What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

1 hour ago, Metal Guru said:

TBF you don’t need to look far to find an Irish bar. I travelled in Europe a lot through work in the 90s and reckoned I could  find an Irish bar, McDonalds and C&A  in any city centre within half an hour.

It did make me smile when, on holiday in Eire, my wife's friend suggested we might find an Irish bar in the town!

3 hours ago, Metal Guru said:

TBF you don’t need to look far to find an Irish bar. I travelled in Europe a lot through work in the 90s and reckoned I could  find an Irish bar, McDonalds and C&A  in any city centre within half an hour.

Irish people get everywhere. Even in unlikely places you'll find us, we're a nation where so much of our story is emigration, me included. 

Strolling round Helsinki, Ice Hockey central, we find a GAA Club. Brilliant. 

IMG-20180915-WA0001.thumb.jpg.d67250be7612dd1af864e541c576d587.jpg

Though I think a lot of Irish bars aren't really Irish, chancing their arm a little bit. 

4 hours ago, Spurious said:

Irish people get everywhere. Even in unlikely places you'll find us, we're a nation where so much of our story is emigration, me included. 

Strolling round Helsinki, Ice Hockey central, we find a GAA Club. Brilliant. 

IMG-20180915-WA0001.thumb.jpg.d67250be7612dd1af864e541c576d587.jpg

Though I think a lot of Irish bars aren't really Irish, chancing their arm a little bit. 

I know what you mean. I found a bar in a small town in Italy proudly proclaiming “The Highlander Irish Bar”, complete with a picture of someone obviously Scottish in full highland dress. I suppose there’s a blurred line between Scots and Irish in Glasgow so you can hardly blame Italians mixing them up.

Pulled into services at Gordano,  there was this horrific large 1970-early 80's french registered Mercedes powered motor home like breaking bad. 

A very bohemian french coupe and several children 6-12 got out.  

My oppo says dryly- that will be an "adventure" and I hope they have breakdown cover👍

Brave pill and an adventure,  breaking down part of it. 

Up Scotland with the 107. Fully loaded and 70mph where allowed. Turned 90k while we're away too.
Tell me again why everyone doesn't have one?

20220824_152230.thumb.jpg.20f4fb822264e4b90ef35273c1199109.jpg
For a reliable, cheap to run car they cant be beaten in my opinion. It's just a pity they dont have enough comfort for me now, and are not capable of towing a caravan.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, PhilA said:

It's not 18 foot long with a 5.2 litre V8 in.

Plus they only sold them in Brazil. They didn't bother with it here, the smallest thing they sell right now in that car bracket is the Fit

Your economy isn't shot to shit with gas, electric and fuel prices going through the roof.

There's time yet.

5 minutes ago, paulplom said:

Your economy isn't shot to shit with gas, electric and fuel prices going through the roof.

There's time yet.

It's getting there.

Price of fuel has gone back down. Though, believe me, I would prefer to drive something that does better fuel economy but having owned one, life is too short to not have torque.

2 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

What's the smallest car you regularly see on the roads in the States?  Did they sell the Chevrolaewoo Spark over there?

Enterprise list them as their smallest car but you get Elantra or corolla or versa although visiting Phil they gave me a fiesta 

No way will you get a 107 sized car ( sadly)

108 did 54 thrashed to Germany and back the other week