The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

I've had a mouse living in my Berlingo for a few months.  I noticed because anything edible left inside would disappear. And a few weeks ago two Jack Russell terriers at a customer's house were very interested in the front bumper of the van. However, yesterday he went too far and shredded some diesel receipts. So action was taken.IMG_20211216_223152.thumb.jpg.1ae4ea96b276fdddda83262b992e7fdd.jpg

RIP, mouse. A lesson in the dangers of going too far.

I have never shared this with anyone but one of my strangest car cravings has now come to life again. And it is to own a real Norwegian taxi from the 30s to the 50s. Why I do not know and they are not easy to find as few survived but I really want one. Should I get help?

Screenshot 2021-12-11 23.34.59.png

28 minutes ago, Dyslexic Viking said:

I have never shared this with anyone but one of my strangest car cravings has now come to life again. And it is to own a real Norwegian taxi from the 30s to the 50s. Why I do not know and they are not easy to find as few survived but I really want one. Should I get help?

Screenshot 2021-12-11 23.34.59.png

You're here, aren't you?  Yes, of course you should! 😁

It's coming to light that we're starting to struggle with the C2 as our only car. We don't need 2 cars but we need something a little more practical in which we can transport 4 adults if we stay as a 1-car household - now my sis-in-law is widowed and has had her license medically revoked, and FIL looking at giving up driving in the next year or so we're gonna need something a bit bigger. Got some time for the moment to look out but if something suitable is up for roffle I'll have a couple of tickets.

30 minutes ago, Split_Pin said:

I shake my fist at you, with your decadent upgraded head unit.

Don't shake too hard, it has the aux connection but doesn't have the aux option on the system 😂 tech2 needed for me to enable it.

Anyway, it drives really really nice. Delighted with it. 256 miles to go. 

Pez shot 

20211218_135330.jpg

1 hour ago, captain_70s said:

268345780_10228511527152388_7168606374129372491_n.thumb.jpg.72063de9928b9b6b2a3f426deee7fda2.jpg

Winter, less sparkly snow, more freezing fog.

I agree, great picture. 

I think an AS calendar is a great idea. @Talbot is there any way that producing say 100 calendars and selling at £10 a pop might finance the hosting costs for a while? 

Could do a vote to decide on calendar pics, best 12 get in. Then close voting in September and get the usual scumbags (online photo print places) to run 100 off. Sell between Sept-Dec then elope to Barbados put the money safe for next year. 

Probably got my figures wrong but you get the idea. Something nice* sells for profit but it goes back into the AS fold to ultimately ensure more crap cars have their lives prolonged. 

Ditto T shirts and car stickers. And mugs.