Estate(s) of the nation - Gagging to get started on Volvo 265 GLE project 😀

Heidel_Kakao

You can certainly do better than that.. My Bluey estate can be had for less, has no rust & low miles, plus was 1 owner till 18 months ago & had a new clutch a couple of months back (which is an arse of a job).

Yes, its FWD instead of rear, but that means its better in snow & wet!  :mrgreen:

Is it actually for sale or just open to offers? What engine is it? I could be tempted as an interim car while I work on getting what I really want. Dollywobbler didn't seem that impressed with his Bluey though and I feel we have fairly similar tastes in cars.

Is it actually for sale or just open to offers? What engine is it? I could be tempted as an interim car while I work on getting what I really want. Dollywobbler didn't seem that impressed with his Bluey though and I feel we have fairly similar tastes in cars.

Its a 2.0 manual & is semi-up for sale for £1295, but I`m still improving it by repairing the OSR door & arch which were damaged, and once thats done I was going to change the belts & service it, then up the price to £1495 to reflect its then minty condition..

Someone did contact me a couple of days ago who had one, sold it, regretted it & wants mine now, but he`s supposed to be trying to arrange how to get to mine (N London) from Ipswich, I`ve no idea if/when that`ll happen.

Le door currently:

post-3844-0-90567800-1509046571_thumb.jpg

The Proton is a lot more fun to drive, but a Bluey feels somewhat more robust. Main thing that bothered me about my latest one was the lack of oomph. I've managed to correct that though. All it took was a 260bhp V8.

The Proton is a lot more fun to drive, but a Bluey feels somewhat more robust. Main thing that bothered me about my latest one was the lack of oomph. I've managed to correct that though. All it took was a 260bhp V8.

Mine doesnt have a lack of oomph, I`m quite impressed with with its combination of power AND economy, was quite happy cruising 3 up on the motorway at a ton (people actually fell asleep!).

Its a 2.0 manual & is semi-up for sale for £1295, but I`m still improving it by repairing the OSR door & arch which were damaged, and once thats done I was going to change the belts & service it, then up the price to £1495 to reflect its then minty condition..

Someone did contact me a couple of days ago who had one, sold it, regretted it & wants mine now, but he`s supposed to be trying to arrange how to get to mine (N London) from Ipswich, I`ve no idea if/when that`ll happen.

Le door currently:

Ok well file me under potentially interested, I'm not wanting to be a time waster though. If I were to buy it I would prefer it after the belts have been changed for maximum peace of mind so if it gets to that point and it's still for sale I will consider it then.

never owned much jap stuff over the years.......toyota starlet...erm... thats it!!!!! (unless you count a proton - well it WAS based on a jap )

much prefered home grown stuff..must be a sucker for punishment LOL
Oh and DW.. Ive owned 3 RR classics - 2 V8's at 8mpg round town (OUCH) and a gorgeous 300Tdi Auto Range Rover soft dash..all the toys, uprated intercooler and turbo, bigger injectors and pump 'tweaked' managed to light up all 4 tyres from standstill and surprised many Chavs..

• 2 weeks later...

Ok well file me under potentially interested, I'm not wanting to be a time waster though. If I were to buy it I would prefer it after the belts have been changed for maximum peace of mind so if it gets to that point and it's still for sale I will consider it then.

Just to let you know, someone called earlier & seems very interested, he always wanted a Bluebird estate (had a K10 Micra for years apparently). He`s only about 15 miles away & wants to see it over the weekend.

I did paint the door, but the colour match is way off (gutted), so I was going to do it again, I have told the bloke, but he's still interested as it is.

I haven't changed the timing belt yet, & funnily enough I ordered a water pump this morning as I thought "while I'm down there", plus I got a new thermostat a few months ago (not that it needs it, but I wanted to change it & the antifreeze anyway), so can do that while the coolants drained.

Anyway, long & the short of it is, someone seems very interested, & in the spirit of the Autoshite brotherhood, I thought I`d let you know!

One door in the wrong silver (the 5-wheel silver I used to seal it till I could work on it was a better match :-( ):

post-3844-0-83826200-1510338294_thumb.jpg

Rong amount of cylinders M8, if I were going to pop my yank cherry it would need to be a V8

s-l1600.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1973-oldsmobile-custom-cruiser-station-wagon-V8-mot-V5-surf-camper-/282694348497

I would rather have this personally.

I almost bought this very Oldsmobile custom cruiser at £4600 (almost half what it's up at now) earlier this year with an earlier vendor. Loved the electric tailgate that disappears into the floor.post-4673-0-84541900-1510339673_thumb.png

Et voila !!

Just to let you know, someone called earlier & seems very interested, he always wanted a Bluebird estate (had a K10 Micra for years apparently). He`s only about 15 miles away & wants to see it over the weekend.

I did paint the door, but the colour match is way off (gutted), so I was going to do it again, I have told the bloke, but he's still interested as it is.

I haven't changed the timing belt yet, & funnily enough I ordered a water pump this morning as I thought "while I'm down there", plus I got a new thermostat a few months ago (not that it needs it, but I wanted to change it & the antifreeze anyway), so can do that while the coolants drained.

Anyway, long & the short of it is, someone seems very interested, & in the spirit of the Autoshite brotherhood, I thought I`d let you know!

One door in the wrong silver (the 5-wheel silver I used to seal it till I could work on it was a better match :-( ):

No worries thanks for the update, sounds like it would be better off going to your potential buyer that really wants it rather than I who was just considering it a stop gap measure. GLWS!

My hunt continues but I still have a good few months to find the car I desire.

• 3 weeks later...

Well that was an exciting start to the day! After 450 fault free miles driving from Birmingham to and around Scotland on the morning of the return journey the XM has decided it's clutch no longer wants to be a clutch.

The pedal has gone rock solid and it won't disengage at all. I am glad I practiced driving without a clutch when I was younger and bored, thankfully it's virtually all motorway to get home and I have a big tourqey diesel so no worries about stalling at low speeds. Gretna services have been reached no problem so I should reach Brum in the afternoon as planned.

Yeah 2.5, it actually broke as I had it on the highest suspension setting while checking the fluid level so I don't know if that caused the problem or is related somehow. I don't want to fiddle with it at the moment in case it decides to not even engage any longer as I can drive around the problem to get me home.

Yo Heidel did you clock this diesel 910 wagon on the eBay thread a week or so back.... €1500, near Nantes.

1936a5dbf9cb686661517a2de4f4e0231b50a716

https://www.leboncoin.fr/voitures/1171923896.htm?ca=7_s

No I must have missed that somehow, thanks for pointing it out. It looks pretty solid and that there France is much nearer than bloody Scandinavia lol.....