vulgalour Posted October 25, 2023 Posted October 25, 2023 This will no longer be the view here because the Maestro sold today to a forum lurker. Absolutely painless sale, a true delight to deal with and has given me the money to be able to afford the house move early next year. It takes a MASSIVE load off both to know the Maestro isn't going to be asking for any more time and money from me, and so I can turn my attention to what is now my only car; the Princess. That's right boils and ghouls, I'm back to dailying a Princess with no back up... once I've finished a couple of little jobs and maybe got a fresh MoT on it. Going to be walking everywhere for a bit while I sort that out. Rustybullethole, Remspoor, myglaren and 15 others 18
Wack Posted October 25, 2023 Posted October 25, 2023 I'm liking this mercedes a lot MiniMinorMk3, Rocket88, DSdriver and 5 others 4 3 1
DavieW Posted October 25, 2023 Posted October 25, 2023 11 minutes ago, Wack said: I'm liking this mercedes a lot Please tell me there's a C63 engine in it. 😎😎
MiniMinorMk3 Posted October 26, 2023 Posted October 26, 2023 19 hours ago, Wack said: I'm liking this mercedes a lot Not my cup of tea. Remspoor and Yoss 2
Wack Posted October 26, 2023 Posted October 26, 2023 19 hours ago, DavieW said: Please tell me there's a C63 engine in it. 😎😎 6.2 V8 AMG DavieW, TheOtherStu, AnnoyingPentium and 1 other 4
hairnet Posted October 26, 2023 Posted October 26, 2023 On 25/10/2023 at 19:15, Wack said: I'm liking this mercedes a lot you might be the only one Richard_FM, MiniMinorMk3, myglaren and 1 other 1 1 2
auntiemaryscanary Posted October 26, 2023 Posted October 26, 2023 Wife reading the news - "That Rishi Sunak is going on about the A1!" Me: "You mean that big road we are going home on tomorrow?" "No!" "Oh, AI - that computer intelligence thing..." myglaren, dome, Remspoor and 3 others 2 4
RoverFolkUs Posted October 26, 2023 Posted October 26, 2023 On 24/10/2023 at 13:19, RoverFolkUs said: Oh, it's turned into a sad. Popped back down this morning with another car and it was in the car park. It looked even cleaner than I thought I asked the tester how it did... "Write off" Sounds like it needs suspension arms all around 😕 I've said to him colour me interested at scrap money if that's how it goes... If the owner doesn't want to get it fixed and doesn't want silly money for it, I'll save it. Just because 😅 Well, that went down like a lead balloon... Asked the tester today if there was any news on what he was doing with it and apparently the owner went off in a strop about it, citing how "the MOT test is a big scam to see cars off the road with this ULEZ bollocks" Well, his 1.8 K series Rover 75 is ULEZ compliant, so I'm not sure what his point really is 🤣 And with rotten, holed suspension arms I don't think it's an unjustified fail on the testers part either.. Anyway, I won't hold my breath, you can't save them all. At least I can say I've tried, and if he comes to his senses and decides to think more rationally, the offer is on the table for a painless and perhaps less emotional disposal if someone else is going to try and save it. Can't say fairer than that? High Jetter, myglaren, Popsicle and 2 others 4 1
High Jetter Posted October 26, 2023 Posted October 26, 2023 2 hours ago, auntiemaryscanary said: Wife reading the news - "That Rishi Sunak is going on about the A1!" Me: "You mean that big road we are going home on tomorrow?" "No!" "Oh, AI - that computer intelligence thing..." Actually, he could be a beneficial recipient of AI 🤣 privatewire 1
MikeR Posted October 27, 2023 Posted October 27, 2023 As the weather gets colder we put a Tapa power socket on the caravan fridge , it lets me see if the fridge is working ok when the van is cold ... It seems the spare Tapo socket designated Harry has issues . Some strange surges / spikes on the measurements ..
RoverFolkUs Posted October 28, 2023 Posted October 28, 2023 On 26/10/2023 at 21:52, RoverFolkUs said: Well, that went down like a lead balloon... Asked the tester today if there was any news on what he was doing with it and apparently the owner went off in a strop about it, citing how "the MOT test is a big scam to see cars off the road with this ULEZ bollocks" Well, his 1.8 K series Rover 75 is ULEZ compliant, so I'm not sure what his point really is 🤣 And with rotten, holed suspension arms I don't think it's an unjustified fail on the testers part either.. Anyway, I won't hold my breath, you can't save them all. At least I can say I've tried, and if he comes to his senses and decides to think more rationally, the offer is on the table for a painless and perhaps less emotional disposal if someone else is going to try and save it. Can't say fairer than that? It's the wrong thread now, but it looks like a CoD has been issued on it already.. oh well
iainrcz Posted October 29, 2023 Posted October 29, 2023 Filled the car up at 1am, got a Ginsters peppered steak slice and a chocolate milkshake too. Oh fucking yes. privatewire 1
Spottedlaurel Posted October 29, 2023 Posted October 29, 2023 Popped into town on Friday PM, found good company for the Carina E in this bit of the car park: The Audi seems to get quite a bit of use, seen it several times this year (I think including the day we went to collect the Toyota). Just out of shot there was an S-reg Volvo V70, and as we walked out an L-reg Land Cruiser drove in. Later on as we sat in the solicitors sorting out wills (I know how to have a good time on a day off) I saw all sorts drive past, like an R-reg, base-spec Astra on steels, Omega and Lexus SC430. As an aside, Carina E is driving nicely now it's had a decent service with new plugs etc. No sign of the misfire and it's doing just the 'an car' job you'd hope/expect of a '90s Toyota. vulgalour, Semi-C, wuvvum and 13 others 16
wuvvum Posted October 29, 2023 Posted October 29, 2023 That's impressive. Rare these days to see that many prefix-reg cars in one place without it being deliberate. Tenmil Socket, Banger Kenny, Rust Collector and 3 others 6
hairnet Posted October 29, 2023 Posted October 29, 2023 And so it starts More crap than clothes 🤣 Remspoor 1
ETCHY Posted October 29, 2023 Posted October 29, 2023 Mikey the Robin. After thinking he was a she we now know she's a female after some dodgy "Robin action" I witnessed in the garden & then turning up with her babies to feed earlier in the year.. Still turns up nearly every day & has done for over a year. Likes Fruitcake, suet, cheese & absolutely loves dried mealworms.. & often gives us a song. Lovely gentle little creature. Datsuncog, Matty, DavieW and 15 others 18
hairnet Posted October 29, 2023 Posted October 29, 2023 jonny smith reviews XL1 (10 years late) hubnut 1 late brake 0 turned him off - and usually his non supercary barn findy stuff is interesting Remspoor and Banger Kenny 2
camryv6 Posted October 29, 2023 Posted October 29, 2023 On 26/10/2023 at 19:30, auntiemaryscanary said: Wife reading the news - "That Rishi Sunak is going on about the A1!" Me: "You mean that big road we are going home on tomorrow?" "No!" "Oh, AI - that computer intelligence thing..." I thought you meant the Audi A1
wuvvum Posted October 29, 2023 Posted October 29, 2023 3 hours ago, ETCHY said: Mikey the Robin. After thinking he was a she we now know she's a female after some dodgy "Robin action" I witnessed in the garden & then turning up with her babies to feed earlier in the year.. Still turns up nearly every day & has done for over a year. Likes Fruitcake, suet, cheese & absolutely loves dried mealworms.. & often gives us a song. Lovely gentle little creature. I like robins. Here's a friendly little chap I met in the Lake District last month. ETCHY, AnnoyingPentium, DSdriver and 3 others 6
Metal Guru Posted October 30, 2023 Posted October 30, 2023 5 hours ago, wuvvum said: I like robins. Here's a friendly little chap I met in the Lake District last month. The robins in my garden are quite aggressive little things. fairkens and DSdriver 1 1
TataBobu Posted October 30, 2023 Posted October 30, 2023 On 24/10/2023 at 10:21, Rustybullethole said: Am not sure how this wheel achieved this level of patina or indeed why but i kinda like it. It holds air better than the red one on the other side too. Sat face down for ages in a flooded spare wheel well? Or hanged under the car?
Rustybullethole Posted October 30, 2023 Posted October 30, 2023 26 minutes ago, TataBobu said: Sat face down for ages in a flooded spare wheel well? Or hanged under the car? Defo sat in some water near some steel. Been painted a fair few times too.
Vantman Posted October 30, 2023 Posted October 30, 2023 myglaren, auntiemaryscanary, Alan_Green and 8 others 4 7
jakebullet Posted October 30, 2023 Posted October 30, 2023 Went to the park yesterday, and the street is rammed with parking. Surely the church isn't that popular? No, but the competing church* next door is. Perhaps a slight mistake to put up a big banner that says "The contagious church"? Though maybe cults are contagious.
wuvvum Posted October 30, 2023 Posted October 30, 2023 That reads like AI-generated bollocks to me. mk2_craig 1
Coprolalia Posted October 30, 2023 Posted October 30, 2023 This has come to live on my road. It is unbelievably shonky. I need to get a picture of the old tin can sat underneath the boot/ back axle, acting as a catch can for... Fuel? CGSB, privatewire, louiepj and 12 others 15
Saabnut Posted October 30, 2023 Posted October 30, 2023 2 hours ago, gm said: not entirely sure this is true That site only publishes almost believable bollox to get a rise out of the know it alls!
Bren Posted October 31, 2023 Posted October 31, 2023 I have started watching " Filthy Rich and Catflap" on DVD - I hadn't seen it since it was originally aired. Nigel Planer does a really good job with his character - seedy and extremely unpleasant. privatewire, Yoss, beko1987 and 1 other 4
Supernaut Posted October 31, 2023 Posted October 31, 2023 The little things. A nice wintery sunrise today, and these three idiots got let onto a (very small) new bit of grass. Wouldn't even raise their heads to look, they were so busy eating. Yes the grey Highland is wearing a muzzle. Due to her being like every grey Highland we've ever owned by being prone to laminitis. TADTS. richardmorris, Saabnut, Remspoor and 10 others 13
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now