The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Ebay cuntery really fucks me off - bought a parcel shelf from a breaker and despite being described as "used but in fully working order" it has one of the clips missing that connect to the car

Emailed the seller politely asking them to sort it out and got the following:

"hi if your not happy with the item please send it back please be sure to package in the same way as we did please be aware that all our items are photographed before packaging so if the item does not match there will be no refund"

Love the assumption that I'm having them on rather than any offer to sort things out with any level of customer service

Portia is a real name (unless it was actually spelt Porsha) - there was a fit blonde on Ally McBeal (how 90s am I?) with that name. I think she is actually a lady who likes other ladies.

Texas though, what the fuck? With you on that one.

Of course they could have named her after the rich, beautiful heiress heroine of that slightly earlier play by that bloke from Stratford( not East London).

As for Texas , there could be a deep personal meaning.... Nah fuck it ,they're probably just stupid.

I bought a complete set of coolant hoses for the P6 off some geezer on the P6 facebook forum 2 weeks ago for £40 quid and no sign of them.

I pinged him message last week and he said, "sorry for the delay I posted them yesterday".

A week later no sign of them. I knew it was a risk but thought it was one worth taking given they're half the money of a set from ebay (maybe there's a clue here). Bollocks.

Fucks sake, woke up this morning and there was no power, walked into front room and squelch squelch, fishtank has cracked and there's 300 litres of water on the floor and about 50 in the tank. Rescued the fish and put them in a plastic tank then got the (thankfully industrial) Karcher wet vac out, 2 hours later the carpet is almost dry and it's 9am so off to buy a new tank and the biggest I can find is half the size and £300, had no choice really but to buy it as I've £300 quids worth of fish sat in a storage box in the garage, hopefully can get them moved into their new tank tonight.

b2af6c4a295a11689fede1d3559238d6.jpg

Fucking thing, that's the suspension refresh for the puma put on hold again

Fucks sake, woke up this morning and there was no power, walked into front room and squelch squelch, fishtank has cracked and there's 300 litres of water on the floor and about 50 in the tank. Rescued the fish and put them in a plastic tank then got the (thankfully industrial) Karcher wet vac out, 2 hours later the carpet is almost dry and it's 9am so off to buy a new tank and the biggest I can find is half the size and £300, had no choice really but to buy it as I've £300 quids worth of fish sat in a storage box in the garage, hopefully can get them moved into their new tank tonight.

Bugger.  What sort of fish are they?  That's quite an escape bid!

We have a 75l tank, and something like this is always on the back of my mind. We have laminate though, and live in a rented house so if it did go pop I couldn't just 'dry out the carpet and hope'. By the time I found it the damage would be done.

Bad luck!

mates dog is called diesel.

a friend when i was at school had a dog called "Sargent dog licker" that was always fiddling with itself, and another friends dog was called "Fly"

makes the dog we had at the time dog called "Meg" seem very tame.

my mum named it, as it was not long after "the thorne birds" had been on telly.

god, i'm old.......

Get lots of kids in through the hospital doors with weird names.

Nevaeh is getting common (Heaven backwards shit for brains).

Personal favourite: name spelt Le-a - "Naaahh it's Ledashar, Le dash a"

On the dog front, family friend doesn't use "drop it" or similar with their dog. It's "buggered". 

"YOU'RE BUGGERED! YOU'RE BUGGERED!" Across the beaches of Wales.

Am currently sat in the theatre to see omid djalli (can't spell it) right on the front sat next to a total cunt!

Stupid fucker is in his 60's but is over reacting at the warm up act, being mega loud and just shouted something that might have been racist.. Needless to say me and Mrs Shrimp have swapped places. Hope he's not like this for the rest of the show

Sure it's not the battery you are trying to charge that's faulty?

this thing (which i've not seen) has 2 led lights, one for power and one for charge.

when plugged in this new paper weight new charger doesn't light up at all (from what i've been told) and usually these things buzz when they are working. thi new one doesn't make a sound....

but the battery that Kerry has been trying to charge up could indeed be banjaxed....