Jump to content

The grumpy thread


Recommended Posts

Posted

Every time I fly from Belfast city to Birmingham there’s always a delay, every time. It can’t be the other way around, no that would be on company time, no the delay always has to be on the way home on my own time 

I also had a slight trouser accident on the way to the airport 

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
Posted
3 hours ago, goosey said:

Every time I fly from Belfast city to Birmingham there’s always a delay, every time.

Ironic, considering the 2nd syllable of your departure point. 

Posted

I’m sat in Malaga Airport waiting for the check-in to open.

I hate returning to Britain.

  • Agree 1
Posted

Bought two new mobility scooter batteries via eBay, delivery scheduled for Thursday. 11:05hrs, email pings up….. sorry you weren’t in, our driver has left a card, please arrange re-delivery. Grrrr…. I bloody was on and the driver never appeared. Booked for today. I was tracking the twat, he was one street away and I got another sorry that our driver missed you.  FUCK OFF!  Went on the companies live chat and stated what happened. About as much use as a fart in a hurricane.  Delivery number three booked for Monday AM and the driver instructed to phone me before delivery.  Yeah, whatever. 

Posted

Nipped to the CoOp this evening, for a four pack and bottle of squash. Just about to leave, when I noticed a newish Puma in the row behind me with DRLs on, so waited a sec before backing out of my space, in case they were about to leave. Then a black BMW 3 series backed in next to the Puma and they started to chat, so I thought I was good to go. Backing out, watching them both and the BMW driver, parked very close to the Puma, passed a packet over. 
 

I was now about to pull forward when the Puma driver floored it, just missing my near side rear and then the BMW driver floored it after them. Guessing Puma girl didn’t pay for her delivery? Thankfully, I was in the Yeti, not sure the larger Superb would have been avoided. I won’t be shopping there again.

Posted

People deal drugs everywhere, you just don't usually see it unless you know what you're looking at.  I'd not worry about it

  • Like 1
Posted
23 minutes ago, loserone said:

People deal drugs everywhere, you just don't usually see it unless you know what you're looking at.  I'd not worry about it

My concern was the reckless driving more than the deal.

Posted

Yes, this is a wonderful time of the evening to detect the unmistakable aroma of something electronic having let the magic smoke out.  Right as I was about 3/4 of the way to being asleep.

Haven't the slightest clue what it was as everything is still running...Switched off and killed the power to everything and that can be tomorrow me's problem.

Posted
2 hours ago, loserone said:

People deal drugs everywhere, you just don't usually see it unless you know what you're looking at.  I'd not worry about it

A few months ago I was waiting for the last bus home on a Friday night and a taxi drew up opposite the bus stop. Rear seat passenger got out, went into a block of flats, 2 mins later came back out, went back into the rear of the taxi and then came out again and went into another block of flats. He repeated this again before getting back into the taxi and it drove off. 

Posted


Something in my life, my domain, work, home, car idk is giving me little deep paper cuts in the index and middle fingertips of my left hand.  It's not a medical emergency I know but not being able to figure out what the culprit is is driving me mad. 

Tonight at dinner I had to operate my cutlery like an American! 😡

Posted
15 hours ago, dozeydustman said:

I’m sat in Malaga Airport waiting for the check-in to open.

I hate returning to Britain.

We hate you returning as well.

Posted
1 minute ago, castros_bro said:

We hate you returning as well.

Thank you for your welcoming words

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Posted
10 hours ago, loserone said:

People deal drugs everywhere, you just don't usually see it unless you know what you're looking at. 

I used to get mine from the coop. Lad would bag up my shopping, charge me £20 more than expected and when I got home to unpack, there'd be a little treat tucked in there for me.

Posted
5 minutes ago, barefoot said:

I used to get mine from the coop. Lad would bag up my shopping, charge me £20 more than expected and when I got home to unpack, there'd be a little treat tucked in there for me.

Mine came in a taxi, if we ever needed to combine a taxi trip we'd get a free ride and pay only for the drugs

Posted
8 minutes ago, loserone said:

Mine came in a taxi, if we ever needed to combine a taxi trip we'd get a free ride and pay only for the drugs

Used to provide the taxi for free too - one way to the nick ;-)

Back in the day (yeah, OK so 1981 is not that long ago?) nicking somebody for possession of the dreaded weed was considered a half decent collar. By 1991 we'd only really bother if there was some sort of blatant public consumption going on. Nine times out of ten the blow would go down a handy drain and the punters told to move along.

These days? Biggest complaint I have is that the cat shit 'skunk' stench that pervades all city centres is nothing like a proper 'herbal' spliff? Have those guys got no taste buds or sense of smell?

  • Like 1
Posted

This was mid naughties when it was class C and when you could buy stuff that tasted nice and wasn't too strong.  Glad I stopped before the supply focussed on skunk and vapes came in, I think I would have struggled a lot more with both of those.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Posted
10 hours ago, Wibble said:

My concern was the reckless driving more than the deal.

People can drive recklessly anywhere. I wouldn't let it influence where you choose to shop 

Posted
47 minutes ago, loserone said:

Glad I stopped before the supply focussed on skunk

Glad you did. My mate (and occasionally I) used to partake in the herbal stuff. I did it less and less then completely stopped decades ago. Mate didn't and carried on with the skunk stuff. He's now f**ked with mental health issues from 40 years of using. Big shame. Was a really good mate between 1990 -2007 but I had to back off when I noticed how it was affecting him and he wasn't interested in doing anything about his skunk use.

@EyesWeldedShut I hate it when I go into the City centre and you get that cat shit smell everywhere.

Posted
7 minutes ago, auntiemaryscanary said:

My mate (and occasionally I) used to partake in the herbal stuff. I did it less and less then completely stopped decades ago. Mate didn't and carried on with the skunk stuff. He's now f**ked with mental health issues from 40 years of using. Big shame.

Sorry to hear that.  

I set out at 17 that I'd smoke and take drugs only for 10 years, which when I got to 27 made it easier to "just stop" with self hypnosis.  I was definitely the "more and more" person of the group and only didn't smoke it for three days of that ten years (and then only due to illness!)

Posted
26 minutes ago, loserone said:

Sorry to hear that.  

I set out at 17 that I'd smoke and take drugs only for 10 years, which when I got to 27 made it easier to "just stop" with self hypnosis.  I was definitely the "more and more" person of the group and only didn't smoke it for three days of that ten years (and then only due to illness!)

Good on ya for getting out of it. It's not something that's conducive to maintaining responsibilities inc. kids. 

Posted
11 hours ago, Zelandeth said:

Yes, this is a wonderful time of the evening to detect the unmistakable aroma of something electronic having let the magic smoke out.  Right as I was about 3/4 of the way to being asleep.

Haven't the slightest clue what it was as everything is still running...Switched off and killed the power to everything and that can be tomorrow me's problem.

Air conditioner.  That's what I get for actually putting the back panel back on last time I worked on it.

So I get to dismantle half the room to extract it again.  If it's one of the new caps I put in there a month or two back having let go I will be extremely displeased.

Posted
On 25/09/2026 at 19:09, Popsicle said:

The highlight of it though was that the lass doing it had huge tits and kept leaning in front of me to check I was alright, as I lay on my side with a stupid grin on my face. 

I had a scan of my heart a few years back when I first started suffering from trapped wind.  The lass laid me on a table and told me to roll onto my side facing away and to lift my arm over my head.  She then proceeded to lean over me reaching all around my chest with the scanner tool, massaging my side with her ample boobs for a good few minutes,  my old fella certainly noticed this……😜

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Posted

Screenshot_20261003-1121532.jpg.6d85d0fc53c330c2268aac8a83579d49.jpg

Motorola phone keeps asking permission to add random apps to the phone with every system update.  Who the fuck would want that?

The first thing I did when I got this phone was to delete all the unwanted apps that came pre-installed.  The last thing I want is more of them.

Posted

I keep them to a minimum.  Go Northeast (bus times and tracker), Lidl, Nectar and Kindl, just updated today.

Haven't had any pushed at me.

Posted

been quoted £45 to code a stop start battery on the Seat that I've already bought and fitted  - they said it would take half an hour ?? had a google and its 4 lines of data to update - Stop/start is shite 

Posted
2 hours ago, Somerset Suffolk said:

been quoted £45 to code a stop start battery on the Seat that I've already bought and fitted  - they said it would take half an hour ?? had a google and its 4 lines of data to update - Stop/start is shite 

Surely, the AS way is to invest that £45 in a VCDS clone, and do it yourself ?

  • Agree 2
Posted

yes indeed - looking at a Vgate iCar Pro Bluetooth 4.0 OBD2 Diagnostic Scanner Code Reader  and Car Scanner free software ? less than £30 and apparently should do the job 👍 

Posted
11 minutes ago, Somerset Suffolk said:

yes indeed - looking at a Vgate iCar Pro Bluetooth 4.0 OBD2 Diagnostic Scanner Code Reader  and Car Scanner free software ? less than £30 and apparently should do the job 👍 

I am always suspicious of using generic scanners for coding, sometimes they do what they promise but often they don't !

Aliexpress do a good line in VCDS clones, like this one.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Posted

My trusty brake pressure bleeder went pop yesterday. I filled it with brake fluid and then pumped it up. I wondered why I wasn't getting any fluid out of the end, only to discover it was peeing out of the bottom of the container! Oh well it is probably 10 years old possibly more , so to try and get the job done I bought a cheapo bleeder from a factors that runs off tyre pressure. 

After trying to use this thing I remembered what made them shite in the first place. Firstly lower the tyre pressure to 20 psi, then plug in the bleeder. The tyre goes flat in seconds and barely any brake fluid is supplied, amazing! Straight in bin what a waste of time, I have now ordered a proper one online. 

Posted
6 hours ago, Somerset Suffolk said:

been quoted £45 to code a stop start battery on the Seat that I've already bought and fitted  - they said it would take half an hour ?? had a google and its 4 lines of data to update - Stop/start is shite 

Had to force my garage to take £20 off me for doing this a couple of weeks ago. Took the apprentice about 90 seconds

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...