Colt Collection

RobT

For once I'm going to attempt a live-ish collection thread, let's see how this goes.

Up at the crack and I'm now sat on a proper train waiting for the off, next stop Newbury. Services from Paddington are badly disrupted apparently, but this one seems OK. GWR free wifi too, hence why I'm able to do this on my tablet!

post-5013-0-59897700-1466235314_thumb.jpg

Reading matter and refreshments. I couldn't find dollywobbler's latest Japfest mag, otherwise I'd have bought that.

post-5013-0-99052300-1466235482_thumb.jpg

Currently at Chievely services taking a piss break. I tried to recreate Nyphur's Maximum Wantage pic seeing as I'm nearby, but couldn't stop in a safe place so left it.

The Colt drives lovely, and nice to meet another pleasant shiter!

Next stop Southend as the plan is to pop in and see Dicky and the Sierra base. I'll try and offer help but not sure how much use I'll be...

Pez shot

post-5013-0-50222800-1466244449_thumb.jpg

Back home 210 miles later after a slight diversion to Southend. I still feel reasonably fresh despite the mega early start, so it's a comfortable little car, albeit worringly invisible to other motorists. Four near misses today with people cutting me up and so on.

I now have two maroon heaps.

post-5013-0-65832300-1466276317_thumb.jpg

Guest Hooli

I had an old W reg Colt 1250 years ago, it was quite a nice car & took a long time to die under the abuse a 18-19ish year old knob gave it.

From what I've read on railforums.co.uk the derailment is an intentional safety device triggered by passing the signal, to push the train out of the path of anything else that might be on the line. The train was an empty stock move with just crew on board, and was coming out of a siding. The overhead gantry was unfortunate collateral.

Guest Hooli

I don't want to be rude, but how old are you?

39. So it was about 1995 I had the thing, was a Colt Mirage if memory serves.