What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

12 hours ago, omegod said:

I've flown Aer Lingus to USA, I was pleasantly surprised at how decent they were , Man-NYC-Man was  £350  

found an icelandair on the way back 200 quid

but its a 767 (least its not a 757 like last time)

usually use aer fungus cos far cheaper to start in dublin - evern with ryanscare flight first - or even the bike - have been in ireland when the flight happened left bike there and out from dub - cos got two days first might nip over fart about then fly out - and they dont mind you parking in the multistorey - EDIT FOR WIBBLE - manchester the only airport in uk that wont let you park in their car parks for free

:P

On 11/04/2024 at 11:04, gm said:

not what you would expect to see parked up on a street corner in byker ! (a not too great part of newcastle)

IMG_6717.jpeg.d6479362bfc0a1773e1c866ab566e480.jpeg

IMG_6718.jpeg.3b8cebbf5b0d0aa1b7dd52bd8369fa82.jpeg

Ah yes, Byker.  There is a grove there, if memory serves.

Coming home from the office this evening, get to the first roundabout and have to stop as there is a Citybug being driven rather enthusiastically round it.  Had a better look as it zoomed past and it was my old 107!  Always nice to see my exes out and about.

• Like 4

My better half is doing a spot of online clothes shopping and spotted this and then did a double take, if you think Detroit and cars what's the first thing that comes to mind? Obviously there are loads of options but I bet most people wouldn't go TR7 would they?!

https://www.urbanoutfitters.com/en-gb/shop/uo-green-detroit-derby-sweatshirt?category=SEARCHRESULTS&color=030&searchparams=q%3Ddetroit&type=REGULAR&quantity=1

0117579930600_030_b.webp.886a0390aebfe71bf08b5eea5a1911f4.webp

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Marina door handles said:

My better half is doing a spot of online clothes shopping and spotted this and then did a double take, if you think Detroit and cars what's the first thing that comes to mind? Obviously there are loads of options but I bet most people wouldn't go TR7 would they?!

https://www.urbanoutfitters.com/en-gb/shop/uo-green-detroit-derby-sweatshirt?category=SEARCHRESULTS&color=030&searchparams=q%3Ddetroit&type=REGULAR&quantity=1

0117579930600_030_b.webp.886a0390aebfe71bf08b5eea5a1911f4.webp

But is the jumper the same on the other side?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, hairnet said:

found an icelandair on the way back 200 quid

but its a 767 (least its not a 757 like last time)

usually use aer fungus cos far cheaper to start in dublin - evern with ryanscare flight first - or even the bike - have been in ireland when the flight happened left bike there and out from dub - cos got two days first might nip over fart about then fly out - and they dont mind you parking in the multistorey - the only airport in uk that wont let you park in their car parks for free

Sorry, trying to interpret this but, are you saying Dublin is in the UK?

26 minutes ago, Wibble said:

Sorry, trying to interpret this but, are you saying Dublin is in the UK?

nah missed a word out now i read it back oops

Not exactly grin, more like fucking hell it wasn't me for a change. Getting in the c1 at Mrs's and the next car to me has peeps doing the looking glum thing. Has someone hit your car?

Yes. Hang on, I'll have a look on the dashcam and see if it got anything. Turns out it's police interceptors tiem. A disco flies round the corner with cops behind it. 3 scallies jump out like the A team and disco sails on clonk into car parked after me.

You would have thought cops would have contacted crashed into owner but they just recover the disco and bugger off. Looks like they got 1 out of 3 scallies.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, hairnet said:

usually use aer fungus cos far cheaper to start in dublin 

:P

@Wibble - well how does that work :D

dub-bos - 679 euro 580 quid

man-bos (via dub cos national carrier) 474 quid

wtf

also found out using trip.com or similar some of them let you pay in instalments :D

will be booked tomorrow :D - also going for two days - usually its in on the day of gig then out the next day - might as well fart about - weekly transport ticket is 22 bucks - might see how far away i can get before the gig on the sunday :D

Took my car for an MOT today. Passed, no advisories. I'm very happy about that. 

This evening I decided to file the pass sheet and noticed the testers name. M. Thatcher. Nice to get a Prime Minister look over your Jaguar XJ

• Like 1

Had a lovely day yesterday. Xsara took me to Birmingham to pick up a friend, then Wakefield to a vacuum cleaner collectors mini-meet at a place some of the northern lads rent out and use above a gym (literally the first time in my life I've ever 'been to a gym') 

IMG20240413134736.jpg.e1ec850f175e8954f8cb71b9070cb506.jpg

Someone bought their early 1910's Hoover 103/5 (I can't remember), that was cool to see! 

IMG20240413143434.jpg.0ac25820fbf7fc7802d1d266ad86a408.jpg

Xsara smashed the lot at either 30, 50 or 80. Bar a couple of times the turbo didn't kick in occasionally it took the drive and the hellish journey back into brum at 7pm to drop my mate back off. 

15 hours ago, horriblemercedes said:

Took my car for an MOT today. Passed, no advisories. I'm very happy about that. 

This evening I decided to file the pass sheet and noticed the testers name. M. Thatcher. Nice to get a Prime Minister look over your Jaguar XJ

Can’t have been Mark Thatcher. He would have got lost on the way there.

23 hours ago, 808 Estate said:

1.jpg.181a0d4678c27afa6ce535a4fb5ef1f7.jpg

Someone did the "Welcome to Hebburn" sign once with "where love comes first" which I thought was quite good.

• Like 1

Actual grin - went to Beamish museum yesterday for the first time in ages and found in one of the houses a playable, in tune piano that didn't have a "DO NOT TOUCH" sign so I sat down and played it.

11 hours ago, beko1987 said:

Had a lovely day yesterday. Xsara took me to Birmingham to pick up a friend, then Wakefield to a vacuum cleaner collectors mini-meet at a place some of the northern lads rent out and use above a gym (literally the first time in my life I've ever 'been to a gym') 

IMG20240413134736.jpg.e1ec850f175e8954f8cb71b9070cb506.jpg

Someone bought their early 1910's Hoover 103/5 (I can't remember), that was cool to see! 

IMG20240413143434.jpg.0ac25820fbf7fc7802d1d266ad86a408.jpg

Xsara smashed the lot at either 30, 50 or 80. Bar a couple of times the turbo didn't kick in occasionally it took the drive and the hellish journey back into brum at 7pm to drop my mate back off. 

You drove many miles to a vacuum cleaner meet? That sucks!!

1 minute ago, auntiemaryscanary said:

IMG_20240414_114112931.jpg.b57ad21587d4599342dc79ace0aac3a3.jpg

Oh, it's having a little wee...

IMG_20240414_114112931.jpg.b57ad21587d4599342dc79ace0aac3a3.jpg

IMG_20240414_114121758.jpg

Is that yours?

Just now, Remspoor said:

Is that yours?

No, just spotted in a car park. 10 mins later the leak had stopped.

Just back from a little pub social, and had a great time.  I even remembered to hand out some business cards for once.  Tonight was made even better by one person mentioning their dad has two Princesses he's "getting around to one day", so I'll have to find out more about that.  Couple of other folks were facing a bit of a trek on foot in the cold to the taxi rank, so I gave them a lift and that seemed to be quite exciting for all concerned since I so rarely have passengers.

Princess is behaving suspiciously well, going to have to give it some attention this weekend to keep it sweet I think.  Just generally having a nice time, it's good to have a break from the stress and actually be making connections with new people.  Got to remember days like this when I'm feeling a bit stressed on other days, it's what'll see me through the bullshit.

a couple of hours on the car saw the most worn tyres on the front to finish wearing them out over the summer , 2 good ones on the back , 

and a fairly decent spare in the boot ,

and the 12 year old spare sat in the garage ready for a new tyre on its rim .. 

hopefully a swap around before the winter will see a set of decent tyres on the car