What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

2 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

What's the smallest car you regularly see on the roads in the States?  Did they sell the Chevrolaewoo Spark over there?

Enterprise list them as their smallest car but you get Elantra or corolla or versa although visiting Phil they gave me a fiesta 

No way will you get a 107 sized car ( sadly)

108 did 54 thrashed to Germany and back the other week

28 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

What's the smallest car you regularly see on the roads in the States?  Did they sell the Chevrolaewoo Spark over there?

From the big named brands, the smallest new car I have seen is the Fit. 

Used to be the Smart ForTwo but those aren't really new any more.

8 hours ago, Daviemck2006 said:

For a reliable, cheap to run car they cant be beaten in my opinion. It's just a pity they dont have enough comfort for me now, and are not capable of towing a caravan.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

I bought one for my son when he turned 17. Bought it in North London and drove it back to Scotland, not hammering it as it was brand new and often slip-streaming lorries, but mostly 60mph, it did 75mpg.

1 hour ago, rainagain said:

At the end of the pandemic they were doing any breakfast meal for £1.99. The wraps they do with chipotle sauce are amazing

Funnily enugf the machine was being a div and wouldn't let me pay I wanted brekky meal 5 quid and some timbits 2 quid went to the desk paid and it was 4.99 wtf

Last time I came south a woman dropped a box of eggs in front of me in waitrose , I looked down , quails eggs , had to be didn't they 

This week we've ventured further south, at the moment I'm in Newbury Berkshire in the motorhome , nice CL 

20220825_192348.thumb.jpg.86e197f0558aefd6a1e180fa1b2bc559.jpg

just walked up to the pub  , a couple in their late 60s i'd say with a girl, possibly daughter and her newborn baby 

The waitress comes over , lovely,  what's his name 

Atticus

Oh do fuck off , there must be normal people down here 

15 minutes ago, Wack said:

Last time I came south a woman dropped a box of eggs in front of me in waitrose , I looked down , quails eggs , had to be didn't they 

This week we've ventured further south, at the moment I'm in Newbury Berkshire in the motorhome , nice CL 

just walked up to the pub  , a couple in their late 60s i'd say with a girl, possibly daughter and her newborn baby 

Atticus

Don’t worry, there are but we’re about 10 miles further south😁

ByIn the little lounge here drinking tea and trying not to eat all their biccies the smart TV here has YouTube and Netflix but only saorview ( Irish Freeview) which only had 6 channels

But in the other room they have English Freeview or sky cos news at 10 has just started :D

Ps I hate shakey byrne

Edit watching fully charged that only have kryten in them now

IMG_20220825_215841681.jpg

IMG_20220825_215853667_HDR.jpg

53 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

image.png.aeeb772cc51fd9ba501054c6fc3591bf.png

I, for one, am not sorry. WTF was he on about most of the time? I know grammar etc isn't everyone's strong point, but if you can't communicate your thoughts in typed words, you're best sticking to verbal comms. So far, he was the only one I'd hoped this would happen to, everyone else here has something worthwhile to say, IMHO.

10 hours ago, Wack said:

Atticus

Fans of "To kill a mockingbird"?

6 hours ago, wuvvum said:

It was the first time in nearly 16 years on Autoshite that I've used the "block" function.

That's too clever for me, I just scrolled past as the words hurt my eye bones.

9 hours ago, HarmonicCheeseburger said:

Bit of the loop what happened?  

He came in spouting utter crap.... Mostly incoherent and illegible ramblings that were impossible to decipher. 

Aggressive beyond measure and just a nasty piece of work. 

Managed to annoy, harangue and piss off basically everyone inside a week. Then got worse..... 

Bizarre doesn't cover it. 

Mumsnet will chew him up and shit him out if he tries any of that bollocks on with them.

They're jolly fierce on there.

The sad thing is, from time to time there was fleeting evidence of someone who actually had some good technical knowledge and experience with old cars.

But the endless shitposting of provocative drivel and pugilistic stance towards pretty much everyone was nothing but alienating.

He seemed wilfully unaware that this isn't just the below-the-line comments section of <insert any online news site of your choice> with anonymous bedroom-based keyboard warriors wasting their days shitposting, flaming and trolling each other like a text-based version of Fortnite - but more of an actual community where most of us have connections in real life.

Not to excuse, but a couple of posts on the 'WTF Is Wrong With You?' thread indicated some serious issues at play. Continuing to drop 'HaHa' responses to longstanding members sharing genuine problems, even after being put on pre-mod, doesn't suggest someone with much emotional regulation.

Hope he gets the help he needs before he makes himself persona non grata on other forums.

But yeah, I got the same feeling when I saw the 'Not Member' status as when I've successfully managed to clear a blocked drain...

6 hours ago, davehedgehog31 said:

isit-safe-to-come-out-29645015.png.a204039f2e3ca8cc973bbac334cae62d.png

Wonder where he'll go next. Mumsnet won't know what's hit them. 

Off to the comment sections of the DM, DE or dailysecptic. maybe annoying certian YTers? 

Oops hafe I got hes  spilling mentalness?😏

The dogs belonging to the arsehole who lets them out to shit everywhere dropped a huge sloppy pile behind my discovery. We're talking that much I could barely get it on the shovel.

Why grin thread?

Well as usual I returned to sender, but sloppy + full shovel = bad aim. I'm sure he'll get it off his windscreen quite easily anyway.