The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Well that's his stupid fault and I wouldnt worry about it, count it as offset against your wasted time.

Lol... Although the wasted time was only washing and polishing the car so it looked it's best.

When Mrs Beard came home and saw the freshly washed and gleaming Prelude she commented how good it looked.

Must admit I had second thoughts about selling it! Still. No money drives me on.

I never bother with eBay auctions anymore. In the last 6 months I've sold about 10 cars on ebay, all of them to the first person to view and each within £100 of my asking price. Good description, half decent photos and a reasonable asking price help obviously, but to me it's all about the Classified Ad. It removes most of the chancers and bargain hunters and you also get to pick your buyer before they show. 'Low cash m8' texts get ignored or a wordy answer to suggest I'm not some spanner. Normally the guy who actually bothers picking up the phone is serious enough to turn up with cash, however if I don't like the cut of their jib I'll make excuses for a few days to allow a more sensible sounding buyer to turn up first. Classified ads yield more than on auction too in my experience.

I never bother with eBay auctions anymore. In the last 6 months I've sold about 10 cars on ebay, all of them to the first person to view and each within £100 of my asking price. Good description, half decent photos and a reasonable asking price help obviously, but to me it's all about the Classified Ad. It removes most of the chancers and bargain hunters and you also get to pick your buyer before they show. 'Low cash m8' texts get ignored or a wordy answer to suggest I'm not some spanner. Normally the guy who actually bothers picking up the phone is serious enough to turn up with cash, however if I don't like the cut of their jib I'll make excuses for a few days to allow a more sensible sounding buyer to turn up first. Classified ads yield more than on auction too in my experience.

Never tried a classified Ad as no real experience of selling on ebay! Bugger.

THE PLAN - Early night and a relaxed journey across Cyprus tomorrow taking in a classic car and classic motorcycle museum before tomorrow afternoons flight to Bulgaria.

THE REALITY - It's 02:55am in Cyprus, I've just got back from the bar, I need to be up at 5 am to get two buses, walk 5 miles, border cross, walk 3 miles and then another bus to the airport to fly to Bulgaria then walk 2 hours to get a bus for 3 hours then walk a couple of miles to get home. I can feel a hangover starting and I haven't been to sleep yet.

Schoolboy errors aplenty in my world.

Cables or hoses or a combination of both.

Just watered the seedlings in the greenhouse and got stroppy with the hose pipe,I hate extension leads and air lines too.

At the weekend I got the pressure washer out, ultimate hell, extension lead/hose/lance aarrgghh

+ 1000000 on that, I bought a pressure washer years ago and used it once. Too much hassle!

I hate travelling with the great unwashed.

All winter I have sat in carriages full of people with coats on with all the windows open freezing my balls off. Now I am sat here in a carriage full of morons with coats on and all the windows closed with the heating on full sweating my bollocks off. What is wrong with these people?

I hate travelling with the great unwashed.

All winter I have sat in carriages full of people with coats on with all the windows open freezing my balls off. Now I am sat here in a carriage full of morons with coats on and all the windows closed with the heating on full sweating my bollocks off. What is wrong with these people?

if it's Northern I'm not surprised about the heating.

It'll get replaced with a new train soon...

You won't be able to open the windows and the a/c will proably be on 90% of the time.

Trying to shift my girlfriends rotten MOT fail T reg Polo for £50 on Facebook. I have someone asking me if it runs and drives and if the battery or starter are the reason why it needs jumping.

FIFTY POUNDS.

I would have bridged it months ago if I had been allowed to.

I'm sure someone on here recently said you can get GBP70/tonne at the scrappers?  

Great, get home from work to find somene has opened a First Direct bank account by for me.

I wonder what else they have been doing in my name.

Get someone like Experian to do a credit check pronto. Seems weird that someone would do that as any debit cards, etc would go to you too? Unless they planned to intercept the post and you beat them to it.

Do you live in a block with a shared letter box? One of my neighbours used to open my post and give it to me once they had read it, very annoying

clearscore.com gives you your Equifax credit file gratis and noddle.co.uk gives you the Callcredit one.

Experian usually have a trial but if you don't want to pay for it monthly you have to ring up and give them some BS as to why you don't want it. Signing up for one of the others will list any opened accounts though.

a shit two days caused by a Volkswagen

Monday : 06 caddy,the owner bought it lowered and wanted me to return it to standard height and mot it.

In the back were a set of front legs from a scrap car complete, old legs out, fit new ones,bolt up balljoint,track rod,drop link etc, go to fit caliper... 90mm caliper into 150mm bracket won't go. Decide to use shock and spring in original bottom,undo pinch bolt,seperate hub,go to fit shock from the other and.... Doesn't fit,55mm shock doesn't fit into a 50mm hole. I've got another mot turning up so put it back together and get it off the ramp,order front shocks and springs

Tuesday : fit new front shocks and springs, move to rear axle, remove axle and springs and try and work out how it was lowered,get TPS to send me a PDF of axle,after much studying it turns out that the brackets have been cut/moved/welded

Refit original axle as I need the ramp back for another mot

To be concluded another day and even then I'm sure replacement axle will be SLIGHTLY different

AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get someone like Experian to do a credit check pronto. Seems weird that someone would do that as any debit cards, etc would go to you too? Unless they planned to intercept the post and you beat them to it.

Do you live in a block with a shared letter box? One of my neighbours used to open my post and give it to me once they had read it, very annoying

Thanks have done one and nothing else untoward has happened. Not in a shared property and god knows how they managed to set it up without it even confirming my identity using my credit file. Will find out more when they call me.