What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

19 hours ago, Andyrew said:

Okay, there's one perk to having to remain indoors ,

A Strong cheddar and raw onion sandwich. 

Its Been many a year since I last had one and it too requires isolation and distancing from others after consumption for at least 48hrs. 

There was a bloke that worked for me about ten years ago that used to eat raw garlic. Terrible going anywhere in the van with him.

Car multi cover insurance renewal due today , so why the grin when your paying out money? Well i rang the renewal hotline went through the details.

Do you have any other insurance with us he asked,umm i think home insurance,I'll just check he says oh yes you do.So he gave me a £34  discount for both cars so £68,off bringing the cost for both to just over £500..

No traffic means I can block the road with gay abandon to sort out my big logs:

bi3OoG6.jpg

Came from the felling of the monster beech tree on the right, and the quickest way to cart them for splitting / storing is to hoy them off the bank and chuck them in the LR. Still literally tons to shift.

On 4/12/2020 at 5:35 PM, Roobarb said:

Laughable as only pride was hurt (and a little chod). 

Driving home from work on Friday night (med device company, so on skeleton staff), I came over the bridge onto the island I live on. 
Weirdly, just to my right as I came over the bridge, there is this huge explosion of water followed by a similarly huge tidal wave. Took me a second to realize that some guy in his car, came flying around the corner (30mph limit) and saw a stopped car in front of him, took to my side of the street, lost control and dropped into the lake!

AE85CA84-C14C-43F9-B354-EF1DF59191A4.thumb.jpeg.aa4096a0e270caf2ddabef736c536452.jpeg

I pulled over to check the driver was okay. Ran over there to his now floating car. I could see him struggle with the door but I shouted not to open it and to wind the window down. 
‘You okay?’

’Shit! Shit, shit, shit!’

’You okay...?’

’Er... yeah, I think so’

’You must have been hacking on there’

‘Er, no... I think it was the summer tyres’ (Quick thinking there by Mr Amazed)

At which point a boat that was in the bay started powering over to him. I turned around and left, snapping these quick pics on the way.

8ED970A1-C03D-480E-A037-4F5CF85B1B2E.thumb.jpeg.a9b4eaa16e72d67cc4d3bd45a36020fe.jpeg

I have to say, his troublesome ‘summer tyres’ probably have flat spots on them now! 30mph my arse!!!

here he is on his Polish vacation

11 hours ago, chodweaver said:

Just the bad breath, or did he have some other odd habits too?...c449c5ed88610ec6347dfa00548f359f.jpg

Sent from my BV6000 using Tapatalk

He was fecking useless at everything to. I had a two year old 2005 fiat ducato at the time. I asked him to drive so I could eat my chinese. I looked up at we were flying through these bends (60 limit) jostling us about.

I asked him why the fuck are you going so fast!! His reply was 'We're only doing 30'.

He was looking at the fecking rev counter!!

1 minute ago, gm said:

that looks like a fun venture - how does it work ? 

Its the normal Kirby Suds-O-Gun, but I raided the bathroom for bubble bath so it doesn't fuck their skin up. Infact I've just got a few bottles down now. All left over from when amy moved out

IMG_20200414_171027.thumb.jpg.c1fc96c56d013141a9146d46b81f2bef.jpg

And I may have dug the hose out for my Heritage 2 so they can have one each tomorrow... 

IMG_20200414_171615.thumb.jpg.da1b1636b877b2782914eff9128a7710.jpg

Gonna be very anti-social but very fun! I've also got firm plans in my head for a massive upgrade in the summer but I'll keep quiet on that for now

20200414_181957.thumb.jpg.94d0b299267d85d8ac18ed4b63ecf9e4.jpg

I aquired an 80's Adria caravan last year and spied this equally 80's all singing all dancing Sharp RG9500 screwed to a cupboard inside it.

After a quick clean up i wired it up on to a battery charger and the radio works just fine but the tape side of things is a bit on the slow/distorted side.

20200414_182008.thumb.jpg.ba7717e18fa3bdc68cbbd78eacbd28a4.jpg

Also in the van were these 30w speakers with built in tweeters that can be swivelled around by rotating a thumb wheel.

80's coolness or what.

And while i was scratch arsing about for things to occupy me i re found a pool ball gear knob i bought from a lad off here a few years back.

I got it for my Subaru but it didn't feel right so i put it somewhere safe and i found it again today and it fits my old Hiace just right.

20200414_162240.thumb.jpg.100f60f57acd6cbe7a6c57925d126f77.jpg

21 minutes ago, Timewaster said:

Quest are showing the first series of Wheeler Dealers. 

Ed looks about 12 and Mike isn't even close to being slim

Better still, they bought a reasonable mk1 Golf Gti for £650!

these are the wrong alloys (steels)

gearboxes are problem on early volkswagens (golf had been out 30 years - beetle in uk 57)

theyve always needed to sack the researchers or at least the script people - annoys me

Just now, Austat said:

Just beat me too it. From what I heard the guy survived with non-life threatening injuries, he was drunk as well.

If he'd been sober he'd be dead , watched a few of those police chase videos from helicopters in the US over the years, amazing how many of them get T boned at a junction while doing 60 then you see the driver run off