What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

22 hours ago, Datsuncog said:

But the main reason for the grin was that, amid all the scam competitions, there was a genuine competition win that I nearly deleted - a code for a £50 voucher from Oxford Diecast, in a recent prize draw (which I did enter).

Wasn't 100% sure of the legitimacy at first, but I navigated to their website separately, made a few selections from their catalogue and the code was accepted at the checkout so... guess I'll wait and see what arrives!

Well done Datsun! My happy is also Oxford Diecast related, although unlike you I'll have to pay for the privilege.

76FCT001_1056x619.jpg?v=1694710458

Oxford are (hopefully) releasing this, a teeny 'railway scale' County 1884 next year. Praying it doesn't get mired in development hell. 

• Like 2

On 9/15/2023 at 9:34 PM, cobblers said:

Here's the photo I was actually looking for - I saw this in real life and thought I was having a bloody stroke or something:

image.thumb.jpeg.f8b430e15116920088f721b2b75defe1.jpeg

It's a normal, production vehicle too, thousands made on the 23 inch wheelbase.

The overhang!  Makes it look like the rear axle is practically under the b pillar.  Amazing.

Hateful piece of shit

No limiter tho and no tracker

Had the nissan version in 18 and this thing has no cruise and an air suspended seat and the radio is garbage

IMG_20230920_163928.jpg

they took me transit to truckfest and someone drove into it so its getting repaired :D

Why can't UK airports do that

Ironically they've overbooked the connection but the train they put you on to Dresden takes 4 hours I'd miss the gig 

They'd give you 250 euro also but no I'd rather the gig

Screenshot_2023-09-23-13-49-30-900_com.google.android.gm.jpg

I just happened to be in the right place and all set up when this Heron landed in front of me and waded into the pond at a reserve ....

I know Herons are very nervous and vanish at the first hint of man being around ...

But the vid has had 400 plus views ...  what did I do right ????

Screenshot_20230923-140331.thumb.png.2193ea41a094b8919eabdd88a3f78ae6.png

Lol at the Chinese guy on the train when the dB chap asked for his ticket in perfect English he said youust buy a ticket or it's 60 euros ( ticket is only 3)

Oddly you buy the ticket from theachine but then there's a machine you punch it with

Wtf

If I'd not seen a.local do that.......

What would dB have said @Schaefft :D

47 minutes ago, hairnet said:

Lol at the Chinese guy on the train when the dB chap asked for his ticket in perfect English he said youust buy a ticket or it's 60 euros ( ticket is only 3)

Oddly you buy the ticket from theachine but then there's a machine you punch it with

Wtf

If I'd not seen a.local do that.......

What would dB have said @Schaefft :D

Many decades ago on my last and only  train trip in Italy, (Florence to Venice) you had to punch the tickets to validate them.

6 minutes ago, hairnet said:

It's not 1965 that's all

My trip was 1992 I think. First class train was very nice- I remember we flew out on Dan dare airways which folded the same week. Thompson city break I think it was. Flight to Pisa, bus to Florence train to venice and flight back to Manchester. I’ve flown again twice - to Bordeaux and Marseille, and not for nearly twenty years.

On 9/12/2023 at 8:01 PM, Matty said:

New addition to the family

IMG-20230912-WA0000.thumb.jpg.bbccc26eb144c60b510b615654648ee7.jpg

Replacement outriggers progressing at an impressive pace. You can buy them ready manufactured at quite a dear price. On the other hand there's about 50 quids worth of steel in the job. So he's making them himself. All done to correct spec including tube wall thickness. Properly powder coated and filled with preservative should win it a few more years.

20230926_121232.thumb.jpg.406f8b513bc11f984fcf1f0ce55bdfc8.jpg20230926_121237.thumb.jpg.29f42938f4cb1dcfc48918ebd23347de.jpg20230926_121243.thumb.jpg.7d6c0e6f060b8d5ad7143c361f29941c.jpg

Yesterday my neighbours wheelie bin got blown over by the wind, it then rolled down the driveway leaving a trail of debris from the open lid before doing a 180” into the middle of the road and emptying the rest of its contents.  Luckily I was in the vicinity at the time so was able to film the entire event as it happened on my mobile phone then warn drivers about the wheelie bin obstruction in the middle of the road (there was just enough room to squeeze a car past with myself acting as banksman). When my neighbour returned later that day from her 12 hour shift at the nursing home I was keen to point out what had happened and show her my video of the event and give her some advice about bin storage etc but she just ignored me while attempting to lift the heavy bin back onto its wheels (a passing OAP helped her in the end) and dragging the bin back into position then clearing up the litter that had been blown into the road and surrounding area, while I watched and gave advice/encouragement.