraction. Perhaps in the life of the people that devise such schemes it is the ‘right’ thing to do but in real life it’s not what you’d do. 

What a bunch of shit

"Keep in mind that people can use hosepipes if they are connected to a water butt (rather than mains water supply) – while buckets and watering cans can be filled at the tap."

Ok - fill water butt under the cover of darkness with hosepipe -> Water garden with contents of said water butt -> Ignore the gallons of water leaking because action is more expensive than ignorance... Problem solved!

Or -> buy some flowers. Now you can use the hosepipe for the next 14 days..!

Somebody looking to make £1200+ profit for doing feck all.. Am I stupid for selling things for what I think they are worth, or am I stupid for being Edd China and doing everything for nowt. The car is a goodun, but all 4 arches are aerosoled, as is the bonnet. Everybody thinks they are Mike Brewer these days.  I think I've made a profit once from selling a car, and that was a Citroen XM!

My SLK

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1383718412122763/?ref=browse_tab&referral_code=marketplace_top_picks&referral_story_type=top_picks

21 minutes ago, Barry Cade said:

Somebody looking to make £1200+ profit for doing feck all.. Am I stupid for selling things for what I think they are worth, or am I stupid for being Edd China and doing everything for nowt. The car is a goodun, but all 4 arches are aerosoled, as is the bonnet. Everybody thinks they are Mike Brewer these days.  I think I've made a profit once from selling a car, and that was a Citroen XM!

My SLK

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1383718412122763/?ref=browse_tab&referral_code=marketplace_top_picks&referral_story_type=top_picks

Buy on Facebook and sell on gumtree👍

Sold a fully serviced honda mower on Gumtree for £140!

A wanker on Facebook told me it was only worth £85-took great delight in telling him it had sold within a few hours at full asking price😉 

10 hours ago, sierraman said:

https://metro.co.uk/2022/08/17/hosepipe-ban-should-i-report-a-breach-and-what-is-the-fine-17196895/amp/

This is typical of society today, grass your neighbour up for any minor infraction. Perhaps in the life of the people that devise such schemes it is the ‘right’ thing to do but in real life it’s not what you’d do. 

I'd view it as typical of this govt, no actual solutions to problems, just shitty illiberal crap that pleases the editors of tabloid newspapers like this; the water cos are the crooks issuing dividends while their pipes leak millions of gallons daily.

10 hours ago, Barry Cade said:

My SLK

How was the V5 filled out? Sold to trade, sold to an individual or did they try and convince you to give them the whole V5?

13 hours ago, reb said:

Did my weekly shop using the online ordering at my local shop, it took twice as long as normal to be delivered which I wasn't too bothered about, but I unpacked it and instead of the 16 cans of cat food I ordered there was 15 cans of cat food and one can of pedigree dog food. That level of incompetence is truly astounding in my opinion, if every other can has a stoned looking ginger cat on it and this one has some brown dog on it maybe it's the wrong can? Or do I expect too much from someone who definitely doesn't care? 

In mitigation it must be said, that I order Iams  dry Cat food from ebay.  Ginger cat as you say. 

A couple of times over the years I have mistakenly ordered Iams for Dogs.

I did check and reasoning is small amounts do no harm, so I mixed it in with my other bags.

My Cat never barked.

I'd have fed the dog food to the Cat.

Interestingly I've had pretty much zero bad experiences with Hermes/Evri. I've sent/received many hundreds of items with them. Only things that spring to mind are a couple of items that I've received the outer packaging being mangled.

Almost always arrives on time and my courier knows to leave anything on my doorstep if I'm out, he'll just take a picture and I trust him not to make off with it afterwards.

Although most times it's very low value items. And my local courier is a gent. Absolutely lovely bloke 

Not sure I'd send anything valuable or breakable with them, or anything that is urgent. In which case I'd use royal mail special delivery. 

Yodel is a separate matter, on the few unfortunate times I've received something with them, the item has been mangled and destroyed, or opened, bits missing etc

ABSOLUTE TWAT BASTARD 

Spent some evening this week putting coving on the landing ceiling, obviously a few wibbles in the walls and the joints needed tidying up so used some interior filler in a tube from Aldi, despite it being branded as easily sandable it has the consistency of Fucking Titanium once set, literally harder than Isopon car filler 

I can't hammer or scrape the stuff off as it will destroy the coving material, I'm likely gonna have to rip the fucking lot down and start again :( 

I've tried softening it with water but it's taking the surface off the coving too but any tips welcome 

5 minutes ago, omegod said:

ABSOLUTE TWAT BASTARD 

Spent some evening this week putting coving on the landing ceiling, obviously a few wibbles in the walls and the joints needed tidying up so used some interior filler in a tube from Aldi, despite it being branded as easily sandable it has the consistency of Fucking Titanium once set, literally harder than Isopon car filler 

I can't hammer or scrape the stuff off as it will destroy the coving material, I'm likely gonna have to rip the fucking lot down and start again :( 

I've tried softening it with water but it's taking the surface off the coving too but any tips welcome 

Coving adhesive filler (shrinks back) and ultra light filler (which doesn't)  primer and paint

Cut damaged section out

If you make a huge hole in it everbuild gun grade foam or sodal-(not consumer crap)  can fill holes and be shaped,  filled and sanded

Partner - Mum's in hospital! 

Me-OK has she been admitted,  should we visit, does she need anything? 

Shall I go and buy bacon? 

Do they know what is wrong,  do you need to visit? 

I'm off to buy bacon! 

OK so shall we go to town in case you want to visit mum as same direction? 

Get in the bath,  off for a coffee and back with bacon,  may go to Greg's and cook an egg as feeling lazy!

Shall I get granny to have the kids and we can go in direction of your parents and hospital? 

It's  probably angina or gall stones! 

OK so what's the plan? 

Bacon & egg! 

FFS

4 minutes ago, fairkens said:

Sounds like shock to me

Hope you got her down the hospital sharpish after that sandwich

She's a strange one alright,  parent drops and ends up at A&E- totally non phased by it. 

Didn't affect her cooking worse than normal. 

6 hours ago, omegod said:

ABSOLUTE TWAT BASTARD 

Thanks for the tips , I eventually managed to sort it with 40 grit soft pads, lesson learned .... don't EVER use premixed filler 

It's been a bit of a day of it all round so the wine is getting cracked open :) 

19 hours ago, Barry Cade said:

My SLK

Well he won't make any money as a photographer!

Reading the one of the local court outcomes... somebody was ordered to pay... £25.. yes, twenty-five pounds, compensation for assaulting an emergency service worker earlier this year...

Really?

What a total waste of resources for a completely meaningless outcome... Is that supposed to teach the fucker a lesson and act as a deterrent for him and ideally anyone else from doing it again?

4 minutes ago, RoverFolkUs said:

Reading the one of the local court outcomes... somebody was ordered to pay... £25.. yes, twenty-five pounds, compensation for assaulting an emergency service worker earlier this year...

Really?

What a total waste of resources for a completely meaningless outcome... Is that supposed to teach the fucker a lesson and act as a deterrent for him and ideally anyone else from doing it again?

Pretty soon the emergency services worker will be paid less than that in a day, given how this country is going.

55 minutes ago, RoverFolkUs said:

Really?

Probably bleated about cost of living rise, can’t feed the kids etc etc and asked to pay £5 a month, which basically means they pay £5.