Jump to content

The grumpy thread


outlaw118

Recommended Posts

73f2847578e044897f9feb97e63d1b8a.jpg

"I am unsubscribing as I'd rather not be reminded of how your other customers are ruining old vehicles with fake patina, lo rider stances, bogus roof racks, stretched tyres and ill advised camber angles, because undoubtedly once any of this has been done, the venerable motor is at the end of its life, the market for such molested cars being non existent. A perfect example being your current Customer's car of the month, which saddened me."

06c1757a42aa8597012e7c40ab3ebe28.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, reb said:

I'm currently stuck in Tesco car park because I have a great big shiny blob in my vision straight ahead. Not a clue what's caused it but I can hardly see my phone screen. I hope it fucks off soon because I want to go home and go to bed.

Hope you're feeling better mate.

I had one like this a few years ago where I gradually lost my vision as I was driving.  Usually mine are just fuck-off headaches with a sore neck.  I was quite grateful to have something else for a change but it wasn't much fun at the time.  I just slept it off in the end.  I've had one where my arm tingled before as well.  But out of the hundred or so that I've had, those are the only two times it hasn't had the headache.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, jakebullet said:

KN95 masks are great at keeping the pollen out when you get nagged into cutting the grass. Super cheap now too. Only snag is you attract clever cunts who like to tell you covid is over.

Cheers, will keep that in mind. It's more the issue of existing outside (washing cars for a living) that seems to be the biggest issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

Cheers, will keep that in mind. It's more the issue of existing outside (washing cars for a living) that seems to be the biggest issue.

Which antihistamines are you taking - cetirizine or loratadine? Might be worth switching to the other type for a bit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

Hay-fever can get in the blooming sea

A couple of hay fever tips which you may or may not know - but it was many years before anybody told me, and I've had it all my life.

Don't blow your nose too much as it causes more inflammation.  Of course it's not nice sniffling all the time, but actually if you do the irritation will reduce.

Snort some lukewarm water up your nose to clear it.  Takes practice but works really well - one nostril at a time, just a splash of water in the palm of your hand.

I don't take antihistamines as I don't like them, but I find  a couple of paracetamol helps calm things down when I start sneezing.

HTH. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Mr Pastry said:

A couple of hay fever tips which you may or may not know - but it was many years before anybody told me, and I've had it all my life.

Don't blow your nose too much as it causes more inflammation.  Of course it's not nice sniffling all the time, but actually if you do the irritation will reduce.

Snort some lukewarm water up your nose to clear it.  Takes practice but works really well - one nostril at a time, just a splash of water in the palm of your hand.

I don't take antihistamines as I don't like them, but I find  a couple of paracetamol helps calm things down when I start sneezing.

HTH. 

Ta. I tend not to blow my nose anyway, just suffer and be crabbit. 😂

I'll keep the paracetamol thing in mind. Ta :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bren said:

We had a severe weather warning here yesterday - flash floods. It dribbled for about half an hour.

I wonder how much the met office costs? Reading tea leaves would be cheaper.

Same here! Utter doom and gloom forecast. It did go grey and sprinkle down for 10 minutes in the morning. BBC weather would have you building noahs ark fucking ASAP 

Was sports day at school yesterday... 10.20am they bottled it and cancelled. Brightened right up at about 10.45am but by then they'd sent the email 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

Loratadine. Will try switching.

I take a generic Cetirizine, seems to work ok. Though I'm usually in a world of my own so probably wouldn't notice if it wasn't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, jakebullet said:

KN95 masks are great at keeping the pollen out when you get nagged into cutting the grass. Super cheap now too. Only snag is you attract clever cunts who like to tell you covid is over.

I wear mine most of the time I am out, filters out tobacco smoke,  perfume, deodorant, aftershave etc. pongs that stop me being able to breath.

No-one has commented yet.

Used to have crippling migraines when I was in my twenties.  Nothing for years but recently had a few instances of a weird 'swirling' optical effect, similar to the old screensaver where a whirlpool sort of thing bounced around the screen distorting everything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/15/2022 at 9:01 PM, barefoot said:

 

Should two year old/250 mile fuel hose that's only ever seen E5 behave like this?

 

Remember my grumble?

I emailed this to the offending garage on Monday morning. By close of play that day, he had offered a refund which landed in my account this morning. 

I don't think that's too bad a result, do you?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's actually my first year of hay fever, quite how I've managed 48 years without being nobbled before I don't know. Fexofenadine for the win for me.

I'm wondering if it's a covid thing, always had a fairly crappy sense of smell. Suddenly I've got more "smell power", and bonus hay fever.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Americans on YT.

First that legend* Mustie. With his will it start video on the Imp. Someone associates it with Mr Bean. 🤦

Next is Albon and his presentation on The Untold True Story of Goodwood. He has made  quite a number of errors in this one. Like associating a WW2 bomber with WW1. Timelines not correct and missing the fact that UK law prohibits road racing. Plus a number of other facts. 😩

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Chas4545 said:

Never ever put a vaccuum cleaner  anywhere near an eye,, even in jest.

A samsung I had had a pretty explicit diagram of what could happen in the instructions ... ugh

A mate of mine put the shop vac nozzle on his forehead as a joke a few years back. The bruise it made was incredible; really vivid in colour, perfectly circular, and the same diameter as the nozzle. It didn't go down for ages afterwards either, he looked like a right fucking idiot wandering round in public afterwards. Couldn't have gone any better 😅

I have no doubt it would remove your eye quite easily 😰

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Rust Collector said:

A mate of mine put the shop vac nozzle on his forehead as a joke a few years back. The bruise it made was incredible; really vivid in colour, perfectly circular, and the same diameter as the nozzle. It didn't go down for ages afterwards either, he looked like a right fucking idiot wandering round in public afterwards. Couldn't have gone any better 😅

I have no doubt it would remove your eye quite easily 😰

As a kid I stuck the bathroom plunger on my 7 year old sisters forehead, she spent about ten minutes ragging at it to get it off which I found absolutely hilarious, but not as hilarious as the mark it left on there for about 2 weeks

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, cobblers said:

As a kid I stuck the bathroom plunger on my 7 year old sisters forehead, she spent about ten minutes ragging at it to get it off which I found absolutely hilarious, but not as hilarious as the mark it left on there for about 2 weeks

 

a mate of ours regularly drank himself into oblivion..... 1 night passing out with his face on his pint glass. They left him there while they partied. The ring around his mouth lasted about a fortnight.

He also once shit the bed with his wife getting covered - but that's another story...... no clue how he made it through his 30's

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Back_For_More said:

a mate of ours regularly drank himself into oblivion..... 1 night passing out with his face on his pint glass. They left him there while they partied. The ring around his mouth lasted about a fortnight.

He also once shit the bed with his wife getting covered - but that's another story...... no clue how he made it through his 30's

He's doing alright for himself these days though, eh?

image.thumb.png.b8048f50cf6f8995e14c5db3a0222be2.png

Well, sort of alright.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, jakebullet said:

It's actually my first year of hay fever, quite how I've managed 48 years without being nobbled before I don't know. Fexofenadine for the win for me.

I'm wondering if it's a covid thing, always had a fairly crappy sense of smell. Suddenly I've got more "smell power", and bonus hay fever.

Humans develop and lose allergies  throughout life 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 24/06/2022 at 08:20, Bren said:

We had a severe weather warning here yesterday - flash floods. It dribbled for about half an hour.

I wonder how much the met office costs? Reading tea leaves would be cheaper.

You need to take this up with Meteogroup, the private company that took over the BBC contract from the Met Office in 2018...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...