The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

On 12/17/2019 at 6:50 AM, paulplom said:

Hahahaha Just noticed on the volvo pic. My van doesn't turn the lights off after locking it for a minute or so. They are shining straight into bin woman's bedroom window. She'll wonder what he fuck I'm doing at 6am, and she'll think I'm doing it on purpose. Taking pics for the dash at night thread won't really cut it ?

11 hours ago, paulplom said:

Lotus elan! Have you won the lottery?

Sadly not, Mr New POD is quite correct, I think the Lotus tide mark paint suits it. This is the totally unnecessary Chrysler replacement, place bets on how long it will take before I remember that I'm not really up to getting in and out of an MX5 and that it's the depths of winter.

13 hours ago, anonymous user said:

Sadly not, Mr New POD is quite correct, I think the Lotus tide mark paint suits it. This is the totally unnecessary Chrysler replacement, place bets on how long it will take before I remember that I'm not really up to getting in and out of an MX5 and that it's the depths of winter.

Top down, scarf, gloves and bobble hat, and heater on, and you'll be toasty warm.

The heaters are good to minus 10 

IMG_20191219_160304.thumb.jpg.a33d6da593aa4eaccee0ea07331eb78c.jpg

Whoops. Ignore the squint numberplate and it's actually quite tidy. The clutch is a bit harsh in first and second so I think the release bearing is beginning to go. Otherwise it seems okay, drives nice and is reasonably progressive if pushed. The previous owner made a big deal about how quick it is but I've driven far faster, it's only a 2.0 N/A ffs. 

No relevant history either, other than the new tyres from the look of it. It doesn't sound bad and doesn't creak or rattle so that's a plus. 

10 hours ago, New POD said:

Top down, scarf, gloves and bobble hat, and heater on, and you'll be toasty warm.

The heaters are good to minus 10 

I'm used to open top cars, but have been lacking one for a while. If it's not tipping it down the roof is off. I do have the memory of being laughed at because I was sat in the queue, at the Severn Bridge, in a hailstorm with no roof on my Lotus 7. At least the MX5 roof can be put up quickly when necessary. It's now on my insurance but probably not collecting it until the New Year.

5 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

My mum and stepdad have sold their house (probably pending loads of shit) and have put an offer in on one just up the road from @Six-cylinder in Winslow! Which is nice and local, nicer than Ledbury which was the other plan

Do they have a spare garage!

1 hour ago, richardmorris said:

Back of the 2cv will be fine.

Thinking I might fit 3 point seatbelts to it though. 

1 hour ago, High Jetter said:

Um...Congratulations? (not sure if this is old, or even fake, news)

Neither old nor fake news! Not announced to anyone other than family and close friends until now! Not social media announced, but it’s definitely happening. We had a scan and everything! 

12 hours ago, anonymous user said:

I'm used to open top cars, but have been lacking one for a while. If it's not tipping it down the roof is off. I do have the memory of being laughed at because I was sat in the queue, at the Severn Bridge, in a hailstorm with no roof on my Lotus 7. At least the MX5 roof can be put up quickly when necessary. It's now on my insurance but probably not collecting it until the New Year.

You can do it from the drivers seat if you have a strong left arm and are flexible enough.

1 minute ago, paulplom said:

You can do it from the drivers seat if you have a strong left arm and are flexible enough.

We are talking about putting the roof up on an MX5? It is very easy. Less than 20 seconds I reckon. 

I've put the roof up whilst in a traffic jam on the motorway.  Wife won't put the roof down if we are heading for a motorway or into Liverpool, but i put it down unless it's raining.  

Wife is so weak that she won't put it down unless I'm with her.