What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Just came off the M56 at J11 , a car in lane one which goes to daresbury park , lane 2&3 go onto the  dual carriageway 

I'm in lane 2 , the lights change and the car to my left just goes straight on , luckily I'd prepared for it but gave her a blast so she knew she'd just cut me up

She winds the window down and gives me the 5 finger shuffle so I pass her laughing but Mrs wack is having none of it so starts to do something similar as I go by 

Only she stops as they clock each other , it's a girl she used to work with who then slows right down so there's no further contact 

I guess she recognised Mrs wack then :D

33 minutes ago, Wack said:

I bought a  1930s  photo album at a boot sale this weekend 

This guy probably couldn't believe his luck , punching well above his weight there :D

20210601_170632.thumb.jpg.420784416a331a3985bc3a77ef4633e0.jpg

There was a fair bit of that on account of a large %age of men being killed in WW1; spinsters became a thing too. He could fly to Jersey with those ears.

Just dining out in the local pub , looks like all the staff have changed 

The (young) waitress asked how I'd like my steak done , I said rare 

After 10 minutes she's come over and asked if I'd asked for it well done 

No, rare 

But you said you wanted it brown 

Brown , not heard of brown , rare, medium rare , medium, well done but not brown 

I guess they're starting again then 😃

She's not asked if I want my peas green yet 

Looked like one for the grumpy thread - realised that I had left my car key in my pocket when I chucked my overalls in the washing machine.  Alerted by the banging and crashing  :(

Fortunately it still works. Would have been a disaster as it is the only one.  I have been going to get a spare and had contacted a locksmith but he never made an appointment.

An addition to my record collection just arrived:

20210604_134153.thumb.jpg.6bc6b8b110fc3a95add1bc8af4725ab5.jpg

The only other place I've ever been able to find it is quite low quality rips on YouTube, I used to have a burned CD with it and other stock car related music on it but I've no idea where that's gone! There's some more songs used as starting music I'd like to get hold of, but I can only get a couple at a time because the price of vinyl has gone a bit silly since the last time I was buying!

9 minutes ago, reb said:

The only other place I've ever been able to find it is quite low quality rips on YouTube, I used to have a burned CD with it and other stock car related music on it but I've no idea where that's gone! There's some more songs used as starting music I'd like to get hold of, but I can only get a couple at a time because the price of vinyl has gone a bit silly since the last time I was buying!

I might have a spare Mouldy Old Dough if you're interested? Will take a while to find it. 

On 5/10/2021 at 5:02 AM, Wack said:

This made me grin  

Phil Collins has spent decades buying up original Alamo artifacts for his collection , in 2014 he donated all of them to the Alamo museum so everyone could enjoy them 

They've built a new wing to house them , much better than many things that get passed about amongst those  rich enough to afford them and shut away in drawers 

https://www.thealamo.org/visit/whats-at-the-alamo/phil-collins-collection 

349887157_Screenshot_20210510-115709_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.f9ab2ff8dd266ab363c033fdbe3a154e.jpg

Has he managed to buy the flag  the Mexicans captured in the battle?  Still in Mexico City in the National Museum.

5 hours ago, reb said:

I had a CD like that,mine got damaged & wouldn't play any more.Still got Mouldy Old Dough on a 70s compilation CD though 😁

Hang a disposable BBQ off the side of your £50k camper van. Enjoy such benefits as melted paint, all the smoke from your cremated burgers filling up the van and perhaps even set the whole thing on fire! If you're really lucky the flames will melt the nylon straps and your food will fall on the floor! Brilliant! Just fifty pounds! 

image.png.3e1ce329752732d71b22fb5939cb1f6e.png

15 hours ago, reb said:

Please tell me you have the kit to be able to record that onto a blank cassette, and sell for a small profit which you'll give to charity. I have a couple of spare cassettes, and If you are up for it, I'd be happy to check your quality. 

7 hours ago, New POD said:

Please tell me you have the kit to be able to record that onto a blank cassette, and sell for a small profit which you'll give to charity. I have a couple of spare cassettes, and If you are up for it, I'd be happy to check your quality. 

Unfortunately I don't have a cassette deck, I've never fancied messing around replacing belts and whatnot to use a format I only own 3 or 4 of. I could probably record it onto the computer but that's not quite the same.

I was on my way back from the supermarket in the mx5 with the roof down and these two passed me by, I briefly joined their convoy and we negotiated several roundabouts in an appropriate* manner :) 

IMG_5818.thumb.JPG.ec711f1374868f7e2d1aacc87bb4c958.JPG

the occupants were all old enough to know better, good to see them enjoying themselves !

1 hour ago, beko1987 said:

Modern aircon is fucking good isn't it. Drove my dad's car 100 miles earlier and was deep shivering.after a while. Makes my own aircon seem fucking fucked m8

Best a/c I ever used was my old I***O Daily work van.  I think it was spec"d to cool the whole van but it had a bulkhead fitted so was quite a small area. 

That got absolutely freezing cold, even in weather like we had this week it could give you a headache. 

The rest of the van was dog shit obvs.