The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

I just got a refund for the dash kit that never arrived. For once I am glad I paid with Paypal. Worked out why they didn't send it though: they put the price up by £20 a couple of days after I bought it. If they wanted more dough they should have said. ANyway, I now have a hundred quid sat in Paypal.... what to buy?

They did!  The bay window was a bit of a ballache to install due to some issues with the structure of the bay but it's all sealed up now.  They'll be back tomorrow to do the final details and to install the kitchen window, evicting all those woodlice that haven't been paying their share of the rent.

25 minutes ago, vulgalour said:

They did!  The bay window was a bit of a ballache to install due to some issues with the structure of the bay but it's all sealed up now.  They'll be back tomorrow to do the final details and to install the kitchen window, evicting all those woodlice that haven't been paying their share of the rent.

You have problems with woodlice not paying rent? I have to say I've found them to be very good tenants. Pigeons on the other hand are terrible tenants in my experience, making a mess everywhere and refusing to pay any rent ?

im having  drinks and nibbles with Timmy mallet tomorrow. Not sure if grin or grump - free alcohol and nibbles though so on the whole ++++

i stopped at the bike shop on the way home to reserve a seat for next month’s adventurer talk ( north and south poles etc), James asked if I was busy tomorrow and free drink, nibbles, etc. Free drink, free drink, free drink.

anyway, I am now going to see Timmy mallet and maybe buy a painting.

C4BAD1BE-6023-4A3E-8589-993BF609663E.png

EE4B0C88-C4A7-4FC9-86A1-31A7A697C7D4.png

512D7F44-92AA-41C8-86EE-0AE564051641.png

After a desperate search around half of Europe, I managed to find a replacement coolant hose section for the CX yesterday. As it was half-price, I wasn't leaving that unclaimed so that should now be in the post.

This morning, Monsieur Loizou calls. He and one of the other mécaniciens had been experimenting with coolant hose sections from other cars in the meantime. They have made the discovery that a hose from the Citroen Blingo is nearly the right shape and, with a bit of trimming, fits well and makes the system watertight. I think we'll be making that info available to other CX lickers, probably resulting in Blingo coolant hoses becoming unavailable.

5 hours ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

...probably resulting in Blingo coolant hoses becoming unavailable.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..........!!!!!!!!!!

In other Blingo news, all of the electric seems to have escaped.  I have bought a power pack and will "charge to 200!" tomorrow, if it stops raining.

13 hours ago, barefoot said:

I should imbibe excessive quantities of the free pop & repeatedly smack the fucker over his head with a real Mallet.

I’m just back, hic. Lots of wine and lovely nibbles- blini,  samosas, sausages on sticks, etc. 

He was very pleasant and remembered everyone’s name and knew details about north wales. There were a dozen of us I think and he had paintings set up around the shop and took people round explaining details. His wife was a hoot, Australian presumably, though I could be off by NZ. Had a long talk with her - including what she thought of Rolf Harris and dropping certain contacts instantly.  She also remembered names and I liked her a lot.

i did like one of his paintings in particular and was tempted to ask the price, but didn’t in the end. I expect it was more in the thousands than the hundreds I’d have paid. He has a book out in January folks, so watch out. 

Still wearing bright glasses and shirts.

So today I'm going to be bidding on something in South East London SE6 3DW, it ends at 2:15pm today. 

If I win I'll be heading south on this train, staying somewhere in order to collect it tomorrow morning:

Screenshot_20191123-114326.thumb.png.4107fc6eb1a40c8a5a6be8cffef9773a.png

Any suggestions on somewhere cheap to stay between Kings Cross and the above postcode? That I'll be able to reach at night by public transport? 

Alternatively if some kind London area shiter fancies picking it up and a very comfy trip north to Stevenage or Peterborough for a rendezvous, I'd be happy to furnish with return fare and some sheckles for the inconvenience.