The grumpy thread

outlaw118

11 hours ago, Metal Guru said:

It’s that cunt Brewer’s fault. Smug git beats down the price everytime. Everyone thinks that’s what you have to do.

Been saying this since he first crawled from under his stone.

The bit of Brewer's shows that pisses me off the most is when he pulls up outside the workshop and sounds the horn to get the long-suffering mechanic's attention.  Just get out and walk in, you lazy twat!

I always hope that said mechanic will reply with "Surprised you can fit in that, you fat prick!"

• Haha 6

On 04/07/2024 at 22:48, robt100 said:

Trying to sell the van is putting me in a mood.

Popped it on Autotrader for a bit more exposure, had 3 enquiries in 24hrs (good news), 1 guy was very concerned about the bodywork condition, seemed very hung up on the fact there is a square, less than A5 sized where I think someone has forgotten to lacquer after painting, can only be noticed at certain angles from under 2ft away as having a little less shine. Never heard back after the first call.

2nd guy tried to offer £2k under the asking price over the phone and seems surprised when I say no🙈.  "but its 2004, its not worth that" was his reasoning, I'm guessing he hasn't looked at prices for these things. He didn't seem keen on my suggestion that he doesn't have to buy it if its too expensive for him...

3rd guy says he will be there in 30mins.....that was at 7:30pm today,  never arrived and has now gone no-contact. Which is more concerning as he now has my address, hopefully the van will still be there tomorrow😬. I just don't understand why you wouldn't say anything if you changed your mind or something came up and you couldn't make it, wasted a good hour or so of my evening when I had other things to do.

(Edit - ignore the weird underline... I don't know why that's happened!)

Had a van listed on eBay at work, disposing of it on behalf of a customer 

Honestly I was sick of the barrage of fucking messages coming through as follows:

"Send me pos cod"

"Tell me las price cash today no wasting time"

"Send me your phone number please" 

No. Actually please just FUCK OFF. 

All the information is in the advert, it's a 7 day auction. Place a bid, if you win, happy days, if you don't, fuck off! 

I'm not going to entertain 50 people ringing the phone off the hook and coming down to kick the tyres on a spares/repairs van that's being sold well below its up-and-running, MOT'd value. 

I started getting shirty with the "last price" brigade, I bluntly told them that auctions tend to work by bidding the highest price, not a race to the bottom. Of course none of them bothered replying anyway, nor did they have any intention of buying the fucking thing. 

On 27/06/2024 at 18:54, cpjitservices said:

Grumpy... Grrrrr got to take wifes 73 plate MG ZS into Dealership tomorrow (motability) It has got just shy of 7k on the clock....

Shock Absorber pissing oil!!

FFS.

I wouldn't have been surprised if you said it was a rotten subframe on a 73 plate MG 😅

• Like 1

On 28/06/2024 at 15:58, Talbot said:

Today's grump.  Looking to purchase a Triumph Spitfire (not for me I should add).  Found one on ebay, looks ok.  Seller has the ridiculous requirement of a £500 deposit to be paid at end of auction.  It's against ebay Ts&Cs, and against any and all advice ever for buying a car to do that.  So I of course ignored it and bid anyway, expecting to tell the seller I would be arriving on X date, with money to buy the car, and wouldn't be buggering about.

Seller gets on the phone and gives me a load of old shit about the fact that I am "violating HIS terms and conditions" and that by not paying it's giving me an "unfair advantage" over other bidders.  All utter horseshit.  We went round and round in circles for a while, untill I ask if I can just turn up and buy the bloody thing.  "no, it's the principle of the matter now".

Oh do get fucked.  I know selling a car is a ballache and sellers get pissed about all the time, but all I wanted to do was turn up, check the car matches the description and photos, pay the man and take it away.  Not difficult, surely?

Turns out it is.

Wanker.

The way I interpret that sort of seller is "it's nothing like the description, but probably just about acceptable enough that you won't be arsed about fighting for your £500 deposit back so you'll just take the car under duress, mwahahaha" 

Especially with classics, I'd always encourage a buyer looks at the car before parting with any money. They're almost impossible to 100% accurately describe, and some people just won't be happy with certain flaws, and that's ok. If someone can just go and make their own mind up about what they have in front of them, happy days

TLDR: wholeheartedly agree

It's now summer so Norway is being invaded by Germans which is fine enough but going on holiday with a freaking tractor is not fine. 

This bellow caused complete chaos on one of our main roads yesterday. This should be illegal. And the driver must be a really selfish bastard to think this is okay.Screenshot2024-07-0607_28_52.png.da9215701103347dcaea8b6058e2037d.png

2 hours ago, Dyslexic Viking said:

It's now summer so Norway is being invaded by Germans which is fine enough but going on holiday with a freaking tractor is not fine. 

This bellow caused complete chaos on one of our main roads yesterday. This should be illegal. And the driver must be a really selfish bastard to think this is okay.Screenshot2024-07-0607_28_52.png.da9215701103347dcaea8b6058e2037d.png

I feel the same way about all caravans, regardless of what's towing them...

3 hours ago, Dyslexic Viking said:

It's now summer so Norway is being invaded by @hairnet

EFA.  Happy hols, NG - travel safe! 😎😃

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, ETCHY said:

Conveyancing Solicitors.

We're selling our house. If they'd have a 5 minute fucking phone call then we could exchange contracts & get a completion date... But no it hasn't been sorted in the past 2 weeks. I mean  it's a fucking phone call - yes a fucking phone call between two people, how the holy living shit can that not have happened, how can there not have been time to do this??

Utter & complete bloody twats !🤬

I'm not tryong to stress you out even more but you wait till you see the invoice, some 2 minute calls by the solicitor on our behalf for my mothers probate were billed at £200, total bill was over 10 large. 

2 hours ago, Supernaut said:

The highest speed reported on this was 40 km/h downhill.

The average caravan with a car moves faster than this so better.

1 hour ago, DSdriver said:

I'm not tryong to stress you out even more but you wait till you see the invoice, some 2 minute calls by the solicitor on our behalf for my mothers probate were billed at £200, total bill was over 10 large. 

I seem to have been very lucky then.  Bought this house from the housing association six years ago, took about a month all told, a few personal visits to the solicitor, close to where I worked, mostly emails though.  £500 all in.

4 hours ago, Supernaut said:

Try the A66 before the Appleby horse fair. Horse drawn caravans normally with the “driver” walking alongside, so 3 mph max on one of the North’s busiest roads.

No hot water today from the boiler

central heating working as is immersion

ffs

checked everything before venturing into the loft

why is the header tank for the central heating empty?

how is the central heating still working?

more faff

IMG_2648.jpeg

IMG_2644.jpeg

IMG_2645.jpeg

On 06/07/2024 at 06:30, Dyslexic Viking said:

I agree that is selfish, but I am also staggered that he drove it all the way from Germany to Norway! 

Surely it'll be time to turn around when he gets there.

19 minutes ago, Surface Rust said:

I agree that is selfish, but I am also staggered that he drove it all the way from Germany to Norway! 

Surely it'll be time to turn around when he gets there.

Back in 2014, when I was almost at the North Cape, I met a column of German tractors with caravans that had been to the North Cape. 

So would not be surprised if they in picture has plans to go much further north.

2 hours ago, myglaren said:

Buggered inlet valve?

I’d say so it’s jammed solid

i don’t touch plumbing nor do I want to try and get the air locks out the system

gah !

IMG_7771.jpeg.0f49b6f04f3b4f834ed8871017ff6008.jpeg

no problem, i have a handy inflator

IMG_7772.jpeg.d1e68be03c6907b80b927ababc7dda31.jpeg

nope. 

how about that can of foam i’ve been carrying about for years ? 

IMG_7773.jpeg.2656894433e425452f26849cf9dc97e7.jpeg

nope. 

how about i just fit the spare wheel ? 

nope.

bottle jack is too tall to fit under the sill :( 

IMG_7774.jpeg.fdfddd29258c61d8d3a1a4fd2e7e1f65.jpeg

time for a mayday call.

@DVee8 is on his way :) 

On 06/07/2024 at 06:30, Dyslexic Viking said:

That must be sociopathic, surely. The thought process:

"I'm doing what I want to do and I seriously don't care that it causes problems for thousands of people" 

• Agree 2

Seeing this on Facebook just annoyed me.

image.png.89e59767d26ffeaaedbfd3c2cfa3f872.png

I know it's "just a meme", but...if you hate your kids that much, why the fuck did you have them?

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Pieman said:

I know it's "just a meme", but...if you hate your kids that much, why the fuck did you have them?

Probably didn't hate them before they existed

But yes, I agree with your point. After forcing them to exist, it's not acceptable to treat them like that

1 hour ago, Pieman said:

Ask the risk of going all Andrea Leadsom, the joke (which is what it is) is funnier if you have school age kids. 

Nobody hates their children 

Also, Big 'ev, never not funny

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, fairkens said:

My girlfriend's mother did.

And who's Big'ev?

5 minutes ago, Pieman said:

My girlfriend's mother did.

And who's Big'ev?

Woman in the meme. Eastenders c. 20 years ago

4 hours ago, gm said:

gah !

nope. 

nope. 

nope.

time for a mayday call.

rescued in double quick time, many thanks to @DVee8 for rushing over with a jack, we had the wheel changed and i was back on the road in no time at all :) 

the tyre is trashed, must have been that pothole i hit along the felling bypass - more unplanned expense :( 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

You probably have it organised already but there is a good tyre place in Birtley, near the crem.

CT Tyres.  Used principally but they have new tyres as well.

5 hours ago, gm said:

gah !

nope. 

nope. 

nope.

time for a mayday call.

Sorry. The foam pic made me laugh out loud.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, fairkens said:

Ask the risk of going all Andrea Leadsom, the joke (which is what it is) is funnier if you have school age kids. 

Tell that to my mate who's mother ( late 20's) dropped his two daughters 5&6 for there regular visit 3 months ago & has gone off with boyfriend  & has now decided to play housey with him the other side of town, only communication "I can't cope with them" .

Must be ok as her mother did same with her & when contacted during search said she'll be ok & anyway I've no time to help I'm gunna the Costas next week!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

IMG_20240707_113113_687.jpg.bcdb78a08f95feede7254ea5d110423a.jpg

Found a lil bag'o'coke on the road this morning on my run. Friendly reminder to always log your Columbian marching powder before and after a night out to avoid any mishaps like this