The grumpy thread

outlaw118

36A53906-A238-4D75-8D15-738DFD39BBF0.jpeg.e6612538293b1b470be58fe6a23324f2.jpeg

walked to the top of Easington Colliery for this beautiful view and all I can hear is some bloke shouting at his dog the way someone would shout at a pisshead in a pub 

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, goosey said:

all I can hear is some bloke shouting at his dog

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, goosey said:

36A53906-A238-4D75-8D15-738DFD39BBF0.jpeg.e6612538293b1b470be58fe6a23324f2.jpeg

walked to the top of Easington Colliery for this beautiful view and all I can hear is some bloke shouting at his dog the way someone would shout at a pisshead in a pub 

never got round to venturing up the top there

seen the sculpture millions of times, hell been in the car park loads

looks absolutely lovely! that's my weekend walk sorted

Never stopped off there but we used to drive to Whitby every weekend and there was a conveyor system around there that dumped the unusable detritus from the pit into the sea.  Used in "Get Carter" IIRC.

Must go and have a look one day.  Don't go to Whitby any more, except on my brother's birthday and not always then.

Well... I'm an idiot then.

First agent I spoke to at Virgin 'give it 24 hours' - erm, no, it worked perfectly fine before your scheduled maintenance and now only 1 out of 20 devices in the house wants to connect to the network, you've clearly fucked something up.

Two hours of calls later I got an engineer appointment for Thursday morning. This after I'd threatened cancellation, complained and been passed to several departments (I was never rude or anything, I'm not THAT kinda dickhead with call centres).

Been out to the pub this evening.

Lo and behold half of the stuff is seemingly working again... well don't I feel stupid :D

Parts in motion. 

Why is it double the price for a set of gear cables which are literally 1-3mm longer...? 

Supposedly the cheaper ones which I ordered are "wrong"

They can't be, the Ford IB5 box is the same across the board...

Edit - 

Looks like a definite crafty upsell, scroll down a bit and here we have another set, same as the "correct" £112 ones, for £60... 

Screenshot_2024-06-18-23-42-28-274_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg.57f5a4a398878c4be5b82b1dab54aeac.jpg

How awfully convenient, "sorry, these £57 ones are wrong but don't worry, we have the correct ones for £112"

It would be a different matter if I had ordered the incorrect ones, but they were NOT shown in the list of results when I searched by reg before ordering

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Tickman said:

My experience is very similar. I'll not use them at all now.

Using a laptop/desktop I've found that if you chuck one of their items into the basket you'll often get a cheaper priced version in the 'recommended items' ticker thing that then appears - usually from PiM themselves. It's also worth searching only PiM listings on a part number as it'll often chuck up a really cheap result - it may not be matched to your individual vehicle - things like DV6 parts for a Bini are often not x-ref to a PSA part for example.
On the phone app this is bloody tricky to manage so I don't use it - the smol screen and the layout is a bitch to work with.
I've also had it where you checkout having paid ££££ and there, in the 'other folks bought this' there's the same thing for only ££ - that's mostly an eBay algorithm tbh - I have a suspicion that there is an upsell going on there.

We are doomed , just watched a chap pull up to the out of use  pump at a petrol station ... He took the yellow warning sign off the pump handle , put it in his car and ......

It didn't work !! 

His wife got out to look at it , he looked at it , they passed it between them , tried it again , then decided to put it back , but needed to put the warning sign back on , which ment getting the pump handle out again , so they tried it again .. 

It still did not work ...

I went in and paid for my fuel and by that time they had moved the car back into everyone's way who was coming into the station and where inspecting the pumps ... 

Missed out on the house I was trying to buy. 

Houses for sale in my village/town are rare things, and this one was a bit weird. Shabby ('potential') but in a weird leasehold arrangement which might have complicated making improvements. 

Went for less than I could afford, but more than I wanted to pay, so feeling conflicted about my valuation skills. 

• Sad 2

14 hours ago, Tickman said:

Same.

Trying to return an item they have wrongly supplied or is faulty is a Kafkaesque experience.

People, just, people... fucking sellers in particular.

List a car, not many details in the ad, but list it as spares or repairs, put a price in it and specifically say it's or nearest offer.... cool.

Ask a couple of questions about why it's listed as spares or repairs, get acceptable responses... ok, can i come have a look? Silence.

I know where the car is, it's local (literally down the road from a relatives house, so recognised it instantly), swing past on my way home the other night, looks decent. Throw in an offer on the ad (£100 under the asking price, it is listed ONO after all....). Silence.

Throw in another offer slightly more than the last one that is literally £50 under the full asking price. Silence.

Ask again then what they want for it?, Silence.

A look through the message history looks like they straight up blanked asking to view and i'm blocked after the 1st offer. That was read, The follow ups are all unread. Utter fucking weirdo behaviour.

Do i just go full psycho and leave a note on the windscreen calling them a cunt? 😂

3 minutes ago, High Jetter said:

No, just a note with your number, and 'interested'

I feel that messed around by them i kinda don't want to give them the money now. Cannot be fucked dealing with someone that wouldn't even reply when asking to look at it, then blocked me for making an offer they said they were open to.

More at a point of

'Will you take the full asking price?'

'Yeah, of course!'

'Ah so you were just being an ignorant cunt?, Nice to know, good luck with the sale'.

And fwiw, parts for it are very hard to get, borderline unobtanium, so as 'spares', it'll likely it'll end up scrapped in a few months, ah well.

18 hours ago, Tickman said:

4 hours ago, juular said:

Same.

Trying to return an item they have wrongly supplied or is faulty is a Kafkaesque experience.

'tis a shame, as I've had a couple of previous positive experiences with them recently until this. 

I've just reordered as I've found an equivalent part to the £112 set for £60 again. Annoying. Why is First Line FKG1107 & 1109 £57 but FKG 1105 is £112!? Borg and Beck equivalent BKG1105 is £60... 

The "correct" £112 ones do not show up in search results, only 1107 & 1109. 

If I search for 1105 directly then it comes up as correct for my car (build date before 04/2006 or something) and then offers the alternative cheaper part if I follow the "here's what other people bought" links

Really crafty behaviour in my opinion. Hide the correct part, so I order the wrong one, oops that's not correct, let's swiftly refund you and send a link to one double the price. Customer has to do their own detective work to actually get the identical part from a different brand for the original price.. (both probably made by the same manufacturer anyway) 

I'm really annoyed by the principle of the matter but that hasn't stopped me giving it another go and reordering the other ones I sussed out 😁

13 hours ago, mercedade said:

Missed out on the house I was trying to buy. 

Houses for sale in my village/town are rare things, and this one was a bit weird. Shabby ('potential') but in a weird leasehold arrangement which might have complicated making improvements. 

Went for less than I could afford, but more than I wanted to pay, so feeling conflicted about my valuation skills. 

Lucky escape, avoid leasehold like the plague, it's a licence for theft.

40 minutes ago, cort1977 said:

On this occasion, it would have been more a 'quirk' than a millstone around my neck - the ground rent is a fixed (and cannot be changed) £8 per year, and I can see plenty of neighbouring properties have extricated themselves from the freeholder. The kind of thing that would put off a 'buy, paint, flip' developer, but not someone looking for a home.

19 hours ago, Mrcento said:

I feel that messed around by them i kinda don't want to give them the money now. Cannot be fucked dealing with someone that wouldn't even reply when asking to look at it, then blocked me for making an offer they said they were open to.

More at a point of

'Will you take the full asking price?'

'Yeah, of course!'

'Ah so you were just being an ignorant cunt?, Nice to know, good luck with the sale'.

And fwiw, parts for it are very hard to get, borderline unobtanium, so as 'spares', it'll likely it'll end up scrapped in a few months, ah well.

Update, i was giving them too much credit thinking they'd just taken a scunner to me for no reason and blocked me.

They finally replied to me.

To tell me it's sold. Like a final fuck you, we never even blocked you for fuck all, we now just want you to know we were just ignoring you the entire fucking time then sold it to someone else despite the fact it was obvious how much you wanted it and were clearly willing to pay.

So they were just being ignorant cunts all along.

5 days of chasing, when i literally could have had the thing at any point that suited them in minutes, even paid in full, hassle free, if they'd just fucking answered at any point over the best part of a week.

I was that fucking desperate for that car, if they'd just said 'Look, i've had a lot of interest at the asking price' i'd have went above it just to secure it. That's the stage of desperation/exasperation i'm at for something, But no, they just couldn't be normal and reply.

Probably done themselves out of several hundred quid and sent the car to its demise in the process to someone that won't be able to get parts and will either just scrap it or ruin it in a field as a toy.

I'm just so fucking done with people and cars. Completely done. Mentally fried. As stupid as it sounds this one has really hit me into a bad place, ffs.

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, Mrcento said:

Update, i was giving them too much credit thinking they'd just taken a scunner to me for no reason and blocked me.

They finally replied to me.

To tell me it's sold. Like a final fuck you, we never even blocked you for fuck all, we now just want you to know we were just ignoring you the entire fucking time then sold it to someone else despite the fact it was obvious how much you wanted it and were clearly willing to pay.

So they were just being ignorant cunts all along.

5 days of chasing, when i literally could have had the thing at any point that suited them in minutes, even paid in full, hassle free, if they'd just fucking answered at any point over the best part of a week.

I was that fucking desperate for that car, if they'd just said 'Look, i've had a lot of interest at the asking price' i'd have went above it just to secure it. That's the stage of desperation/exasperation i'm at for something, But no, they just couldn't be normal and reply.

Probably done themselves out of several hundred quid and sent the car to its demise in the process to someone that won't be able to get parts and will either just scrap it or ruin it in a field as a toy.

I'm just so fucking done with people and cars. Completely done. Mentally fried. As stupid as it sounds this one has really hit me into a bad place, ffs.

Sellers, especially on FB marketplace are utterly insane. Probably 50% of messages I’ve sent asking for details about cars, parts, or asking if it’s sold remained unanswered.

If you really want it that badly, ask the dude, as he has at least replied, if he’d forward the contact of the person that bought it, and if he sends it, offer 50£ above the original asking price, and hope for the best.

Edited by IronStar
I really shouldn’t type and do other things if I want the mesaage to sound coherent 😄

53 minutes ago, IronStar said:

Sellers, especially on FB marketplace are utterly insane. Probably 50% of messages I’ve sent asking for details about cars, parts, or asking if it’s sold remained unanswered.

If you really want it that badly, ask the dude, as he has at least replied, if he’d forward the contact of the person that bought it, and if he sends it, offer 50£ above the original asking price, and hope for the best.

Probably too late for that, i sent a fairly firm (but way too polite still, not what i really feel) message this evening explaining that i was sorry to finally hear from them it's gone, and the manner i missed out on it, given all they had to do was reply and they'd have had the easiest deal ever at full whack or above, cash ready, why i wanted it, and how easy a deal it should have been for us both if they'd just acted like a normal person at some point over nearly a week. I sort of left it open that they could at least say 'Sorry, i can put you in contact with the buyer if you want' but nope, read, no reply. They probably took satisfaction that it's pissed me off/upset me that much, that's the vibe i'm getting off the 2 messages i have dragged out them the past week.

I don't blame whoever bought it, in fact, i hope they got it so dirt cheap it fucking burns the seller that they've missed out on a wedge of cash just through sheer ignorance and stupidity. They can call it a cunt tax.

14 minutes ago, Mrcento said:

Probably too late for that, i sent a fairly firm (but way too polite still, not what i really feel) message this evening explaining that i was sorry to finally hear from them it's gone, and the manner i missed out on it, given all they had to do was reply and they'd have had the easiest deal ever at full whack or above, cash ready, why i wanted it, and how easy a deal it should have been for us both if they'd just acted like a normal person at some point over nearly a week. I sort of left it open that they could at least say 'Sorry, i can put you in contact with the buyer if you want' but nope, read, no reply. They probably took satisfaction that it's pissed me off/upset me that much, that's the vibe i'm getting off the 2 messages i have dragged out them the past week.

I don't blame whoever bought it, in fact, i hope they got it so dirt cheap it fucking burns the seller that they've missed out on a wedge of cash just through sheer ignorance and stupidity. They can call it a cunt tax.

Still though, doesn’t hurt to ask directly what you’d like to know. “Any chance you could put me into contact with the buyer? I would really like to try buying it of them.” might not cut it, but they may reply to direct ask. 🤷

If I really wanted it and knew who owned it (house, door, etc) I might knock on the door, but that may be a step too far, especially if they have my photo off the convo.

2 minutes ago, IronStar said:

Still though, doesn’t hurt to ask directly what you’d like to know. “Any chance you could put me into contact with the buyer? I would really like to try buying it of them.” might not cut it, but they may reply to direct ask. 🤷

If I really wanted it and knew who owned it (house, door, etc) I might knock on the door, but that may be a step too far, especially if they have my photo off the convo.

It's probably gone 1 of 2 places.

The local reseller family (There's 5 of them online all day and all night, very hard to get anything local, they're hawks, have 3x recovery trucks and commandeered a public car park to store all their 'stock' and can be there in minutes) in which case, it'll be up for sale again in about 24hrs time at 50%+ what they got it for, or, like most cheap 4wd's, off to some young lads that just want to rag it around a field for a few months, smash it up then bin it.  In which case, i doubt they'd sell it anyway.

There's an off chance it's gone somewhere decent, but knowing what was going to need done and how scares the parts it needs are, even if someone had the right intentions, i doubt they'll get what it needs (it was going to be a challenge for me, too, fwiw). So wouldn't be that shocked to see it for sale again soon with no MOT.

I don't really want to bother whoever bought it, there's all the dodgy data protection stuff now etc, don't really think asking to be put in touch with the buyer is viable sadly, and i suspect the seller is very much 'i couldn't give a fuck mate, its not me making the money and i dont give a fuck if someone else could make it, its not in my pocket so not my business, suck it'.

Either way, i don't want to deal with more people now. I'm burnt out trying with people, properly fried and frazzled, anxiety has just went off the charts tonight with the stress and this annoyance seems to have triggered it all etc, straw that's broke the camels back big time.

Fiddlesticks, damn and blast.....
(Hope they mean 24th June and not the 12th December or summat - I think DHL have lost the package tbh :-( )

image.png.0656a0141fc8fdee287ccd966b3302b3.png

I have had to abandon any plans for the day due hay fever, which is annoying as I had planned to tidy the garden. I can barely open my right eye and antihistamines are proving as useful as a back pocket on a sock. Last year I only had a week of mild symptoms.

Also my ball joint dust covers didn’t arrive yesterday so I can’t even go in the garage and sort the Peugeot.

• Sad 2

After I fixed the door mirror on the MG I pumped the NSF tyre up. I was rewarded by some very wrong-sounding noises when it got close to the desired pressure, pumpis dead. This has not been a good week.

On 20/06/2024 at 09:51, cort1977 said:

I would usually agree, but there are some curious exceptions to the rule.

I'm looking to move to Letchworth Garden City where - famously - a lot of the original 'cottages' are leasehold. The Letchworth "Heritage Foundation" are the freeholder and charge £0 ground rent and £0 service charge, not even a peppercorn rent.  This is done to preserve the character and integrity of the original Garden City philosophy and design principles and I think it's worked rather well.  The heritage lot are, by all accounts, very easy to deal with too.

Anyway, I only mumble this here in case anyone's as interested as I am.  But yes - bollocks to paying some shithawks £2000 a year to park your own house there.

Car boot sales definitely seem to bring out the absolute worst people of society 

First of all I overheard a bit* of commotion that had gradually escalated to "I'm going to f*cking hit you in a minute you c*nt, now f*ck off" - 

What exactly were they (2 buyers) fighting over, might you ask? 

A fecking DVD player. 🤣

Then on my way out there was a gobshite giving one of the marshals a load of crap because he wanted to re-enter but didn't want them to stamp his hand... They quite rightly gave him 2 options - take the stamp and re-enter for free, or pay again. He wouldn't let it go, while reluctantly allowing them to stamp his hand anyway...