The grumpy thread

outlaw118

I've just done one, today, this afternoon in fact.

It was... useful and that there's no real penalty is a bonus. 

Deffo better than three points and the insurance implications. 

Simon

watching the athletics on iplayer not quite live and theres a start (from the beginning) 20 sec back play 20 sec forward and live

skipping forward i keep hitting the live and getting a completely different prog (the next on air)

fk you fat fiinger bastard

On 7/15/2023 at 10:02 PM, RoverFolkUs said:

Fantastic, I've just noticed a dental filling which I received a couple of weeks ago has gone loose 

I thought something wasn't quite right as this particular one felt quite sensitive when none of the others I received on the same day did

I was quite concerned because the dental nurse/assistant was clearly inept, as the dentist was trying to give him instructions on what to do, and it sounded like he was messing things up, while she was doing the fillings.. 

On 7/15/2023 at 10:56 PM, High Jetter said:

Speak to them ASAP, they should re-do it urgently, FOC. Ask me how I know :)

Well that turned out to be an uphill struggle.. 

Got seen this morning. She tried to reassure me that it was "absolutely fine" after some aggressive poking

I said that you will see what I mean if you really gently wiggle it with a pick or something

She attempted to do this, still "couldn't see anything wrong" 

I said is there any particular reason why I can't bite down on that tooth then without severe pain, but the others are no problem? Do I need to show you what I mean by loose? 

She does a bit more poking, gentler this time, and conveniently a piece of this faulty filling breaks off and now exposed itself as being really loose.. 

A few moments later... 

"Ah, apologies, you're absolutely right, I will redo that one for you" 

Some people would have accepted that "it's ok" as an answer and gone away suffering every time they eat something and bite on that tooth until it breaks off completely or gets an infection.. 

Argh!! 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, cobblers said:

using figures that were presumably tested using a hastily road-converted British rail class 45. 

That bit did make me laugh and got me wondering. I tried as hard as I could to find a road going 45 but to avail. The biggest thing I found was a class 37.

2203731_orig.thumb.jpg.ba7ae595341c9af605219daf8c7deb35.jpg

3752252_orig.thumb.jpg.55cf09fc83a1b7f1364dc20f4ab9f2bc.jpg

294717_orig.thumb.jpg.eeaf6590dedeb95a9a9b51f5b274589e.jpg

53 minutes ago, RoverFolkUs said:

Got seen this morning. She tried to reassure me that it was "absolutely fine" after some aggressive poking

I said that you will see what I mean if you really gently wiggle it with a pick or something

I said is there any particular reason why I can't bite down on that tooth then without severe pain, but the others are no problem? Do I need to show you what I mean by loose? 

She does a bit more poking, gentler this time, and conveniently a piece of this faulty filling breaks off and now exposed itself as being really loose.. 

A few moments later... 

Some people would have accepted that "it's ok" as an answer and gone away suffering every time they eat something and bite on that tooth until it breaks off completely or gets an infection.. 

Argh!! 

I hope that wasn't Hyde Gardens

1 hour ago, RoverFolkUs said:

A few moments later... 

Argh!! 

I went to a dentist that put a filing in.  By next morning it had deformed and spread and was cutting into my cheek.

Went back after work and they were closed.

Same the following day but by then I had used a magneto file to file it smooth again.

Haven't been back and that was twenty years ago.

• Like 3

I'm trying not to be grumpy.  Because nothing bad happened to me.

In the past 2 weeks:

Wife's sister made her cry (and my wife thinks is still playing a game of mind manipulation, by behaviour that is bordline narcissistic..gas lighting might be a way to describe it)

Daughter's boyfriend's mother has been dying in a hospice (died yesterday), 

Wife's sister phoned daughter to offer to pay for a return taxi from Manchester to Bournemouth so she could be with her boyfriend.   Really?  What's that about ? 

Daughter's boyfriend got a demand the day before his mother died for €6000 euro from a hire car company in Croatia that says he (his twin sister in fact) put diesel in a petrol car, and damaged the engine..Given that they drove for over 100 km, after filling up and returned the hire car needing fuel, I think there's some ballocks happening. (They hadn't planned to use that particular company, but when they arrived at the airport, the fact that neither has a credit card, meant that the company they had booked with wouldn't release the keys to them (despite thier website saying they could pay with debit card) 

Our House sale looks to be about to fall through. 

Wife has post holiday blues. 

It's raining. 

On 7/20/2023 at 11:20 PM, cobblers said:

I listened in on my wifes course. I wanted to jump through the internet and strangle most of the other participants. Tutor wasn't much better. Stuck in a virtual room full of dull but angry people with an axe to grind.

Just take the points, it's . Save the course for later.

I definitely judge people who say they found it useful.

My post lunch nap was too long and I've felt like shit all afternoon 

20 hours ago, Yoss said:

That bit did make me laugh and got me wondering. I tried as hard as I could to find a road going 45 but to avail. The biggest thing I found was a class 37.

2203731_orig.thumb.jpg.ba7ae595341c9af605219daf8c7deb35.jpg

3752252_orig.thumb.jpg.55cf09fc83a1b7f1364dc20f4ab9f2bc.jpg

294717_orig.thumb.jpg.eeaf6590dedeb95a9a9b51f5b274589e.jpg

Weymouth?

On 7/21/2023 at 3:24 PM, Dave_Q said:

When you get an offer of a course you book through an online portal.

But in that portal they are listed by police force, Manchester, West Yorkshire and so on.

If you go into the listing for each police force they have dates and online/in person options but they are all slightly different prices, presumably they all have different arrangements of how much cash they are trousering from the course fees.

Waiting, hopefully, on a speed awareness course offer imminently.

Got done last Sunday at 9.30am doing 28mph in a new 20 (was 30) by a mobile van hiding in a row of parked cars. Don't normally speed, and was semi-aware it was a 20, but was getting it in the ear from the wife at the time.

Nobody else about. No pedestrians. Good visibility, good weather. 

Annoying as hell.

Why oh why has it crept into most online conversations that spelling it “thankyou” is now acceptable? They were two words when I was at school, and it’s to my understanding from talking to my cousins (9&6… I think) that they still are. What could you have possibly achieved in the time saved by not pressing space? Disingenuous arseholes. 

• Like 3

The big pooch (right) has been a little off colour for a few weeks now,  after an Xray it's been revealed she's got a growth in her lung,  I do not know yet the long term prognosis, but I know it ain't good.

20230521_085905.thumb.jpg.30edde92e10d9620fa61c43c65d56539.jpg

She is still herself,  full of life and ready to pinch your dinner at any moment, she just gets wheezy at times.  

She's the most loving dog I've ever known, so soft in nature and gentle with everyone.  

I'm hoping that it is treatable, because it'll break my heart to loose her.

11 hours ago, nev_jr said:

Why oh why has it crept into most online conversations that spelling it “thankyou” is now acceptable? They were two words when I was at school, and it’s to my understanding from talking to my cousins (9&6… I think) that they still are. What could you have possibly achieved in the time saved by not pressing space? Disingenuous arseholes. 

Don’t get me started on the bastardisation of the English language……. “ drives superb “…… fuck off

11 hours ago, nev_jr said:

Worse still is "tx"

• Like 2

Home insurance renewal time. With SAGA coz I am old. Last year £61, this year renewal £183!!! FFS. Along with a letter giving the usual crap about this is the best deal we can find blah blah blah... 

Goes onto compare the market, exactly the same details and SAGA comes up at £47!!! How is this possible? Phone SAGA they say they cannot match the £47??? Why? How come? So I cancel my renewal and take out a new policy. 

It seems every type of insurance renewal involves spending an hour of my time wasted getting new quotes then invariably staying with the same insurance company but having to take out a new policy. I thought there were new rules to stop the insurance companies over quoting for existing customers?

Boils my piss this does 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rocket88 said:

Don’t get me started on the bastardisation of the English language……. “ drives superb “…… fuck off

It’s nothing new. “The boys done great” was a standard football manager quote as far back as the late 60s to my knowledge. ( probably since televised football).

7 hours ago, andyberg said:

Home insurance renewal time. With SAGA coz I am old. Last year £61, this year renewal £183!!! FFS. Along with a letter giving the usual crap about this is the best deal we can find blah blah blah... 

Goes onto compare the market, exactly the same details and SAGA comes up at £47!!! How is this possible? Phone SAGA they say they cannot match the £47??? Why? How come? So I cancel my renewal and take out a new policy. 

It seems every type of insurance renewal involves spending an hour of my time wasted getting new quotes then invariably staying with the same insurance company but having to take out a new policy. I thought there were new rules to stop the insurance companies over quoting for existing customers?

Boils my piss this does 

F off saga , they are robbing unts , do a shop around and go with a normal insurance company ... And always do a search , I boned the doggie iconed company this way and they had to beat there own quote ! 

8 hours ago, andyberg said:

Boils my piss this does 

They did EXACTLY the same thing to me a few months ago. Last year's premium was about £60, renewal was £150, Comparethemeerkat was £55.

Insurance is a sore point just now, how the fuck can they want £500 to insure a second car? How the fuck am I supposed to drive them both at once? And then you try and phone them... 😠

I only got my insurance a hair cheaper this year (back in Feb) and the year before I renewed as the price was £4 cheaper than I could find! 

I lost the last of some distant speeding points under the 5 year rule and notched another years ncb up so that probably explains alot of it but I'm not as quick to dismiss the auto renew quote nowadays... 10 years ago I'd laugh and start playing the 'find it much cheaper anywhere else' game but that doesn't work as well nowadays I've found

Guy next door has been doing DIY since 6am.

Another neighbour has chickens. Don’t mind that, I’d love 2-3 hens clucking around in the garden. Except they have a rooster which is non-stop from 4am-is to whenever the sun goes down.

And yesterday afternoon the Saab started making a clonking noise from the rear suspension.

Great.

• Sad 3

48 minutes ago, dozeydustman said:

Guy next door has been doing DIY since 6am.

Another neighbour has chickens. Don’t mind that, I’d love 2-3 hens clucking around in the garden. Except they have a rooster which is non-stop from 4am-is to whenever the sun goes down.

And yesterday afternoon the Saab started making a clonking noise from the rear suspension.

Great.

I had a neighbour in an upstairs flat that had a habit of running their washing machine at about 11PM.  This was directly above my flat's bedroom.

The trick was to go out into the communal area, find the electrical distribution box with all the meters and turn their power off.  Then go back to bed.  The third time I did that - mysteriously - the washing machine never fired up later than 8PM.

There must but an equivalent for you.  Maybe for the rooster you could rehome an urban fox for a period of time...

15 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

Plan to start fixing the suspension at 3am next Sunday? 

Sadly I need to get the old house cleared out and gardened by Monday next, FOTU on Saturday, friendly mechanic may have to look. Hopefully it’s just a drop link or something similar.

45 minutes ago, dozeydustman said:

Sadly I need to get the old house cleared out and gardened by Monday next, FOTU on Saturday, friendly mechanic may have to look. Hopefully it’s just a drop link or something similar.

Probably should have added with a BFO hammer to my post... 🤣

I've got a similar tale a friend told, him and a few disgruntled neighbors (party's at all hours etc from one house) got together and had need to dispose of some scrap metal, so my friend was up at 7am on a Saturday morning when they knew the party house went to bed at 3/4am and spent 4 hours grinding it up very slowly with a disc a bit too wide to fit in the boot of his fiesta with the seats up 🤣 No one else complained bar party house owner and words were had and mysteriously they stopped doing it every night after that (and got pally with my friend in the end) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1