What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Well I was going to post in the grumpy old man thread about not being able to go to the NEC this weekend, but the amount of shite I have seen in Basingstoke lately has made me pretty happy! Also, I do enjoy winter, the rain went away at 12 today and it really brightened up, into a pleasent (but cold) day.

I was just coming out of Screwfix up to the roadabout when i saw the most amazing Mk 3 Cortina 2000E, It was being driven by Sid and Vera and was complete with the AA badge on the front grill and a local number plate (NJN ***P), It was mint and was painted in this really nice Royal Blue colour.

I took chase but got stuck at every traffic light and roundabout there was and lost them in the traffic, I'm gutted!, It was the last thing I expected to see in all this rain. :mrgreen:

I was just coming out of Screwfix up to the roadabout when i saw the most amazing Mk 3 Cortina 2000E, It was being driven by Sid and Vera and was complete with the AA badge on the front grill and a local number plate (NJN ***P), It was mint and was painted in this really nice Royal Blue colour.

I took chase but got stuck at every traffic light and roundabout there was and lost them in the traffic, I'm gutted!, It was the last thing I expected to see in all this rain. :mrgreen:

Okay that is scarily similar to what happened to me yesterday?! Whats bringing out all the old Fords?

Just got one of these for the long-haired CO:

DSC01056.jpg

Forgive my ludditeness, but what exactly is that thing? I quite like the look of it, and looks good value too - I might ask Santa to get me one.

It's a Samsung ePC - a sort of mini laptop running a basic version of Windows and internet ready. A lad on my course at Uni has one and I'm quite impressed with it. The battery seems to last an age compared to the lumbering pile of wank currently powering my laptop.

In fact, yours is identical to my mate's in all but colour. Wait, that sounds SO wrong. :shock: His was about £200 nearly new.

I might get one as a riposte to the rich kid MacBook Pro mafia that seem to be everywhere at Uni these days. 'I'm so skint' one of them says, 'I've spent £1100 on a MacBook' (the same girl has a fully loaded '10 plate Qashqai).

Fuck me, that's an expensive way of taking notes in a lecture. My method costs me about £2.30 a time (with fags and pen) and I get to spend a bit of my loan on a bished Dutch fusebox to smoke about in.

Guest Leonard Hatred
Just got one of these for the long-haired CO:

DSC01056.jpg

Forgive my ludditeness, but what exactly is that thing? I quite like the look of it, and looks good value too - I might ask Santa to get me one.

It's a Samsung ePC - a sort of mini laptop running a basic version of Windows and internet ready. A lad on my course at Uni has one and I'm quite impressed with it. The battery seems to last an age compared to the lumbering pile of wank currently powering my laptop.

In fact, yours is identical to my mate's in all but colour. Wait, that sounds SO wrong. :shock: His was about £200 nearly new.

I might get one as a riposte to the rich kid MacBook Pro mafia that seem to be everywhere at Uni these days. 'I'm so skint' one of them says, 'I've spent £1100 on a MacBook' (the same girl has a fully loaded '10 plate Qashqai).

Fuck me, that's an expensive way of taking notes in a lecture. My method costs me about £2.30 a time (with fags and pen) and I get to spend a bit of my loan on a bished Dutch fusebox to smoke about in.

Where did you get your tartan tablecloth?

Tartan tablecloth is in fact a £4 from a petrol station car rug, on the bed in my spare room.

That wee netbook will spell the end of my sex life. She was still sitting up in bed surfing the internet when I fell asleep last night.

Idly surfing the interweb this evening I have a look at HHV Ferry as apart from old cars I 'do' old ships and ferries too. Pleasing to see that this old Autoshite thread gets a mention.

Spent a pleasant few minutes rereading stuff from two and a half years ago and also made me wonder, where IS RegieRitmo these days?

Students.

Had the pleasure of watching the shouty youth of today placard-waving their way down Whitehall during my lunchbreak (my current site is off Whitehall).

What they did next is very encouraging.

And

That will fill my day tomorrow while I watch concrete set (srsly).

Considering your location, can you make sure none of the shower of coalition cunts can escape from said setting concrete? K THKS BYE.