What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

5 minutes ago, Roobarb said:

Look at the fuel gauge!

Didn’t know we had rich shitters on the site ? Or is it just appropriately broken? ?

I guess keeping it in a tank in the car is as safe as keeping it under the mattress and about the same return as a bank these days. 

It might work like my gas gauge- disconnect the wire for immediate happiness, the needle goes straight to FULL when you switch the ignition on then.

Was just perusing my business bank account when I noticed 3 repayment had been made to the account from my car insurer. Naturally, I think the Autoshite way and assume the worst and invent the scenario that my insurer has decided to cancel my insurance and isn't this an outrage, etc.

After calling the insurer, they've informed me that they've refunded me 40% of my policy for the 12 weeks of lockdown, due to reduced risk associated with reduced usage of cars at that time.

I'm only paying £12 a month TPFT with windscreen cover on a 2006 Mondeo as it is (could pay less if I bought a yearly policy, too) but I'll take back £14.something or so gladly!

This is not the first time NZ car insurance has made me comment positively on here - it's so much easier to deal with when it isn't compulsory and there's no whiplash claims etc. that the insurers are liable for. 

13 hours ago, Roobarb said:

Look at the fuel gauge!

Didn’t know we had rich shitters on the site ? Or is it just appropriately broken? ?

I guess keeping it in a tank in the car is as safe as keeping it under the mattress and about the same return as a bank these days. 

£40 to fill it with premium hardly breaks the bank!

And it's jap so definitely works.

1 hour ago, High Jetter said:

That's a grin because...?

Oops - thought we were in news 24 there :( 

grin is we borrowed tools and made good a repair and were back out on track within twenty minutes :) 

the offending article - a smoll rubber coolant  nipple buried at the back of the engine 

0679C43C-7153-4C45-9757-DFFDCDCB2F71.jpeg.bc7dd8e8f0325d4087c5c123b1fe8a76.jpeg