Jump to content

Dumped cars in your area


Recommended Posts

Posted
3 minutes ago, Dick Cheeseburger said:

Seems a waste. It only came over in 2016 and it was as clean as a pin on the old mot history.

Really low mileage too if it’s genuine 

Definitely a shame 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Posted

In a Nottingham city council car park 

IMG_20260718_184420538_HDR.jpg.d66b4cbf533d6c515edf2b966c8f9a16.jpgIMG_20260718_184409885_HDR.jpg.e36a71347f219a2cc4225b102b44d61e.jpg

Apart from it being v dusty and the 2 rear flats it didn't look too bad but I guess they can go wrong in expensive and imaginative ways.

 

  • Like 2
Posted

These two appear dumped outside a small garage beside where I work, you can see the garage sign above the roof of the RR

 

RR Esplanade.jpg

Fezza Esplanade.jpg

 

Some of you might remember I posted pics of the white LDV in the Sherpa thread; the LDV is gone but there's something hidden in the undergrowth behind where the LDV was, not sure what it is. 70s Toyota or early Audi 80 maybe?

LDV Ferryhill 1.png

LDV Ferryhill 2.png

Behind LDV 2.jpg

Behind LDV 1.jpg

  • Like 2
Posted

It's a 4 Dr ( didn't think you could get MK1 4 Dr polo).

Posted

Triumph Acclaim / Honda Bellend ?

Skoda Estelle ?

Vauxhall Disastra MK1 ?

Talbot Horizon ?

 

 

Posted

The steel wheel design sans chrome hub cap, rear door window line and front wing character lines still look 80 B1 to me.

  • Agree 2
Posted
6 minutes ago, chaseracer said:

Ford Orion?

Or a Mk 2 Escort?

Posted
3 hours ago, sheffcortinacentre said:

It's a 4 Dr ( didn't think you could get MK1 4 Dr polo).

Strictly speaking you couldn't, but you could get a VW Derby, which was effectively a four door two door Polo.

  • Agree 1
Posted
7 minutes ago, adw1977 said:

Strictly speaking you couldn't, but you could get a VW Derby, which was effectively a four door Polo.

Or was it a 4 Dr Golf?

Posted
6 minutes ago, High Jetter said:

Or was it a 4 Dr Golf?

Definitely Polo, although I've just realised it only had 2 doors!

Jan 1980 brochure

(Jetta was the Golf-based saloon)

  • Like 2
Posted

Definitely need more pics of that one

  • Like 1
Posted
10 hours ago, MantaGTE85 said:

The steel wheel design sans chrome hub cap, rear door window line and front wing character lines still look 80 B1 to me.

Agreed. I'm thinking Audi 80, would also explain why most of it has dissolved...

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Posted
23 minutes ago, captain_70s said:

Agreed. I'm thinking Audi 80, would also explain why most of it has dissolved...

I was thinking Skoda Estelle, but having  compared it to picture of one it obviously isn't. But looking at a mk1 80 all the bits seem to match up - I think you and Manta are right. 

Posted
2 hours ago, leakingstrut said:

 But looking at a mk1 80 all the bits seem to match up - I think you and Manta are right. 

In fairness, that is what the OP @Steviemillar suggested.

  • Like 2
Posted
On 19/05/2026 at 22:24, Crankshaft said:

 

In the early 80s my Dad worked with the owner of this Capri, when it was still his daily driver. Words from 2022 local paper article:

The grandson of a man who owned a 'Swindon landmark' has finally revealed why his grandad left his iconic car on his driveway for over 30 years.  The Ford Capri in Old Town gained fame among locals who often wondered why it was left untouched for decades. 

And the car caused another stir over the weekend after it was removed from the Deacon Street driveway it sat on for 32 years.  Jordan Davis was surprised by the high interest in his grandad's story and decided to put the many rumours to bed.

Noel Jones, who was well-known in Swindon, died earlier this year. He bought the Capri in 1972 and travelled in style for 18 years until he was forced to stop driving because of a slipped disc.  "He paid more for the car than he did his own house and he got it brand new out of a show room," Jordan said.  "It was his pride and joy and he didn’t want to get rid of it.  "The reason it was left for wear and tear for such a long time was for a completely different reason than what everyone thinks. "It was not because of the various amount of stories people have come up with like it was his son's or it had history to do with his wife.”

"The main reason was because he didn’t want anyone reversing on his drive because there’s no parking in the town centre - as funny as it sounds! It was literally that simple."
He loved to travel and drove his MK1 Capri around Europe.

IMG_3120.jpeg

IMG_1593.jpeg

IMG_3121.jpeg

Scrapped?!

Posted

These two were at our local yesterday. The Corsa looks half drivable! 
 

It happened on the same day as an arson attack on a Ex Catholic Church now home conversion  around the corner. Connected? 

b500f8cc-89cb-4cad-959d-eb13d977022a.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

A few months ago, I took a drive around near to where my Jag had been welded as I had a few hours spare. I saw this Clio which was parked opposite a garage.

20260615_113521.jpg.36315ff3780c83cfe1268f2de28bd2ba.jpg

20260615_113515.jpg.f88a0ba8761f869f12b3af65d559568b.jpg

A couple of weeks back, this Transit appears to have broken down on a fast and twisty A-road,  it was there for a few days. The Transit itself was very clean, even the bumpers were quite shiny. Its now gone.

20260730_060552.jpg.99e6f8270fb3216fddd10008c737f03b.jpg

  • Like 1
Posted
10 hours ago, bunglebus said:

Hiding behind a garden centre 

PXL_20260803_155915989.jpg

take ur pick with these engines...

Posted
4 hours ago, Lord Sterling said:

A few months ago, I took a drive around near to where my Jag had been welded as I had a few hours spare. I saw this Clio which was parked opposite a garage.

20260615_113521.jpg.36315ff3780c83cfe1268f2de28bd2ba.jpg

20260615_113515.jpg.f88a0ba8761f869f12b3af65d559568b.jpg

A couple of weeks back, this Transit appears to have broken down on a fast and twisty A-road,  it was there for a few days. The Transit itself was very clean, even the bumpers were quite shiny. Its now gone.

20260730_060552.jpg.99e6f8270fb3216fddd10008c737f03b.jpg

Caravan recovery group will have sorted that, 

Posted

A very new Hyundai in a council car park in Leominster: IMG_0725.jpeg.e933e8b694e67e19df80e47d007ad512.jpegIMG_0723.jpeg.6a6ddca34e8a1d37fa2cedd7ad0e4ab3.jpeg

I suspect it may be a case of deceased owner as it seems far too new to abandon, even if something expensive like the engine or gearbox has shat itself (and don’t these have a transferable 7 year warranty?).

I initially thought it had been in an accident and had collected a pedestrian or cyclist but on closer inspection the screen damage looked to be vandalism. 

  • Like 3
Posted

This was in Tesco Cheltenham and had quite a dead look about it, but it had gone by the following week: IMG_0707.jpeg.58f9a0a97a6128ce60dc7084a10ebce5.jpegIMG_0706.jpeg.26c68949dd75a285c9a2993df2032d29.jpeg

Do these have air suspension or is it a rusty coil spring that’s called time? 

  • Like 2
Posted

Stopped at Townsend Garage, Yeovil. Loads of old shite sitting around 

PXL_20260807_161337521.jpg

PXL_20260807_161341861.jpg

PXL_20260807_161349335.jpg

PXL_20260807_161352766.jpg

PXL_20260807_161357367.jpg

PXL_20260807_161402849.jpg

PXL_20260807_161404887.jpg

PXL_20260807_161530566.jpg

PXL_20260807_161538189.jpg

PXL_20260807_161544691.jpg

PXL_20260807_161550405.jpg

PXL_20260807_161609570.jpg

PXL_20260807_161641735.jpg

PXL_20260807_161643048.jpg

Posted

Someone’s ditched this outside mine - right in the middle of a new housing estate. 

We’ve had travellers in the area but I think that’s coincidental - surely they’d weigh it in. I reckon someone locally owns it. 

Anyway. It’s ripe, which is a shame. I think these look ace. 

IMG_3281.jpeg

IMG_3282.jpeg

Posted
4 minutes ago, BorniteIdentity said:

Someone’s ditched this outside mine - right in the middle of a new housing estate. 

We’ve had travellers in the area but I think that’s coincidental - surely they’d weigh it in. I reckon someone locally owns it. 

Anyway. It’s ripe, which is a shame. I think these look ace. 

IMG_3281.jpeg

IMG_3282.jpeg

New V5c issued yesterday but no MOT for the last 2 and a half years. I'd assume the value would be way too high to leave it out to pasture. 

Posted

Not my pics, but it is local to me:

BBC News - Car dumped in Lagan needs to be 'addressed once and for all'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cn4nj8kl9nego

image.png.737369e962787f9f8de18f0cb325d679.png

Apparently this Mk3 Cortina has been in the river for over 40 years, but only becomes visible during dry periods when the water level falls.

image.png.f017e3d02d9c19fe4ad206d42b2ed806.png

With current levels of Ford Tax, I'm amazed someone hasn't fished it out before now to list on eBay.

image.png.abc0c6a8e7366a196464c41d1162aa94.png

There used to be a Mk1 Fiesta further downstream that was visible from the train, but that was removed during a whole heap of riverbank regeneration around 2010.

Posted

Seen on Sunday morning, dusty, soft tyres, windscreen insurance certificate expired earlier this year. Interesting use of pop tin INSIDE the tailpipe.

Obligatory @AnnoyingPentium tag 

IMG_6042.jpeg.e701e8a719b56c44b4d8ea54216c49c7.jpeg

IMG_6084.jpeg.06aba6910f7bf86458b2007af224111a.jpeg

  • Like 2
Posted

Been outside my mum's house in Woodchurch for a few weeks

IMG_5507.JPG.221195010950637a5e04cda706b1b150.JPG

IMG_5508.JPG.d73f6b75d1b705e6787309c7bd2fc84f.JPG

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...