collection mission to SPAIN!!!! COMPLETED IT M8

Mr_Bo11ox

Do foreign registered vehicles need to pay the dart charge? They never pay to park in motorway services. 

55 minutes ago, Rightnider said:

You’ve got a Mazda 929 as well? Someone’s a winner in life. 

There’s an old Maserati somewhere.  Allegedly.  Maybe.

33 minutes ago, Lankytim said:

Do foreign registered vehicles need to pay the dart charge? They never pay to park in motorway services. 

Technically, yes.  In reality... well...

2 hours ago, High Jetter said:

Will it fit in the horse box?

Aye - as long as you climb out through the boot?

• Like 1

The Simca probably saw the 929 on the drive and immediately understood the bizarre change of life that has befallen it.

I bet it's quite relieved.

What an absolutely astounding little car. Brilliant endeavour all round, 38/10, would read thread again multiple times.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mr_Bo11ox said:

20240513_073947.jpg.e7aead45959a1854c09e7cd6f341d077.jpg

Park the fiesta as close to the wall as possible and get into it through the boot. Plop the brown champion alongside it and go through the window. 

17 hours ago, Schaefft said:

I've brought a few cars over from Germany but this thread gives me the motivation to buy one of these completely beat to shit 80s Japan-only grey imports you can only find in Ukraine and drive it all the way back.

Something like....

Screenshot_20240505-173917_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20240505-173947_Facebook.jpg

4 hours ago, goosey said:

Maybe time to loose the grass and extend your driveway?

Yeah, what are you doing this evening @Mr_Bo11ox? Shouldn't take long.

• Haha 3

Now I'm nearly 50 I value green stuff more than tarmac so the cars are going to have to fit in round the green stuff!!!!

Go all Colin furze and knock yourself up an underground bunker with car lift? Old 2 post lift and some scrap plywood should sort it

8 hours ago, Mr_Bo11ox said:

Well heres the brown bomber at its new address.

20240513_073947.jpg.e7aead45959a1854c09e7cd6f341d077.jpg

did i already say put the simca where the fiesta is and thats all the calendar pics for 25 :D

4 hours ago, andy18s said:

Something like....

Screenshot_20240505-173917_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20240505-173947_Facebook.jpg

Almost. I was thinking along the lines of Mazda Persona. I looked about 2 years ago when I received some help with buying taillights for my Corona Exiv and there were a few for sale, at least one really close to the battle lines as well!

5 hours ago, mat_the_cat said:

Yeah, what are you doing this evening @Mr_Bo11ox? Shouldn't take long.

I spent the day arranging for local companies to come and do it all for free Challenge Anneker style but I’m so upset after reading this you can stick it up your arse 

1 hour ago, goosey said:

I spent the day arranging for local companies to come and do it all for free Challenge Anneker style but I’m so upset after reading this you can stick it up your arse 

Let me just check something here, was Anneka Rice booked to come round? PM me if so and we can work something out. CHEERS 

You are bringing the Simca to Shitefest right Mr Bollox? 

• Like 2

This is an absolute inspiration. Amazingly so, and a properly heroic drive and back story. 

If you ever want to write it all up, I can think of a place to put it 😍

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Mr_Bo11ox said:

Let me just check something here, was Anneka Rice booked to come round? PM me if so and we can work something out. CHEERS 

If Anneka's on the cards I can be there in the morning with my tool in my hand.

And also a shovel, pick etc.

51 minutes ago, tooSavvy said:

Don't tell me ....

She's there for a 'touch up' 😯

🚙💨

By the sound of it she won't have a choice....

2 hours ago, brownnova said:

918C602D-F14D-4FD3-9AD1-951FCF40FCD4.jpeg.4de748b55285efbfd704e61d1ce139ed.jpeg

Is that May sorted for next year's calendar?  Although the carrot T-shirt collection pic is also a good 'un.

• Like 2

Re. French language. Any shiters know this YT channel??

https://youtube.com/@smellslikegasoline?si=q142Mv3fyM6VDTK620240513_234554.thumb.jpg.37d1fb0e62fdd3756e98fee18d21824a.jpg

if not, let me tell you now: it's friggin fantastic. It's basically this French lad repairing cars in his garden. He's honestly king of the shiters. He's completely fearless. Merc CL500 with a busted auto box? He just buys a gearbox on a pallet from Lithuania and fits it. Audi 200 turbo with rusty screen pilllars and almost no electrical functions working at all? Out comes the multimeter and cheese wire. Alfa 33 with worn out engine? He'll spend ages rebuilding the engine only to find it runs and sounds like absolute shite, forcing him to buy a spares car and nick its engine. Respraying the side of an MGF outdoors in freezing conditions? He's your man.

The best thing I've seen him do is get a very ordinary Peugeot 605 2.0 8v that's been sat in a field for 3 years, and gradually fix it right up, to the extent of driving it to Tunisia for a full respray!!!! When it's all done he takes it to a track day where it amazes him with its handling, and you also see that this guy can seriously DRIVE.

There's nothing he won't have a go at, and he's not afraid to show you when it goes pear shaped. He buys cheap tools off eBay and shows you how he gets on with them. He's super modest and his videos are quiet, thoughtful and very well made. No shouting, silly faces or 'OMG U WONT BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENED NEXT' bollocks. He has something like 300k subscribers but he doesn't have any sponsors except one company that supply him with engine oil and brake fluid. 

Anyway I highly recommend watching his channel,  obvs its all in French but the automatic YT subtitles are really excellent nowadays so just bosh them on. I think once you've chewed through all his content you'll be fluent speaker too, so tell your lass you're having a language lesson and not just watching any old 'shite car fix-up vids'. Get it in your eyeballs!!!!!

I watched a few videos but lost the channel, thanks for sharing it. He's got English subtitles once in a while but even without them it's totally worth a watch.

His Mrs' reaction to driving the 33 he's done up for her is fantastic, she's totally underwhelmed but is also pleased with the effort he's put in.