What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

1 hour ago, clayts450 said:

Michelin Cross Climates have turned me into a driving God. Went over the A623 this morning and it was snowing heavily but had been gritted. Cue a long queue of weekend bimblers doing 20mph. Clear sight lines, straight road way into the distance, fuck this, overtook about five or six in one go at about 40mph. Then another two. Then another one.  My best ever series of overtakes and not even at nun/children/fluffy kitten killing speed.

Tap tap dashcam dashcam 

Did you see any of that 

I overtook some donk doing 45 in a 60 in the Yaris , if I'm overtaking it's not about watching the speed it's being on the wrong side of the road for as little as possible , he was flashing his lights and tapping near the mirror until I was well in front 

They should rename dashcam to twatweapon 

15 hours ago, Wack said:

Tap tap dashcam dashcam 

Did you see any of that 

I overtook some donk doing 45 in a 60 in the Yaris , if I'm overtaking it's not about watching the speed it's being on the wrong side of the road for as little as possible , he was flashing his lights and tapping near the mirror until I was well in front 

They should rename dashcam to twatweapon 

If I ever get the flashing headlights, I take it as a compliment on a fine overtake and always give a double hazard flash to say thank you. 

But yes, no doubt I'll be on some YouTube DCW compilation - never watch them.

I will always accommodate an overtake by lifting off, or in some cases even encouraging an overtake by pulling left and indicating left (and obviously doing the following driver's observations for them too to make sure no junction/hazards/oncoming traffic) - usually get a double hazard flash from those that take the opportunity. The perils of being limited to 50* on fast moving single carriageways (I'm looking at you in particular, A17). Mind you, I'm more often than not the overtaker rather than the overtakee on the A17 and, indeed, the A16.

16 minutes ago, clayts450 said:

If I ever get the flashing headlights, I take it as a compliment on a fine overtake and always give a double hazard flash to say thank you. 

But yes, no doubt I'll be on some YouTube DCW compilation - never watch them.

I will always accommodate an overtake by lifting off, or in some cases even encouraging an overtake by pulling left and indicating left (and obviously doing the following driver's observations for them too to make sure no junction/hazards/oncoming traffic) - usually get a double hazard flash from those that take the opportunity. The perils of being limited to 50* on fast moving single carriageways (I'm looking at you in particular, A17). Mind you, I'm more often than not the overtaker rather than the overtakee on the A17 and, indeed, the A16.

I hated the A17 , I once had 2 farmers traveling in opposite directions stop and have a 5 minute chat , no fucks were given about the queue that formed

Doing 80 on the Interstate through New Orleans tonight, I look in my mirror and see a guy in lane 3 coming hurtling past easily doing a ton.

This is not unusual.

What was unusual was the car he was driving was a Lotus 7. Suicidal in traffic round here!

I can't remember if I found this on here first but there are now various versions.

"Ohh, the Grand Old Duke Of York, 

He had 12 million quid,

He gave it to someone he'd never met, 

For something he never did.

And when he was up he was up.

And when she was down he was down,

And when he was only half way up,

He was neither up or down".

(repeat forever)