The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

54 minutes ago, SiC said:

How does a tailgate even get rusty like this?

Ask Mercedes, every S210 in existence is rusty in that spot.

On 18/11/2023 at 12:45, vulgalour said:

Automated online thing for the appeal so I've submitted that with a photo of the car being lifted on to the recovery truck that also shows the recovery company's details on the side. 

Submitted the appeal for the parking infringement when I broke down quite a while ago now.  Is it normal for it to take a long time or do they just sort of not tell you if the appeal is accepted?

On 06/12/2023 at 15:47, cort1977 said:

That's the problem with the whole country frankly.  When did we decide to let insurers and lawyers run our lives?

Apologies, I'm getting on my soapbox already.

Where’s there’s blame , there’s a claim! American culture taking over .

I took 3 days of annual leave because work has been getting to me a bit.

So I went to Upullit this morning to see if I could get a cupholder for the Audi A4

Who knew that an Avant dash and cuphlder are totally different. Who also knew that a Seat Exeo had a convertible dash in it!  So I came away with two.

What hit the floor all 3 times I removed each one turns out to be a big rolled up spring that makes it pop out. Thankfully I saved the one from my car but I couldn't work out how it goes back in so the cup holder doesn't pop out for now. Better than a scabby hole in the dash though.

20231208_132201.thumb.jpg.cd0a9ce8bb446d316bf377f597c70df7.jpg

I got some seat bolts as well in case I bugger up the ones I take out when replacing the base tomorrow. I'll need to get the right splined bits today though.

I also got a new sharkfin for the Saab as my reception is shite. See if that makes a difference.

A fiver all in!

• Like 12

Took the ex @83C Fabia for an MOT today

Screenshot_20231208-162425.thumb.jpg.992e9d4b41fe104036b0e883d1d63409.jpg

Not too bad. Mechanic advised that the NSR coil spring didn't look too clever either so authorised replacing the pair. Unfortunately they can't get the springs before Monday and my car's in bits on the ramp so they dropped off a loan car for me to use. They're a good local indy and I'm grateful they didn't leave me (working/road legal) car-less over the weekend.

IMG_20231208_161735.thumb.jpg.43248aeaa9766ca76ff81a247e74b434.jpg

• Like 6

Changed over the door mechanism on the mondeo, quite simple to do, checked all worked before refitting door card etc... was ok, then once refitted bloody window went down and not return up, arrrgh had to strip it down and found multiplug on motor not fully 'clicked' on

IMG-20231208-WA0003.jpeg

IMG-20231208-WA0005.jpeg

IMG-20231208-WA0007.jpeg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Sunny Jim said:

Took the ex @83C Fabia for an MOT today

Screenshot_20231208-162425.thumb.jpg.992e9d4b41fe104036b0e883d1d63409.jpg

Not too bad. Mechanic advised that the NSR coil spring didn't look too clever either so authorised replacing the pair. Unfortunately they can't get the springs before Monday and my car's in bits on the ramp so they dropped off a loan car for me to use. They're a good local indy and I'm grateful they didn't leave me (working/road legal) car-less over the weekend.

IMG_20231208_161735.thumb.jpg.43248aeaa9766ca76ff81a247e74b434.jpg

Forgot you had the 480 still! 

I hope the gold 90s Lexus LS I saw at the side of the M6 southbound at J18 this afternoon with a... let's call it severe case of positive camber on one of the front wheels wasn't someone of this parish.

My lovely Connie SE passed its test today with advisories rather than a fail for its back box. It's booked in for a powerflow replacement next Friday,  so that'll be sorted.

• Like 9

Took a trip to my local scrappy today for a rear view mirror for the T5. Completely pointless as a mirror but I missed having somewhere to hang my air freshener 😂 and the screen had the mounting bracket so I picked a mirror up from a Golf.

Couple of my favourites, this yard is primarily absolute chod. AS day out type quality. 

IMG_2363.jpeg

IMG_2365.jpeg

IMG_2366.jpeg

IMG_2367.jpeg

IMG_2369.jpeg

8 hours ago, Nyphur said:

Bought a cheap night vision camcorder off AliExpress. Its paying for itself already - a must have in the aspiring shite spotter's arsenal. Look at this hot tamale.

ezgif-4-d2d8487b80.gif.0e447818a3931ea27df782bfc0f4623b.gif

I expect your next For Sale advert to have stills from your new camcorder and taken at least 200 feet away.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just had a minor panic attack after posting this, as it just occurred to me we bought a vivarium from the local exotics place recently and thought 'What if its a real one thats come in with stuff from there?' but there are definitely no red markings on there, just some beige ones. 😂 

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, JJ0063 said:

Took a trip to my local scrappy today for a rear view mirror for the T5. Completely pointless as a mirror but I missed having somewhere to hang my air freshener 😂 and the screen had the mounting bracket so I picked a mirror up from a Golf.

Couple of my favourites, this yard is primarily absolute chod. AS day out type quality. 

IMG_2363.jpeg

IMG_2365.jpeg

IMG_2366.jpeg

IMG_2367.jpeg

IMG_2369.jpeg

Whereabouts is that?

Done.

If anyone has a damaged seat and is thinking of just changing out the affected section, do not do this. Buy the whole seat. This was the worst and most foutery job I have ever done. It literally broke me this afternoon. 

Once I finally finished it, I just humfed what is the heaviest seat in the world in to the car and left it for the evening, I'll install it tomorrow.

Looks nice though.

20231209_161802.jpg

8 hours ago, HillmanImp said:

Is this a false widow spider I just found with a substantial nest under my sofa? 

PXL_20231209_103814322.thumb.jpg.6f2a0b2bbc983e606bffc563fdbb05a6.jpg

PXL_20231209_1029446272.thumb.jpg.3180df5ea3fb8844ab365128689e2363.jpg

I've never seen one before. 

There needs to be a scared button on here as Jesus Christ that would have shit me up in real life

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Split_Pin said:

Done.

If anyone has a damaged seat and is thinking of just changing out the affected section, do not do this. Buy the whole seat. This was the worst and most foutery job I have ever done. It literally broke me this afternoon. 

Once I finally finished it, I just humfed what is the heaviest seat in the world in to the car and left it for the evening, I'll install it tomorrow.

Looks nice though.

20231209_161802.jpg

Glad we never got round to it!!

48 minutes ago, Split_Pin said:

Done.

Looks nice though.

20231209_161802.jpg

Definitely was a pita on the Senator, very much manageable on a BMW E38 or E39 (so anything else BMW +-10 years) though if you've done it once before.

Big winds… not so great when you’ve got three cars under covers on the drive!

2 out of 3 had made a bid for freedom when we got home. Some emergency repositioning and securing with ropes means they’re all still there! 

47 minutes ago, brownnova said:

Big winds… not so great when you’ve got three cars under covers on the drive!

2 out of 3 had made a bid for freedom when we got home. Some emergency repositioning and securing with ropes means they’re all still there! 

I know 2CVs are light, but didn't realise quite light enough to blow away in a strong wind!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Split_Pin said:

Done.

Looks nice though.

20231209_161802.jpg

Glad you said that as I have pondered about replacing just the heat mat on the TT seat rather than the whole thing!

9 hours ago, HillmanImp said:

Is this a false widow spider I just found with a substantial nest under my sofa? 

PXL_20231209_103814322.thumb.jpg.6f2a0b2bbc983e606bffc563fdbb05a6.jpg

PXL_20231209_1029446272.thumb.jpg.3180df5ea3fb8844ab365128689e2363.jpg

I've never seen one before. 

Could be. I found a similar one in a cupboard a couple of years ago.