The grumpy thread

outlaw118

1 hour ago, RoverFolkUs said:

I bet they'd have fallen out with you if you said no in the first place... I hate entitled people

Agreed, but if they were near but hadn't been in prior contact, how 'in' where they in the first place? I'd have taken it back brimmed, valeted and with an appropriate gift according to their likes.

4 hours ago, wuvvum said:

Mate's mum's tidy early Corsa B (some of you may remember it from FOTU last year) was broken into at the weekend - they smashed the nearside rear door window.  I've found another one on eBay (mate doesn't do online auction sites) and ordered it on his behalf.  Just checked the order details and it's being delivered by fucking Hermes.

Chances of it arriving in less than 1,000 pieces?

At the right house? And them actually ringing the bdoor bell? 

50:50 

I not sure if entilied or not.

My parents, 85 and 84 live on Ynys Mon, as does one of my sisters who is single and 56. 

My other sister who it in her 60s, and lives in Ohio, is coming over next week for 2 weeks, first time in years, with my niece, niece's husband, and their 2 kids.

They have all already pissed me off.  

It's a long story. 

3 hours ago, Wack said:

it seems that Scotland, Wales, NI and London it's 60 for a free bus pass

England it's state pension age which for me is 67 , why is that ?

That's a bugger, I didn't know that. I was looking forward to some cheap days out in six years. That doesn't sound too far away. But 13 years does, no point daydreaming of days out to Salisbury and Winchester now. 

So if you are 60 in London or Wales or Scotland can you only use your free pass in those places or once you have a pass is the world (the rest of England anyway) your oyster or can you only use it where you live. 

2 hours ago, New POD said:

I not sure if entilied or not.

My parents, 85 and 84 live on Ynys Mon, as does one of my sisters who is single and 56. 

My other sister who it in her 60s, and lives in Ohio, is coming over next week for 2 weeks, first time in years, with my niece, niece's husband, and their 2 kids.

They have all already pissed me off.  

It's a long story. 

T'would be a shame if you had to go away sudden like for some reason then?

5 hours ago, Yoss said:

That's a bugger, I didn't know that. I was looking forward to some cheap days out in six years. That doesn't sound too far away. But 13 years does, no point daydreaming of days out to Salisbury and Winchester now. 

So if you are 60 in London or Wales or Scotland can you only use your free pass in those places or once you have a pass is the world (the rest of England anyway) your oyster or can you only use it where you live. 

We pay more tax, especially as the 40% rare kicks in much earlier and it’s 41.

17 hours ago, wuvvum said:

Mate's mum's tidy early Corsa B (some of you may remember it from FOTU last year) was broken into at the weekend - they smashed the nearside rear door window.  I've found another one on eBay (mate doesn't do online auction sites) and ordered it on his behalf.  Just checked the order details and it's being delivered by fucking Hermes.

Chances of it arriving in less than 1,000 pieces?

This is how some railway track I posted with hermes arrived , I'd wrapped it in 3 layers of card 

good luck

Screenshot_20220518-201814_eBay.thumb.jpg.a5fe191503a91c421d1749bdb5e571d5.jpg

17 hours ago, Wack said:

it seems that Scotland, Wales, NI and London it's 60 for a free bus pass

England it's state pension age which for me is 67 , why is that ?

I was offered mine when I was 55.  No use at all to me.  I could have gone to and returned from work using it but of course it isn't valid at those times.  And took twenty five minutes where it takes eight to drive there.  And a mile walk from the nearest bus stop.

Too much of a bumache to get one as well, all the forms and photo's, having to go to the bus station among all those people :(

I could in theory take a 'selfie' and print it.  If I had a printer.

F.F.S!! Several days ago, driving up the back lane, I spotted a 'snowdrift' of polystyrene pills lying near our rear yard door. Someone had gutted a beanny bag/duvet 🥺.

I put a 'fly tipping' email in to the council, helpfully *observing that a quick pass, with the street cleaner 'Vac Truck' could sort it 👍

NOW... A week later, my rear yard is like a Santa's grotto = inches deep in fake snow!

This morning I popped £30 for an eBay special 'garden vac' suckker upper >> that we might stop the evil white curse invading our kitchen everytime I take something out the back door. F.F.S!!

Give Me Strength

*.... Council, eh? F.F.S!!! 🤐

Having my entire weekend wasted - I'm being dragged to an incredibly ill advised party hosted by my wife's mates who are in the middle of an awkward divorce, but for some reason she has suggested having "one last party" in their marital home.  It's a couple of hours drive away and it will fuck up most of my Saturday, then we won't get home til 3AM on Sunday so that's yet another day wasted as I'll be too exhausted to really get anything done. I'm driving so can't even have a drink to take the edge off, I barely know any of these people and my presence is completely pointless other than to avoid my wife having to make some excuse as to why I'm not there - "He's very busy with work and really needs to work all weekend to try and keep on top of things" for example. It wouldn't even be a lie.

Realistically, not one of these people actually gives a shit if I am there, and they will only even ask where I was out of politeness or to demonstrate that they've remembered I exist.

I find prolonged social gatherings like that incredibly stressful - I'm fine for a couple of hours, but these things always go on and on for hours longer than is reasonable, so by the time we do leave I'll have been deep in a state of despair for some time.

I'm probably on some part of the autistic spectrum for sure, but even so I do honestly think that if you went round and in confidence asked everyone at these kind of parties if they actually genuinely wanted to be there, I would predict at least 80% of attendees would very much rather be sat on their own sofa in their pyjamas instead of being stood awkwardly around someone else's house waiting for the earliest polite opportunity to fuck off home.

I wish we could make it acceptable to be honest and sincerely say "Look, thanks for the invite, I appreciate the thought but I would really not enjoy that at all, in fact it is pretty much my own personal hell, nothing personal though"

27 minutes ago, cobblers said:

Having my entire weekend wasted - I'm being dragged to an incredibly ill advised party hosted by my wife's mates who are in the middle of an awkward divorce, but for some reason she has suggested having "one last party" in their marital home.  It's a couple of hours drive away and it will fuck up most of my Saturday, then we won't get home til 3AM on Sunday so that's yet another day wasted as I'll be too exhausted to really get anything done. I'm driving so can't even have a drink to take the edge off, I barely know any of these people and my presence is completely pointless other than to avoid my wife having to make some excuse as to why I'm not there - "He's very busy with work and really needs to work all weekend to try and keep on top of things" for example. It wouldn't even be a lie.

Realistically, not one of these people actually gives a shit if I am there, and they will only even ask where I was out of politeness or to demonstrate that they've remembered I exist.

I find prolonged social gatherings like that incredibly stressful - I'm fine for a couple of hours, but these things always go on and on for hours longer than is reasonable, so by the time we do leave I'll have been deep in a state of despair for some time.

I'm probably on some part of the autistic spectrum for sure, but even so I do honestly think that if you went round and in confidence asked everyone at these kind of parties if they actually genuinely wanted to be there, I would predict at least 80% of attendees would very much rather be sat on their own sofa in their pyjamas instead of being stood awkwardly around someone else's house waiting for the earliest polite opportunity to fuck off home.

I wish we could make it acceptable to be honest and sincerely say "Look, thanks for the invite, I appreciate the thought but I would really not enjoy that at all, in fact it is pretty much my own personal hell, nothing personal though"

Sounds like something from After Life.

32 minutes ago, cobblers said:

my wife's mates who are in the middle of an awkward divorce, but for some reason she has suggested having "one last party" in their marital home.

Well. That sounds like the absolute worst fucking idea ever.

And that's coming from a man who daily drove a Triumph Dolomite. Twice.

43 minutes ago, cobblers said:

Sounds like a drunken fight is a certainty!

I hate most social events unless its with close friends.  Normally what happens is my wife goes away to mingle and forgets about me for hours leaving me to either sit myself like a loser or leave me having to make inane chit chat with people I really don't particularly like nor care for and will likely never bump into them again for years. 

I'm normally dez  (I don't drink that much and I'd rather not waste my weekends in bed with a hangover) which is why I always take a 2-seater to such events so I don't have to drop off some random drunk 15 miles away in the opposite direction of where I stay when inevitably my wife asks someone if they want a lift up the road. 

I'm a ray of sunshine 😁

7 hours ago, NigeT said:

After several years without selling a car, I've advertised Rover in all the standard places and I'm astounded at the number of absolute cuntwombles wasting my time. Just as well I'm dealing with it for my old man (who suffers from social anxiety) or it would probably be the end of him.   

Have you tried selling it on here?

3 hours ago, cobblers said:

I think if you told the hosts that they might not be that offended. Whether your wife would accept it is probably a different story.

Could end like Abigail's Party.