Dateless number wanted- NOT platerape, classic desecration

NorfolkNWeigh

As I know of an old bike and since the plate may be transferable then what is the bare minimum to get an mot

It's a proper date less plate but the bike has no engine,

Back in the day a dodgy MOT certificate was a possibility for a few quid.... Not nowadays it seems. A good thing!

What about buying a dead 90's rotbox with an accidental 6 figure plate (like J12ABC) and transferring that? Hides the age - on a modern it looks like a private plate and only costs you the £80 fee. Just make sure the "donor" has been taxed within 5 years and still has a SORN in place.

Hence why my 09 plate Golf now carries H610UWR from a Volvo B10M coach

Update time.

I've found a plate,it was very cheap, like for nothing.

Well actually it was for nothing because I already own it ! About 10 years ago I had a company called CTU( yes,it was about the time 24 was big and no it had nothing to do with terrorists) and I bought a couple of CTU plates off the dvla, because I'm a dodgy fecker I got R5 CTU and M5 CTU and got plates made up with illegal fonts so they looked like RS and MS- my brother pointed out I should have got N5 CTU as its an anagram of people who mis-space number plates.

Anyway I left R5 on a Grand Espace years ago and M5 has been sitting on a Jag S-Type parked in a barn for about 4/5 years, I didn't put it on anything because I've had a couple 5 series BMWs and even I wouldn't put an M5 number on a dizzler 5er. But people on here suggesting dating but short plates reminded me and now the doovla have changed the rules I've just swapped it onto the Merc for £80 in about 90 seconds online.

Sorry for time wasting and if anyone wants a proper plate for a good price John K's your man.