What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

First a not-grin.  Dropped my door key yesterday, somewhere.  Texted my son to leave his in the car and I would collect and have it copied today.  He called on his way from work and his key didn't work, a bad copy presumably.

Texted daughter at work for her key. She came back with me to try it as she wasn't sure which one it was.  Located the right one and took the lock and key to the locksmith who said it would be cheaper to buy a new lock with eight keys than replace the lost one and any that didn't work, needed two more anyway.

The grin is that she was asking things about the Mazda and I said as we were getting out i checked the time on my phone to compare with the car clock, I had never been able to set it, it was always wrong and my son had a theory that it started at one of two times when the car was started.

She then poked a couple of buttons and set the right time, restarting the car proved my son wrong as it is working fine.

Had looked in the handbook, no help there, also looked on YouTube and nothing there of any use either.

The buttons she used are invisible from the driver's seat as the phone holder obscures it.

There is a 'clock' button on the steering wheel that does nothing at all that I can see.

Edit:  After fitting the new lock, had a text from my son when he came from work at 07:00 this morning, my key was on his drive, must have fallen from my pocket as I took my car key out.

Typical.

When you sell a car related item on eBay and look up the buyers address on street view and find the same make and model in the drive.

1 hour ago, Tayne said:

When you sell a car related item on eBay and look up the buyers address on street view and find the same make and model in the drive.

...and think the BIN should have been much higher

I see the BBC News are leading with Scotland's secret weapon for the summer frolics:
image.png.dcc320409cda7ff9f0e22d50c07a4268.png

I really love* a good bagpipe ............

3 hours ago, EyesWeldedShut said:

I see the BBC News are leading with Scotland's secret weapon for the summer frolics:

Hopefully it will drown out the whining about England’s easy draw. 

5 hours ago, EyesWeldedShut said:

Jesus, surely should be in the grumpy thread. The noise those things make is fuckin hateful, even in the hands of an expert they still manage to sound shit. It’ll be like them fuckin vuvuzala’s all over again

43 minutes ago, rattlecan said:

Jesus, surely should be in the grumpy thread. The noise those things make is fuckin hateful, even in the hands of an expert they still manage to sound shit. It’ll be like them fuckin vuvuzala’s all over again

Once went to my son’s school concert and the school’s pipe band played a couple of tunes. TBF they were reasonably proficient for youngsters but this was INDOORS ffs! Luckily there were only 6 pipers.

9 minutes ago, Matty said:

Ah come on lads, no need. I hate him, @rattlecan likes him. No issue need arise. I bet we don't like the same cans of lager either 😄

Yes correct, just light hearted banter & last I heard democracy btw just deleted, can’t be arsed with it 😀

On a separate subject i.e (the title of the thread, what makes you grin) is my humongous log burner when it’s snowing outside 🔥😀

27 minutes ago, hairnet said:

omg sno kaos

err no it hasnt (not here anyway)

high up yes but OMG from the media again

Makes me laugh when I read heavy snow to hit Britain then you dig a bit deeper to find out if you're ½ way up Ben Nevis you're in trouble but other than that you'll be fine 

39 minutes ago, hairnet said:

omg sno kaos

Yup, the snow and ice warnings for North Wales were a bit OTT. Sure, the tops are white again but it didn't get below 2 degrees in the valleys so has just rained all day.

1 hour ago, hairnet said:

omg sno kaos

We just have heavy rain here 😢

5 hours ago, Wack said:

Makes me laugh when I read heavy snow to hit Britain then you dig a bit deeper to find out if you're ½ way up Ben Nevis you're in trouble but other than that you'll be fine 

Virtually every week since the beginning of November the media has been reporting “Artic blast to hit Britain “next week. We’ve had bits and pieces in Southern Scotland but not more than a covering of snow (1cm max) before it’s returns to rain and disappeared in a few hours. 
There was some (fairly localised) snow in the Lake District before Christmas that caused some chaos because people went to see it. So you had summer levels of traffic there on slippery roads. Roads were blocked by a few crashed and abandoned vehicles rather than the amount of snow. People were saying they’d never seen so much snow , (there was about 15cm in at low levels ) . Complete bollocks but they can’t remember anything more than a few weeks ago unless it’s reality TV.

• Agree 3

With thanks to @AxWomble and @CaptainBoom the Mrs has commuted to work in her new wip and very happy with it she is too. Note to all who buy the partners cars; set the bar low. 

Small improvements have started. Colour coded gaffer tape to retain the classy looks.

IMG_9151.thumb.jpeg.55f327c88867467276cea0f3b0584142.jpeg

Also making me smile this morning; Porridge to go with cherrys

6A61E268-70F2-47C7-96F1-380CCD3F266E.thumb.jpeg.8dcf6656a5387b50d83ca080752f213a.jpeg

And warm and dry office shoes;

IMG_9155.thumb.jpeg.0a8702019d4990e27365d82db0f03eb7.jpeg

4 minutes ago, DavieW said:

The car or the partner?  🤣

😂 Did mean car though guess works for both dependant on if you're the type who likes to upgrade. 

20 hours ago, Sunny Jim said:

Yup, the snow and ice warnings for North Wales were a bit OTT. Sure, the tops are white again but it didn't get below 2 degrees in the valleys so has just rained all day.

Yesterday, I had 2 roofers fixing my little leak, whilst it was snowing. It wasn't urgent. But it's done now. 

• Like 2

Lol at houston

Im sat 100ft from the gate and went.to get a drink of water from the fountain

Came back and fheress a chap and.miaaus.and daughter and hes asking her wheres d16 hes looking it up on his phone but as tou come.from security

It says all D then after a travelator there 1-10 left 11-16 right and tou couldnt not miss the sign

Evem i know where im going and.ive.never transited thru here only out the front door and off :D

im tired needed a lol

two hour wait for a 14 hour flight to auckland

45 minutes ago, hairnet said:

Also @PhilA

In ur timezoneZ

No cool cars to see tho

Screenshot_2024-02-09-16-54-55-859_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg

Last few hurricanes got rid of all the interesting chod.

All new blobmobiles now.

• Sad 3