The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

Another weekend, another shit diesel Hyundai. 

DSC_0698.thumb.JPG.75cc05d22550e6f1e29a115f81914b30.JPG

I actually meant to buy this one though.  It's going to take over daily duties from the 75 over the winter.  It's rough as a badger's arse, the clutch is tired, 4th gear synchro is MIA and it has a selection of ABS / traction control related lights on the dash, but it goes, it's decent on fuel, the heater works and my pushbike fits in the back so it meets the Wuvvum WBOD criteria.  

This one also has wood* as well as leather*, for the full luxury* experience.  And it was dirt cheap, and only in Downham Market rather than bastarding Congleton like the Sonata was. 

10 hours ago, richardmorris said:

Plenty of hoses for those with a spare kidney or child to sell.

http://www.cx-basis.de/catalogsearch/result/?q=Hose

Clicked on the link out of curiosity even though I'm never likely to own a CX (I just covet them from afar) 

Google translate came up with this. 

Screenshot_20191116_231814_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.dd19b92558284fb6adfd59d24e33dd8f.jpg

Well, I thought it was funny. 

13 minutes ago, Yoss said:

Clicked on the link out of curiosity even though I'm never likely to own a CX (I just covet them from afar) 

Google translate came up with this. 

Screenshot_20191116_231814_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.dd19b92558284fb6adfd59d24e33dd8f.jpg

Well, I thought it was funny. 

The site does have an English option, so Google translate not needed. All it does is make potential bankruptcy easier to understand.

Still, it could be worse. I could have a Triumph and be a Rimmers customer......

Smoll FL's C3 has konked out tonight and come up with P0204 and P1336 codes, looks like and injector might have gone down but also looks like the top left engine mount may also have given out, got it running again but no power, also making a nasty squeeling noise from the bell housing area.

Anyone know if injector is likely cause on a TU3 1.4 8v before I get one ordered up..

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Another weekend, another shit diesel Hyundai. 
DSC_0698.thumb.JPG.75cc05d22550e6f1e29a115f81914b30.JPG
I actually meant to buy this one though.  It's going to take over daily duties from the 75 over the winter.  It's rough as a badger's arse, the clutch is tired, 4th gear synchro is MIA and it has a selection of ABS / traction control related lights on the dash, but it goes, it's decent on fuel, the heater works and my pushbike fits in the back so it meets the Wuvvum WBOD criteria.  
This one also has wood* as well as leather*, for the full luxury* experience.  And it was dirt cheap, and only in Downham Market rather than bastarding Congleton like the Sonata was. 
I take it this isn't a 3 pot.

Popped up to Blackpool for this

8C40A303-0C87-480D-8A99-08349ED38810.jpeg.5a7e6f2a313d0f3d79b5d028d2828cac.jpeg

43C5C089-064D-4948-B24C-68E6B81081F9.jpeg.2b4645dcf9a401c5d89e3f292068e82a.jpeg

2800254C-C250-48F5-A8B7-50CE9734659B.jpeg.156a88efbc183320b56d6470a8bc42e1.jpeg

‘Vendor’ offering it free- to a good home, with no other takers! He was going to scrap it! 
As we run a fleet of 4 Espero’s, thru Europe,  inc a UK red one, this seemed too good an option to pass up(& he was recompensed with expensive matured alcohol!) 

Hadn’t moved from his barn storage for 3 yrs, but a bit of air in the tyres and a battery charge saw it running nicely, albeit with a strange alternator groan - that he was convinced wasn’t there previously.

Drove  300 miles south without issue, actually quite a nice car, although currently slower, as a 2 litre, than our red 1800 - but I guess that’ll change. Feels congested, a good blast once legalized should clear it.

It does have a little grot, , but we’re minded to sort - as long as the rest of the sheet is fairly clean, Thursday. 

so, 2 red ( both manual ), a green auto @ 2 blue ( 1 of each)  Is a fair old collection of Esperos! Esperanto, maybe?

12 hours ago, Bren said:

Forces TV has been re running Miami Vice.

It has aged better than a lot of stuff from the 80's

Just watched episode 6 - it had the brilliant track "voices" by Russ Ballard.

When this came out mid 80s me and my friends were around 20. All bought white jackets but I looked more like Don Estelle than Don Johnson. Cracking series and credited with revitalising Miami.

It begins!  I'm finally starting the head replacement job on the Princess.  So far, I've removed the oil drain plug and haven't got oil down my sleeve or all over the floor.  Promising start, or lulling me into a false sense of security?  Find out later when I inevitably kick the oil pan across the drive and fill my boots.

Replaced gearbox oil in the pisshat. The fresh stuff was clear - unlike the stuff that came out - like drinking chocolate. There was some metal particles but not much - less than what I expected on a 15 year old 140 k car.

Fairly straightforward - putting the undertray back on was the biggest ballache.

Well.. that could have gone worse.  It's not done, I had to stop because I ran out of light to see what I'm doing, but everything is ready to go back together tomorrow.  Could've done without the temperature sender shearing the head off when I waved a spanner at it, but other than that, not horrendous.  Full update over in the thread in a bit.

The Mercedes paint shop I’ve used for a few years has just put this up for sale on their Facebook page. It’s hideous and magnificent at the same time. I’m also fed up with the Mercedes’ swimming pool imitation at the moment. It’s got me looking at others and likely garage bills.  Common sense will kick in tomorrow when I’m sober I expect.

4CEC60A6-CE97-45DF-933D-18C15BECDBB5.jpeg