The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

2 hours ago, Rustybullethole said:

It’s pissing down and need a tyre change plus other last minute bits too as away early doors. Lucky my neighbours love me as it’s many flights of stairs to our landing which makes it hard work to get a little dirt bike up let alone this heavy bugger.

F90271E4-008A-4814-BC9F-38DCD8113299.thumb.jpeg.f047f77ffa083421b4f2114168ddbd1f.jpeg

Has someone pissed at the bottom of the stairs?

8 hours ago, Dick Longbridge said:

Has someone pissed at the bottom of the stairs?

That’ll be the leaking flat roof though also could be piss mixed in you get used to holding your breath. I think that’s why the council leave the caution slippy floor signs out as it sure ain’t because they mop it.

627A91A6-B16E-481D-A888-7D478B6D7C2F.thumb.jpeg.42886af1a69f243e41498d2001361a31.jpeg

Done. Best pack my camping gear. Can’t wait.

Well that went well. When you think about putting your goggles on cos the rain stings a bit do it is my advice this morning.

EC247F37-20A6-4AC9-97D8-0C564633254D.thumb.jpeg.d968917c7f65c1a34ab50c5f31acd0cd.jpeg

7F3B5AC7-8F11-4C6E-981B-F1079BC8724C.thumb.jpeg.481ae6455c6350cd4c62ede8c5dc2b6a.jpeg

Took a something to the eye at motorway speed carried on and met the boys and laughed lots before coming to the conclusion that for me the war is over.

Edited by Rustybullethole
Spellings again in my defence vision ain’t the best

On 3/17/2023 at 7:15 PM, High Jetter said:

FAO Sussex/Kent shiters - the Pevensey Bay 'Vehicles of Yesteryear' is on April 1st (no, not a joke) 10am - 3pm. It's quite a small affair, I think 50-100 entries, but very friendly. It would be good to meet up with any from here who pop down.

Whilst not a joke this was cancelled yesterday due to the site being flooded and more rain forecast for today. Got down there at around 12 (busy morning, didn't think to check first) and just a few puddles remained. Found a great cafe nearby instead though.

On 3/22/2023 at 10:02 AM, wesacosa said:

Spent a long but interesting day off work yesterday driving from London to Lincolnshire to view a couple of Skoda Estelles.  Both requiring levels of recommissioning.  A really nice looking beige one but it was a lot of money and a straight and solid red one but with pretty weathered paint.  As of yet neither purchased

Screenshot_20230322_100159_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230322_100022_Chrome.jpg

_41057611_smoke203 (1).jpg

Well damn it, my new clicky thing for the Volvo hasn't made the reminder work. I have the suspicion the seatbelt buckle is a tad worn out, because, if I wiggle the buckle, the reminder occasionally works.

12 minutes ago, wesacosa said:

had a quick scan through today's results for ACA.  On the surface seemed to be a few bargains

That Ital estate looked a decent buy for 1500 quid.  I was tempted but I consider the £500 deposit to get a bidder number to be a pisstake, given that it used to be a fiver, so I didn't get one.

7 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

That Ital estate looked a decent buy for 1500 quid.  I was tempted but I consider the £500 deposit to get a bidder number to be a pisstake, given that it used to be a fiver, so I didn't get one.

Is the deposit a refundable one if you don't buy anything?

10 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

Light15 seems good value ( @Three Speed?) but I see the lomax didn’t go. X1/9 could be a bargain at the mileage if there’s no rust and it just needs mechanicals

1 hour ago, Fumbler said:

Well damn it, my new clicky thing for the Volvo hasn't made the reminder work. I have the suspicion the seatbelt buckle is a tad worn out, because, if I wiggle the buckle, the reminder occasionally works.

Can you unplug the wiring to the switch in the buckle? On all the cars I’ve had so far an open circuit turns the warning off, so if it’s playing up then I’d just disconnect it.

That said, I normally disconnect it anyway as self belt reminders are bloody annoying!

1 minute ago, Rust Collector said:

Can you unplug the wiring to the switch in the buckle? On all the cars I’ve had so far an open circuit turns the warning off, so if it’s playing up then I’d just disconnect it.

That said, I normally disconnect it anyway as self belt reminders are bloody annoying!

Yes, probably. I rather like the Volvo reminder (It's the only car I've ever owned with one!) and I'm trying to get it to work again. I think the switch in the buckle is so worn the contacts aren't doing their thing anymore.

1 hour ago, richardmorris said:

Light15 seems good value ( @Three Speed?) but I see the lomax didn’t go. X1/9 could be a bargain at the mileage if there’s no rust and it just needs mechanicals

Yes - assuming it’s got a floor that Light 15 does look to be a good buy for someone. The video shows it runs well enough. The seats looked like they could be repaired.

Productive week this week . Panda now seems ok after the dizzy cap based FTP last weekend and the dash illumination is back after fiddling with the bulb holders.

Favorit taxed and MOTd for first time since October 2021 and driven for first time since July 2021. Its been treated to new engine mounts, water pump, rack gaiters, track rod ends, front and rear dampers, rear shoes and cylinders and rear wheel bearings since I last drove it.   Not sure if its to do with being left or since I removed tow bar but there's now an annoying fault where sometimes when I turn headlight or reverse lights on the dashboard warning lights for foglight and heated rear window come on. assume there a dodgy earth somewhere 

45 minutes ago, wesacosa said:

Productive week this week . Panda now seems ok after the dizzy cap based FTP last weekend and the dash illumination is back after fiddling with the bulb holders.

Favorit taxed and MOTd for first time since October 2021 and driven for first time since July 2021. Its been treated to new engine mounts, water pump, rack gaiters, track rod ends, front and rear dampers, rear shoes and cylinders and rear wheel bearings since I last drove it.   Not sure if its to do with being left or since I removed tow bar but there's now an annoying fault where sometimes when I turn headlight or reverse lights on the dashboard warning lights for foglight and heated rear window come on. assume there a dodgy earth somewhere 

As all the things you mention have their own relays on the fuse board thing under the glove box I would suggest moisture/dirt/corrosion there. Take all the relays out and clean up the board as best you can would be my first plan. 

Just now, Yoss said:

As all the things you mention have their own relays on the fuse board thing under the glove box I would suggest moisture/dirt/corrosion there. Take all the relays out and clean up the board as best you can would be my first plan. 

Cheers. I have had issues in the past with the dash illumination and drivers headlight going out which is fixed with a quick thump of the fusebox so definitely something going on there !