The grumpy thread

outlaw118

11 minutes ago, andyberg said:

Really!? Have things got so bad that my local Tesco supermarket is having to security tag joints of meat!!!...

IMG_20220823_165453.jpg

IMG_20220823_165443.jpg

IMG_20220823_165432.jpg

I hate to label folk but I have seen certain people stealing raw meat who may or may not look thin and sunken faced and who seem to find this stuff easy to sell on quickly. 

When I worked on Dalry Road in Edinburgh I recall 2 polis chasing 2 worn out looking people with sores on their face up the middle of the road as they'd just stolen a whole box of bacon from the Lidl. The security guard who was also in pursuit appeared to know them as he was shouting "ROBERT, ROBERT!" but on listening closer he just had a European accent and was shouting 'robber'. The 2 folk dropped the bacon and a Lothian bus ran it over leaving a 30 foot bacon skidmark up the road. 

A futile quest for all concerned.

21 minutes ago, andyberg said:

Really!? Have things got so bad that my local Tesco supermarket is having to security tag joints of meat!!!...

IMG_20220823_165453.jpg

IMG_20220823_165443.jpg

IMG_20220823_165432.jpg

Our local Tesco even security tags energy drinks located in the chiller compartment! It is right near a boys school, to be fair.

4 hours ago, jakebullet said:

I was in my shed working on the lathe, when there's a sudden bang! followed by air blasting. Gosh*, wonder what that could be?

Air line auto oiler had exploded. I think the oil reservoir plastic has gone brittle with age and decided to part company from the body rocket launch style. Glad I wasn't stood near it.

Hope your lathe and compressor are nice and quiet . Don’t want to upset the neighbours 😂

33 minutes ago, andyberg said:

IMG_20220823_165453.jpg

IMG_20220823_165443.jpg

IMG_20220823_165432.jpg

I was really surprised to find security tags on a £2.75 product in a small Sainsbury near me. This was alcohol free wine!

22 minutes ago, Split_Pin said:

I hate to label folk but I have seen certain people stealing raw meat who may or may not look thin and sunken faced and who seem to find this stuff easy to sell on quickly. 

When I worked on Dalry Road in Edinburgh I recall 2 polis chasing 2 worn out looking people with sores on their face up the middle of the road as they'd just stolen a whole box of bacon from the Lidl. The security guard who was also in pursuit appeared to know them as he was shouting "ROBERT, ROBERT!" but on listening closer he just had a European accent and was shouting 'robber'. The 2 folk dropped the bacon and a Lothian bus ran it over leaving a 30 foot bacon skidmark up the road. 

A futile quest for all concerned.

I lived just off Dalry road for a while, no part of this story surprised me in the slightest.

1 hour ago, Split_Pin said:

My Auntie Ailsa had made a lovely birthday prawn cocktail starter for my uncle and unbeknownst to her their cat had sneaked into the kitchen, eaten the prawn cocktail, licked the butter and then barfed the while lot back up on the worktop and into the prawn cocktail.

I like both dogs and cats but they can definitely both be dicks. At least dogs can look guilty or sorry!

My favourite bit of this story is the fact that you have an aunt named after a bus.

I do sometimes wonder what I did to piss off which of the gods in a previous life.

Today's fun event was a lorry driver going up the A5 deciding to chuck a 2 litre bottle of piss out his window - which promptly exploded on contact with the tarmac, about 20 feet in front of my car.  In which I was travelling with both windows wide open because it's bloody hot.

Lovely.  I honestly don't know if I'll ever be able to feel that the interior is actually clean again.

Leaving them in the lay bys for someone else to clear up is bad enough, but chucking the bottle out the bloody window in busy traffic just ain't funny. 

Aside from anything else, I don't particularly want to find out which wins in a battle between a full two litre pop bottle and my radiator or windscreen, or a motorcyclists face.

1 hour ago, GMcD said:

I thought it was normal? It's been happening round here forever. 

It's easy to steal by people who scan as they go.

Put one you are stealing under the potatoes, scan a second and place it in clear view so that if there's a spot check, they can see it, or 

Just pretend that the scanner clearly isn't working properly in the unlikely event that someone does an audit. 

6 minutes ago, New POD said:

It's easy to steal by people who scan as they go.

Put one you are stealing under the potatoes, scan a second and place it in clear view so that if there's a spot check, they can see it, or 

Just pretend that the scanner clearly isn't working properly in the unlikely event that someone does an audit. 

Local asda got robbed thousands as veg used as substitute for expensive items. 

Something like £2500 in thefts over several weeks. 

Tesco easier as they run out with a trolley full and security do feck all

2 hours ago, Dyslexic Viking said:

If anyone is wondering why I prefer cats, this is why.

But cats aren't pets,  they just live where there is food. Three of my mums cats, including the current one, belonged to neighbours before they moved in with her. This is because  she always made a fuss of them when she was out and then they would follow her home, then she would feed them,  then they would stay. To be fair she told the neighbours each time where their cat was and each time they didn't mind because they're just cats. 

watching car years on itv 4 and no wonder didnt watch it the first time

first year 66 yeah they talk about jensen ff and stuff

second one is 77 aston martin v8 vantage fair enough (alex riley bell end was dressed as bandit which was ok but theyve not talked about that yet)

but immediately they start talking about how they used it in living daylights ffs 10 years later

wtf

even they mentioned the fact AM were going broke and couldnt give them cars

bwhich was bollox cos gauntlett didnt happen till the 80s

*cookies griped *have headache now #mynerdisnothappy

53 minutes ago, Yoss said:

But cats aren't pets,  they just live where there is food. Three of my mums cats, including the current one, belonged to neighbours before they moved in with her. This is because  she always made a fuss of them when she was out and then they would follow her home, then she would feed them,  then they would stay. To be fair she told the neighbours each time where their cat was and each time they didn't mind because they're just cats. 

I find it strange that I have such a different perception of cats. The one I have now is very loving and clearly likes me a lot and is not food motivated either.

48 minutes ago, Dyslexic Viking said:

I find it strange that I have such a different perception of cats. The one I have now is very loving and clearly likes me a lot and is not food motivated either.

I know, sorry I was generalising, not all cats are the same just as not all dogs are,  or people for that matter. When I was a kid we had a Siamese cat who thought he was a dog. This was probably because we got him as a kitten when we already had two dogs in the house. Even when we got more cats he would sleep with the dogs. He even came on walks with us. 

My mum is a general animal lover,  we've had all sorts including 13 tortoises! We had two but they bred even though they said you couldn't breed tortoises in this country. My mum made an incubator out of an old fish tank to put the eggs in and it worked. I think the most things we had at the same time was four cats,  two dogs,  two ducks and some fish. 

One dead hamster, 

two children going at each other hammer and tongs 

Youngest thrown up crying as thinks they may have killed it (heart attack at a guess as 2 yrs old) moved cage round. 

All this occurs as I walk through door with dog. 

FFS to much drama 

Was in the Range store a couple of weeks ago. Wanted a cheap footpump for a holiday bottle rocket project. Took one to the till, no price apparent, but 2 security tags. Turns out it's £4.99.Says to the till lady that it seem a bit excessive for such a low price. She tells me that a lot of people are also stealing pet food. Reckons they got dogs etc. during the lockdown and now can't afford to feed them.