The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

Thanks, seems to be the driver one which is giving me the most issues. Will give it a go tomorrow, should have some isopropyl around for cleaning CPU's.

Make sure the blades are flip flopping correctly when the arms change direction . As mentioned before twist the arms to make sure they are doing this

Interesting situation with this..

Brake disk has fractured and failed. Locked the wheel up.

Rear disc is the bearing in hub type, and the wheel mounts to the disc..

RAC man concerned that if the disk fails further then the wheel comes off.

Issue is according to his system, he was not allowed to tow from the rear.

Truck is 30mins away.

post-17572-0-05974100-1519590631_thumb.jpg

It's now snowing outside.  At the moment it's light powdery stuff which isn't heavy enough to lay properly and is just being blown around by the wind - let's hope it stays that way, if it gets heavier the commute to work in the morning could be fun*.  It's been years since we've had proper snow here so everyone will have forgotten what little they knew about driving in the snow, and it'll be the usual heady combination of old farts and timid housewives crawling along at 8mph on a dead straight road. and bellends in X5s and M-Classes doing 60 because they're too stupid to realise that having 4 wheel drive doesn't help you stop in the snow.

Got very little fettling done this weekend because too bloody cold, but I did manage to bodge together the broken driver's side door mirror on the Perodua (some cunt had karate kicked it off) with a combination of large quantities of superglue and big cable ties threaded through strategically drilled holes.  Ideally I would have liked to put a bolt through as well but due to the design that wasn't possible.  I've done 40 miles with it so far and it's not fallen off yet, so that's good.  It would have been easier to buy a replacement, but I couldn't find one on eBay at a sensible price, and a Daihatsu Sirion mirror isn't interchangeable despite being essentially the same car, as the Myvi has its side repeater in the mirror where the Sirion has it in the wing.  Unfortunately having to join the wires back together has meant that I've only been able to reconnect the side repeater, not the electric mirror adjustment, as there wasn't room for five sets of connectors behind the mirror assembly - I think I can live with having to adjust the mirror manually though.

Today started well :(

Had a message about 20 minutes ago, I'm very sorry to say that Hendry of this parish took his own life yesterday evening at the age of 30.

Some of his more recent struggles were documented on here, none of which were good - I can only hope he is now at peace.

I did have the pleasure of meeting him a few times and a nicer bloke you could not hope to meet.

All of you - it is never as bad as you think. PLEASE talk to someone if you're having a time of it, it will help.

R.I.P. Greg.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I’m currently in the Pacific North West of the USA (Washing/Oregon), of all the things to see, some old French shite was not on the list...attachicon.gifC85F8D5A-0ACF-4085-949D-EF33D4D7CD30.jpeg

Dem federalised headlamps...

I actually ended up turning the hire car round and driving past again so he could get some good shots of it!

Talking of hire cars, this is what we're rolling in. A Chevrolet Bland, I mean Malibu. I'm fairly certain it's a new-shape Insignia in a dress. The engine even says Ecotec on it!

post-19977-0-09373400-1519610822_thumb.jpg

This is all very sad eh?

As much as he had a bit of a ribbing on here initially, it was clear to anyone that his passion for cars and their details was immense. I’ve never seen anyone become so animated and come so alive on the subject of side repeaters being moved to door mirrors or the differences between Mk4 and Mk4B Mondeos - and this place was richer for it. He took time to make considered posts and I will, genuinely, miss having to take 5 swipes of my phone just to read one comment on Insignia trim levels.

Condolences and thoughts with everyone involved; from family to friends and those who were there at the end. There are no winners here.

To anyone who is struggling mentally, I would say something different. It’s ok to visit for the day, but never indulge yourself in a longer stay. If this means nothing, then lucky you. If it rings bells - message me.

In the fullness of time, it’d be nice to see Hendry’s name permanently adorning its own thread here.

Peace out.

Being new I've not come across the chap's posts, but bugger :(

One reason I'm always cheerful and approachable with folks, you never know what they're going through.

If I can cheer someone up with my stupid ADHD shit then it's all good.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk