What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

There was a Fireworks display here last night, part of the note put in my letterbox read.......

The display will last for 8 and 1/2  minutes. We are excited to inform you we are using low noise fireworks,

However there will be loud music and bright lights so please insure (sic) your pets are safe.

Made me grin !  I did not go as even though 5 mins walk from home it was very cold and very wet. 

But the music was easily heard from home, and the fireworks made plenty of bangs.

Cancer suffering, albeit post chemo, dog has just told the neighborhood to fuck right off with their fireworks with an impressive display of barking, tearing round the garden and general pissed off behaviour and is now snoring soundly next to me

Also Everton won and I am a tad tiddlypops   :-D

• Like 4

It's been a while since I've been in at this time on a Saturday, but

Fuck me what does Johnathan Ross think he looks like, not a grey hair on his head, he looks like a vampire

• Like 3

post-20043-0-44580700-1541287386_thumb.jpg

These old Top Gear magazines I got are full of shite. They genuinely seemed to have loved it back then.

This particular article was about a lady who took a Charade to 310k!!!

It lasted until 2001 too.

Just noticed this afternoon that several of the hotel staff here have name badges for our event. Asked one of the lads running the bar and it turns out that they wanted to show how much they enjoy having us here every year and had approached the management to see if they could do something. So they got their own badges.

Just really nice to see the staff actively making themselves a part of things, just fun to see. They've always been bloody brilliant here anyhow, but seeing a visible sign of our support was nice to see.

Folks on reception remembered us by name from last year too which was impressive.

Had a slightly baffled taxi driver in the car park when we had a bit of a photo shoot going on (in the lovely November drizzle), and having wound the window down and asking what was going on, his response was "that's bloody brilliant, have fun!" as he drove off.

Only problem is that we're really struggling for space here now. Had 152 attendees in 2015 over the whole weekend, having grown every year, we were on 400+ this year in advance registration only... probably easily 450 through the doors.

This gets tricky...there is a huge void in places with function space in size to handle a few hundred people and 1500+, and a massive jump in the associated costs. This hotel really feels like home to us as well, but the fact that we're going to have to move probably sooner rather than later is a bitter pill we'll have to swallow at some point. We've totally booked all the rooms of the hotel out and have overspill into another couple...the problem though is that we're actually running out of room in the function rooms for the events. Victim of our own success.

I would give it a very good poke about in daylight before getting too carried away. These things do rather like to rot. Thought of you the other day as I saw a YRV in Bridgnorth! Think the last one I saw before that was going through Cannock Auctions.

Yes i have given it a good prod today and the rear ends of the sills under the plastic skirts will need replating as they are just paper thin.

Otherwise its not bad at all.

post-5233-0-28599400-1541291446_thumb.jpg

Shines up ok.

post-5233-0-13045800-1541291573_thumb.jpg

Front clips back on easy.

post-5233-0-27687000-1541291690_thumb.jpg

Typical jap interior.

I think this will be perfect as my new commute ride.

A while ago at work I got some positive adjustments on my pay invoices, to the tune of £150 out of nowhere with no explanation.

Turns out a fella I referred to our delivery service that signed up but kept working for Deliveroo was handing out my referral code to his friends because he wouldn't benefit from using his own, as he wasn't working for us (rider and referee get £50 after they both do 30 jobs). The £150 was referral bonuses, and he said today he has another one lined up to send me!

Don't know if anyone else reads Clint Thrust's blog about his car escapades but this one had me in uncontrollable fits of laughter, well worth a read..

http://www.motorjournal.co.uk/2018/10/episode-109-ford-focus-cc-ey07-hsg-part.html?m=1

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

My hangover is nowhere near as bad as anticipated. I may live to see my date this afternoon.

Are you still drunk Cheggers?

You only get a hangover when sober(ish)

Are you still drunk Cheggers?

You only get a hangover when sober(ish)

I don't think so, but time will tell. I'm not driving until this afternoon so all good.

This may sound harsh but I’m pleased that my cousin and her fiancée have split up. I quite liked the fiancée (as long as we didn’t talk politics) but the thought of the two of them together as a pair of Deloittes asset managers (or similar) really was sickening and smug...

Unfortunately they also had a mortgage. That must reap a real fucker. They’re both about 26, so plenty of time to find more unsuitable suitors!

attachicon.gif20181103_232056.jpg

These old Top Gear magazines I got are full of shite. They genuinely seemed to have loved it back then.

Car Mechanics Magazine used to do a feature on cars that had covered over 200k miles

I can thoroughly recommend the Skizzerco "Drivasperience" weekend..

Saturday, i enjoyed the "section manager, 1975" Victor experience -

post-17572-0-76043600-1541340750_thumb.jpg

she's a torquy fucker, and most pleasant to drive - absolutely a pleasant and easy mile muncher!

Sunday was the "Absolute cad and a bounder" day -

post-17572-0-96019500-1541339626_thumb.jpg

Highlights included a full bore 2nd/3rd blast, and taking the opportunity to blip menacingly at an Aston Martin DB11 to show it who is boss..

Thank you for being a valued customer of Skizzerco Drivasperiences, we recognise you have other choices and welcome your loyalty.

It’s been a very jolly and also productive weekend. Lovely to meet the delightful Burd, looking forward to next time - when even more hoonage (and probably fixage) experiences should be available.

Travel homeward well and give my fondest to Tebay.

Driving along the M25 yesterday to the A12 (J28), I spotted a puke green van type object, possibly Renner or Pug that was bimbling along as it continued it's journey along the 25. Deffo classic territory as I thought it was a Commer initially.

Driven by an attractive, youngish female. I gave her the thumbs up as I trundled along the exit slip road. She responded with several beep beeps on the horn and masses of waving. Nice :) :)

• Like 1

On a social media page for my favourite seaside resort, they keep moving a small statue (or image) into/onto different backgrounds. Maybe it's just me...

44954274_303237357179209_640335309649530

He was in the pub at the bottom of the road a couple of days ago....

post-5550-0-22838500-1541361390_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

img_6933.jpg?w=768

To create this public artwork, we worked with Calgary-based fabricators F&D Scene Changes to  transform a 1988 Plymouth Caravelle by cutting and re-shaping the car into a new form simulating digital glitch aesthetics (see the rest of this blog for details). Derived from a “rolling shudder smear,” CARBON COPY is based on scanner manipulations created by sliding an image across the scanner bed while it’s being copied.
  • Like 2

Had a very long day doing an event with my boss and a few other colleagues, as well as a load of people I've never met.

Event went well, with a few minor hiccups - but my boss was hungry afterwards and so she took me to McDonalds.  Having a great boss makes it all worth it.

Is this a normal thing or are you going the extra mile? If the latter then McDs is a bit low rent as a 'attaboy' reward.

Result! The 924 passed its MOT on Friday, just an advisory for slightly perished tyres. Which means that I filled that hole with liquid steel and obscured it with red oxide primer to MOT standard.

But I'm grinning because it means I can go up to the NEC Classic show in it on Friday. 

post-5233-0-40310700-1541429701_thumb.jpg

The joys of an old car an image from last weekends London to Brighton veteren car run.

That really don't look safe to me.

Those front straps are not rated for anything like that size wheel.

• Like 2

attachicon.gif20181103_232056.jpg

...and Daihatsu no longer sell new cars in Britain.

SPICE GIRLS announce new tour

http://thespicegirls.com

I watched the fine Melanie Chisholm sing earlier this year and she was...

Presumably the non-participation of Posh Mrs. Beckham is because she can't sing doesn't really need the money?

Had a lovely drive out in the Merc yesterday.

Went to a local animal shelter (Raystede) to donate some dog food, they were very grateful and on the way I passed a pub where the local Triumph club were obviously meeting - good fun to see an old pub with the car park full of old sports cars.

Also passed a woman walking four sighthounds (my favourite dogs).

Then to Shoreham-by-sea for some errands.  I hadn't realised it was the London to Brighton run yesterday but I did enjoy seeing all the old-timers out and about!

• Like 2