What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

11 hours ago, Rustybullethole said:

Thought this was a proper fuckabout though two and a half weeks in I can see the attraction. 
91118A6C-1545-42FE-A9C6-7B70F474579B.thumb.jpeg.2aa5a3756c421a16b06e6ad088bfa1db.jpeg

Am not quite Eric Baristo though am enjoying the challenge of making something drinkable. Might drag my old cheap version out when I get home.

I make do with these, have yet to be dragged into the 20th century.

IMG_20221201_105120520_HDR.jpg

stuff spotted

first thing from dieppe on way out 

309!!!!1111!11!!!

still few 205s one c15

no mk1 twingos saw a mk2 tho

no peasant vehicles of the local makers yet :D

no using the toll ftw even going cross cuntry was only 15 mins more and i happened to knock 5 mins off that - never come across to here from dieppe before

Made sure to get into the neighbourhood spirit and put the outdoor decorations up today.

1133185742_Festive2.gif.9bb3316c47753fe8a5d40117e8649e4f.gif

Battery powered LEDs, great stuff.  The little function selector box slots neatly into the coin cubby in the dash.  Obviously, don't drive around with them all flashing like that.

Passed my CBT for the third consecutive time today…. Instructor who is a friend has told me it’s time to go DAS and stop fucking around so booked in for Spring!

I suspect a roffle foot the pcx125 will be happening in Feb as I have purchased a 1981 AR125 to practice on gears again 🤡

2 hours ago, S2000 said:

Passed my CBT for the third consecutive time today…. Instructor who is a friend has told me it’s time to go DAS and stop fucking around so booked in for Spring!

I suspect a roffle foot the pcx125 will be happening in Feb as I have purchased a 1981 AR125 to practice on gears again 🤡

I passed a bike test in 1978, it was a bloke in a brown flared suit watching me with a clipboard, ticking boxes as I rode round the block 

44 years on I'm fully licenced to kill myself on whichever 1000cc of death I like the look of 

3 hours ago, vulgalour said:

Made sure to get into the neighbourhood spirit and put the outdoor decorations up today.

Battery powered LEDs, great stuff.  The little function selector box slots neatly into the coin cubby in the dash.  Obviously, don't drive around with them all flashing like that.

After Xmas , you could sell the control box to Liverpool council to run the city's traffic lights , it can't do any worse !! 

On 12/3/2022 at 4:44 PM, vulgalour said:

There was an E Class Mercedes abandoned in a front garden just up the road from us. That got lights put on it for a couple of Christmases. It got moved about 18 months ago. I last saw it looking even more abandoned behind some garages nearby. Made me a bit sad. I'd enquired about buying it, but no interest. 

I know they're something that usually are more a cause for being grumpy than happy, but a nod to Hagerty Insurance again.

Just swapped cover from the Cavalier to the R25 and it took us a grand total of 7 minutes on the phone.  Absolute picture of efficiency and the guy on the phone was polite and cheerful enough.

Complete contrast to trying to adjust the mileage on the Caddy which is with a mainstream provider which took me nearly half an hour of bashing my head against the nearest wall.