Jump to content

collection mission to SPAIN!!!! COMPLETED IT M8


Mr_Bo11ox

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Mr_Bo11ox said:

I am defo gonna do another of these missions I reckon. So much shite out there waiting to come back to Alfreton. Maybe a Perkins 4108-engined Seat 131 from the south of Spain or something. Will probably be next spring though.

The French system for purchase is quite straightforward not needing a lot documents - - - I think the Spanish and Portuguese may be more difficult, worth checking.

I think there are more Austin Cambridge Farinas in Spain than the UK - some diesel!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Surface Rust said:

This has had me browsing Le Bon Coin as well. I'd love a Peugeot J9 with slidey doors, they are such a practical layout and would be a performance upgrade* over my Acadiane.

Prices are rising in France. Some released from public services can have tiny miles on them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

im really quite surprised no ones done this already, or brought one back from Malta, or whatever it is they exist also, I mean a Diesel Morris Marina/Ital surely has to be one of thee most Autoshite vehicles out there? has anyone imported  and registered one in the UK at all, as in are any known in the UK, guess thats a question for @MarinaJosh :) 

 

image.png.0b8d5a3d564e11bf33a232bb2c198aba.pngSomewhere I have a picture of a Marina in Malta that really looks like it was an original diesel rather than the so common converted ones.  Can't find it so have to settle for this.  Few years back mind, so anyone's guess if it is still there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, lisbon_road said:

image.png.0b8d5a3d564e11bf33a232bb2c198aba.pngSomewhere I have a picture of a Marina in Malta that really looks like it was an original diesel rather than the so common converted ones.  Can't find it so have to settle for this.  Few years back mind, so anyone's guess if it is still there. 

€700 Euros - diesel https://www.maltapark.com/item/details/9675187
There's a better looking pez one on there too. Kind of an off/on/off idea of ours to get summat RHD out of Matla and Road Trip back but, tbh, I think I'll just be settling for checking out the tat remotely these days...

image.png.199572face2558162719dac7340d4305.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

im really quite surprised no ones done this already, or brought one back from Malta, or whatever it is they exist also, I mean a Diesel Morris Marina/Ital surely has to be one of thee most Autoshite vehicles out there? has anyone imported  and registered one in the UK at all, as in are any known in the UK, guess thats a question for @MarinaJosh :) 

 

When I tried to get vehicles (1950s motorbikes) from Malta to UK was told only Malta residents can export them,  Howevers Portugal is na probs for  export but big prob for import due to vast Portugal import vehicle tax.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Mr_Bo11ox said:

I am defo gonna do another of these missions I reckon. So much shite out there waiting to come back to Alfreton. Maybe a Perkins 4108-engined Seat 131 from the south of Spain or something. Will probably be next spring though.

I have dreams of taking my worthless and well-beyond-life-expectancy Renner 19 on a round Europe trip, gradually harvesting parts from dead examples and fitting them as I go. A literal rolling restoration if you like. This one looks like it could yield a lot of useful bits;

IMG_4338.thumb.jpeg.83ceb596e1398d9cf268325691d5fd26.jpeg
IMG_4337.thumb.jpeg.8fc9bbf0cdc0fa84dedf9bdc2d27589d.jpeg

Two problems, 1/ there’s no way I have the testicular fortitude to do it solo and 2/ wife extremely unlikely to be supportive (son might enjoy it though). Plus, it’s almost completely pointless as at the end of it all, I’d have a worthless and well-beyond-life-expectancy Renner 19. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, adw1977 said:

There is a car ferry from Malta to Sicily!

We know and we've even daydream-priced it :-) Under £200 on a one-way, non-advance ticket for a car + two passengers. Not sure if I can (yet) convince the child bride that spending a week in an old banger that she's just seen for the first time is a great* idea for a holiday (WCPGW?).
Having said that, she is weakening a bit these days and I think if the trip back was sweetened with fancy eateries ............

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, trigger said:

Did you take a detour through 1976 on the way home?

40918744073_42ba96ceaf_o.thumb.jpg.00861dd5d4d8ebc39d93ed7f442ab947.jpg

Some comical BL advertising there in the background.

Ford ads of the era were aspirational - the BL ones always seemed smug and not really about anything. 'bow to a Princes' and see what? Nasty plastic dash and baggy velour. The Mini ad says 'a shining example of self improvement' - what adding a square front? No wonder they went so bust.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, lesapandre said:

Some comical BL advertising there in the background.

Ford ads of the era were aspirational - the BL ones always seemed smug and not really about anything. 'bow to a Princes' and see what? Nasty plastic dash and baggy velour. The Mini ad says 'a shining example of self improvement' - what adding a square front? No wonder they went so bust.

There's a little bit of Triumph 6-cyl photo-bombing there on the right hand side.
Estate + Webasto - wonder what the ad for those looked like?
[edit] here's one - Aussie - 1976

and UK - 1974 - 'new' = only ten years or so old, just maturing, going to be chopped in its prime* in 1977
image.png.87fc3a340568f40bc550bc580e5d9dc3.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, EyesWeldedShut said:

€700 Euros - diesel https://www.maltapark.com/item/details/9675187
There's a better looking pez one on there too. Kind of an off/on/off idea of ours to get summat RHD out of Matla and Road Trip back but, tbh, I think I'll just be settling for checking out the tat remotely these days...

image.png.199572face2558162719dac7340d4305.png

There’s already a Marina Diesel in the U.K. I believe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, EyesWeldedShut said:

There's a little bit of Triumph 6-cyl photo-bombing there on the right hand side.
Estate + Webasto - wonder what the ad for those looked like?
[edit] here's one - Aussie - 1976

and UK - 1974 - 'new' = only ten years or so old, just maturing, going to be chopped in its prime* in 1977
image.png.87fc3a340568f40bc550bc580e5d9dc3.png

Triumph 2000 - better than an open wagon without the horse.

Screenshot_2024-05-16-12-04-08-919_com_ebay.mobile.jpg.0f8846a30f5496517914bef9e118e165.jpg

Triumph 2000  - more advanced than a traction engine.

Screenshot_2024-05-16-12-04-23-569_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Winner winner paella dinner...

Don't mess about you want this:

British for repatriation.*

LHD.

Diesel.

Cheap flight to Malaga.

70,000 km.

Fashionable grey.

Being sold by Johnny Depp.

4199€

Screenshot_20240516_121530_Milanuncios.jpg.fe3d9ba5025a2fb7b525377955902093.jpg

You'll need two weeks to drive back though...top speed 66mph.

¡Echa un vistazo a lo que he encontrado en Milanuncios! No te lo vas a creer:

https://www.milanuncios.com/austin-de-segunda-mano/austin-maestro-509068854.htm?stc=sm-whatsapp-send_friend-android

Ole.

*actually sold to Spain as a CKD kit as part of some BMC deal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...