West of Scotland Shitespots with cms206...

cms206

studebaker hawk - the Royale lives in Elderslie, so a local to this side of the river anyway :D

Lord Sterling - you most certainly can - I'll see if I can round up a better shot of it at some point...

Cheers for the comments as always guys! 8)

Very early Sierra, was this the earliest reg they came out on?

Yeah, my grandfather had a Cortina that they were discounting to make room for Sierra stock, that was on a Y plate - 1st August 1982 registered, they let him have it a couple of days early on the proviso he didn't drive it far!

(Update: Wikipedia states Sierra was launched on 21st September 82, making it a Y plate)

(Update 2: That particular one was registered 17th December 82 so only a few months into production.... naughtily though, it's SORN not taxed!)

• 2 weeks later...

More meandering...

My 'burg...

Posted Image

Mingebag ElCamino...

Posted Image

Rather lovely Sierra, which I've unfortunately not seen in a few months...

Posted Image

Another one which has recently disappeared...

Posted Image

Slushbox shite...

Posted Image

Ultimate wheelchair win...

Posted Image

Astra Belmont in non-faded bumper shocker...

Posted Image

Diesel Audi 80 executive 80s taxi beast...

Posted Image

Early Mondeo Ghia...

Posted Image

MTE with Rock Radio sticker for added win...

Posted Image

Is all for now, comments welcomed as usual!

Great spots there. Even though I normally hate Vauxhalls, I like your Cav. A mate had one exactly the same as yours for years. He bought it new and put about 150k of hard miles on it, and drove it until it was falling apart. Rarely let him down.

Midlands Brown / British Racing Brown Triumph! It doesn't get much better than that in terms of colours, does it?!

Early 'K' plate Mondeo. You don’t see too many of those any more and certainly not in that colour... Where’s the gaffa tape?! :lol:

That Astra Belmont is looking very smart. Not seen one that clean for a long time. A poor effort at trying to make poundland trims look like genuine Vauxhall ones though!

That Sierra Sapphire looks pretty much spotless. I’d happily plod around in that for years :) . Very happy to see it’s cared for. Unfortunately putting my anorak on again, it’s a Radient Red GLX with it’s original wheeltrims too. Not many of those left these days It should have Mirage grey velour interior too. I’d love to know where the spoiler come from - that isn't original, or it certainly isn't to the model. Other than the Cosworth, only the rare GLS should have it. I'll take the anorak back off again now...

• 4 weeks later...

Time for another update... not seen a lot recently 'cos I've been working lots... durr!!!

Anyway...

Fast Vauxhall Orion Shite

Posted Image

Scene stealer?

Posted Image

M-POWAH!

Posted Image

Terra-rist

Posted Image

MG-POWAH!

Posted Image

Ideal for really tiny adverts...

Posted Image

Sierra Diesel win...

Posted Image

... and finally a couple of elderly R8s still flying the flag...

Posted Image

Posted Image

• 1 month later...
Guest Tony Hayers

That MK1 Sierra belongs to someone on the Ford Sierra forum. It was for sale a few months ago but had no takers (circa £6-700)........Albert Ross/Stixy may be able to shed more light on the matter (As I don't go on there anymore)

• 2 weeks later...
Where was the subaru brat taken? I want it! ;)

I'm almost certain I'll get it wrong, but it was sitting behind an MOT centre (I think!) in Dalmellington... if I've got it wrong I'll report back further, but that was only taken on Sunday...

*checked, it was Dalmellington. If you're interested PM me and I'll tell ya the exact location... *

O.M.F.G. Not that I'm normally given to outbursts of teenage girl 1337spk ( :lol: )...but...that Rover...with original PRM sticker and plate... :shock: Even more so about those; my dad had 2 and they were rubbish.

Hang on...I know what your game is! That photo's 15 years old isn't it? :P

Great spots, bud. I wonder why it is that I'm not lucky enough to snap quality like that...

I was working on a farm when PRM went bust; the farmer was looking for a new brief to replace his B-reg Montego 1300 so went along to the auction of their stuff. He came home with nowt, but was tempted(not) by a Calibra for £6000...!!!

Must have been 1992.

I remember phoning their Vauxhall parts desk, while working for another Vauxhall dealer at the other end of the city. On the quest for a mythical Bedford CF ignition barrel (made of pure unobtanium, they were), I got the part number off the 'fiche and got phoning.

PRM: Hello

ME: Yeah, I need part number .... if you've got one

PRM: What's that?

ME: Ignition barrel for a CF

PRM: Is that one of ours?

ME: Yeah, Bedford CF

PRM: Naw mate, we only do Vauxhall

*click*

Honestly, I went thro' to Belmont in Edinburgh for parts before I even thought of phoning that bunch of clowns. Christ knows how they coped with Lada's notoriously Cyrillic parts system. :lol:

Well remember grubbing about for Cortina parts in there with my dad. A mate of mine used to grab some stuff from there (engines, gearboxes and 'luxury' items like the 4 headlamp setups for example), stick the parts in his van, and a complete Lada on a trailer to go up to Campbeltown (IIRC), and trade them for vodka with the Russian trawlermen. Lots of vodka - by the pallet believe it or not!

I think PRM went bust about '92 like you say: either the bottom falling out of the Lada market, excessive competition in the Vauxhall game, or they just plain fucked it up. The last option probly.

• 3 weeks later...
Another one which has recently disappeared...

4429312026_03d746cbfb_o.jpg

Don't see these often round here now. Funnily enough, we used to have a Jetta TX reg F134 KHS, what a motor that was! Some twirp had "de-badged it M7+1" by cutting the middle of the grille out (about 8" worth) and then transplanting in a new, plain 8" section instead. It also had one of those silly little visor type things that hangs down about 1/2" over the lights and grille, with the words JETTA in some fetchingly crap font at one side. The faded to pink front wing and diagonally opposite rear door just added to the look. All being said it was a great motor and being a 1.6 it was pretty nippy considering. Povvo spec TX meant lots of dead buttons and no skirts, rusty steel rims etc. Kwality!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I hadn't noticed how long it's been since the last update... have an update with more recent spottages.

Land of the rising (Dat) sun.

5071818459_80b329c19f_z.jpg

520i with a manual box, full set of dealer plates and stickers...

5128425738_d20e910a71_z.jpg

I'm not mad on VWs, but these three took me back to how Mk1 Golfs used to look...

5127822295_76a9f1ae4f_z.jpg

5127821465_512c427f9b_z.jpg

5290791148_82c8724e71_z.jpg

Thought I'd uploaded this, but it appears not - the 90's have called again, something about fibreglass stuck to a car?

4823043653_89ef4df715_z.jpg

ZOMGSNOKAOS COZZES YOGHURT TRUCK ASPLOSION!

5290187667_d926bc53f9_z.jpg

Forgot how clean these Audi 80s could look...

5268674325_4704880d05_z.jpg

... cos most of them seem to look like this...

5048284224_e75e889783_z.jpg

DRIFT WEAPON

5128427656_2e9fea11b1_z.jpg

Audi Quattro innit, with super tidy Transit.

5182056473_5a170f6a8e_z.jpg

No accounting for taste, I suppose...

5128425462_8c43dee420_z.jpg

LHD imported shite of the week

5269285734_655545d935_z.jpg

and finally... rAtLuK? UR DOIN IT RONG!

5269285408_a9361159ec_z.jpg

Guest Leonard Hatred

That Impreza is incredible, not only is it an early 'narrow grille' model, and has escaped WRX treatment, but it's ultra boggo too. Probably a FWD 1.6.

That Impreza is incredible, not only is it an early 'narrow grille' model, and has escaped WRX treatment, but it's ultra boggo too. Probably a FWD 1.6.

It pulls on the RAC as a 1.6LX. I have to say I was pretty impressed, haven't seen one that rough in a very long time.