outlaw118

What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

4 hours ago, twosmoke300 said:

Toyota and Isuzu must be laughing their cocks off having seen that new "defender"

Thank god they still do basic , practical steel wheeled working 4x4's

Absolutely.  The press seem to be making a fuss about it but it doesn't look anything special, it's specced just below a discovery and it seems to be priced extremely high. 

Kyles shelving and workbench were delivered at 7:00a.m this morning!  He was barely out of bed and undecided as to be delighted his stuff had arrived or grumpy because it was so early!  :)  As he's an utter twat, he woke me up at God forsaken oclcock to tell me/share the misery!

Had my speed awareness course this morning.  First 2 hours was fine, second 2 hours dragged a bit. Glad I don't go to school.

They told us we could decide to go along the road we are on now, or change our ways and become better drivers.

I've been pulled 3 times in 57 years. I'll stick with the road I'm on thanks.

2 hours ago, cort1977 said:

Absolutely.  The press seem to be making a fuss about it but it doesn't look anything special, it's specced just below a discovery and it seems to be priced extremely high. 

I'm pretty disappointed... yes, the Japanese people won the battle for utilitarian 4*4s 30 years ago. No real point continuing trying to compete there. But we do have other successful 'heritage' 4*4s on the market like the Suzuki Jimmy (there's a new one out), Jeep Wrangler and Toyota FJ Cruiser which are all a lot cheaper than the new Defender, are all capable off roaders but have a rough n tumble 'activity car' spec. Not leather and chrome like we've seen today. LR has half a dozen models now and all seem to have exactly the same target market. But why blame them? Suburban parents still love buying them. The only old Defenders I've ever been in were those of my Scout master and of a friend who liked to eat animals that he'd shot.

3 minutes ago, willswitchengage said:

I'm pretty disappointed... yes, the Japanese people won the battle for utilitarian 4*4s 30 years ago. No real point continuing trying to compete there. But we do have other successful 'heritage' 4*4s on the market like the Suzuki Jimmy (there's a new one out), Jeep Wrangler and Toyota FJ Cruiser which are all a lot cheaper than the new Defender, are all capable off roaders but have a rough n tumble 'activity car' spec. Not leather and chrome like we've seen today. LR has half a dozen models now and all seem to have exactly the same target market. But why blame them? Suburban parents still love buying them. The only old Defenders I've ever been in were those of my Scout master and of a friend who liked to eat animals that he'd shot.

Yes but they aren’t good ol’ Blighty built cars that helped win the war are they?* I am sure Chelsea will be full of them, some of those kerbs are quite high...........

*note Defenders may not have existed in the war and aren’t made in the UK anymore

Good news in the Floatylight Household! Mrs FL was offered a job yesterday and FL junior has been offered an apprenticeship as an accountant this morning, working for a motorhome company who let the staff take the vans out on holiday (result!!) his younger brother is currently having an interview to be apprentice grounds keeper at a well known football ground.. Here 's hoping it's a hat trick!

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Just now, LightBulbFun said:

you still have the Hyundai right? :mrgreen:

I’ll be buggered if I’m pushing it there, he lives uphill from me!

I also think that the rusted out passenger side strut will fall off if it was lifted up, the gap between the wheel and arch has significantly reduced in recent times.

Seeing people who park on the private road outside my house to go to the newly opened Five Guys around the corner to buy an overpriced burger get parking tickets

You could’ve had a fillet steak in a nice restaurant for the £75 minimum it’s just cost you (or paid £2 for parking in an actual car park) :D 

Cars really do look better in the dark!

20190911_235533.thumb.jpg.55f5d8faa424c18ef02dffca1b9614c7.jpg

20190912_000142.thumb.jpg.46e3ecd1c7919e6fba023520177cc3f4.jpg

Can't even see the cobwebs!

Additional grin in wondering what the friends of a (fairly posh) friend thought when they were introduced to a scruffy man wearing an old army jacket and smoking a rollie perched on the bootlid of a manky Volvo...