The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

15 hours ago, Ghosty said:

Nobody will be surprised by this: 

PXL_20231201_205412250.thumb.jpg.91945fc9de95eda3153389835eea249e.jpg

PXL_20231201_205421673.thumb.jpg.4cdbd2cc9e1ff724aa252011fe26eebd.jpg

1.5 VTEC, auto, 58k. Very nice drive, just needs one or two small bits. 

Paid 995, lucky Marketplace find. 

My mum had a manual one of them new back in the day. Felt blisteringly quick when VTEC kicked in. Probably wasn't in hindsight but just when you're 9yrs old in 1997 stuff like that felt quick. 

32 minutes ago, SiC said:

My mum had a manual one of them new back in the day. Felt blisteringly quick when VTEC kicked in. Probably wasn't in hindsight but just when you're 9yrs old in 1997 stuff like that felt quick. 

My MiL’s  neighbour , pensioner , had one too. Drove  it typical pensioner style, everywhere at 25 mph but when manoeuvring,  max rev , minimum clutch with an overpowering smell of burning clutch linings.

So putting it into his garage was well into VTEC territory but to our great surprise , he never managed to end up through the back of his garage.

1 hour ago, vulgalour said:

Looks like you win this round.

Audi_100_C2_rear_20101120.thumb.jpg.ed658f10cc8ba9ec706562eae6999ea5.jpg

I'm guessing it's Audi's answer to the Santana?

First thought as others was Fiat 130 Coupe then Audi 80 and eventually 100/200. I wonder if the C2 lift back 100 had the same lamp or a slightly different version of it, may be "Rare Ebay item"!

3 hours ago, SiC said:

My very first car was a '97 1.4, the one Honda put restrictor plates on to reduce output from 90 to 75hp. I was very disappointed to learn that someone already removed it before me... Had to sell it because the fuel lines were starting to leak, it was so rotten. Still drove it like that for weeks lol. Was exported to Africa shortly after as most of them would.

16 minutes ago, Schaefft said:

My very first car was a '97 1.4, the one Honda put restrictor plates on to reduce output from 90 to 75hp.

mine too, I loved that little car

image.png.b5de0f6e797a1fbc384c39058314de68.png

I didn't know about the restrictor, although looking at the bodykit mine had fitted, I'd guess a previous owner would have removed it already :) 

6 minutes ago, Dyslexic Viking said:

Why not?

He got out and got some exercise and probably had fun while doing it.

Maybe somebody that upset him makes up part of the 100kg payload? 
Cunning plan - by the time it melts and Taggart gets called in, he's miles away (plus. no fingerprints.......)

10 hours ago, High Jetter said:

FFS, why?

It is now at the top of the local hill, resting on the smaller snowball ready to wreak havoc upon the Halfords below who refused to swap his 1day out of warranty battery......  He just needs his specially trained labrador to remember the right olace to cock a leg..... 

He's off to establish his Costa Coffee alibi 

Today Halfords - tomorrow the world...... 

4 minutes ago, Back_For_More said:

It is now at the top of the local hill, resting on the smaller snowball ready to wreak havoc upon the Halfords below who refused to swap his 1day out of warranty battery......  He just needs his specially trained labrador to remember the right olace to cock a leg..... 

He's off to establish his Costa Coffee alibi 

Today Halfords - tomorrow the world...... 

I was just about to say, it's only a job half done - it needs rolling down the nearest hill now that it's hit critical mass.

FIL's Vitara decided to do a FTP while in traffic after a dual carriageway run. RAC eventually dragged it to mine at about 10pm after it broke down at lunchtime. 

Left the battery charging yesterday then tried it this morning - fired up and ran a bit choppily but sorted itself out as it warmed up.

Seemed to be a lot of water vapour from the exhaust and it smells really odd, took it around the block and all seemed well. Turned it off while I was sorting out something else and now it won't restart, just spins over! Argh 

I've had an occasional slow crank 3 times in isolated times in the Xsara over the last week or so... It happens if I leave it for weeks at a time which I understand but it did it Sunday after being left overnight in the very_cold and I'd driven 90 miles Saturday... 

Best stash a bit of dough away incase the battery is on the way out, it's now at least 4 years old, possibly older! 

Or it's fine/something else... 🤔🤞

On 06/11/2023 at 16:36, greengartside said:

MOT booked for December 4th at 10am!

And here is December 4th!

IMG_0144.thumb.jpeg.6346bd0868c5080dfc36aa572357a001.jpeg

Not gonna lie, I was pretty restless sleeping last night. I’ve put a few man hours into this thing and like I’ve said previously, I would be gutted if it didn’t pass. Here it is ready for the off. I did have to do a few last minute jobs such as a missing bulb in the number plate light (the contacts had been busted off, probably when Darren fitted his MEGGER LED’Z and removed them for sale). Also a front indicator bulb that had lost most of its orange-ness. Little things like that might just win the MOT tester over.

Anyway, I drove it to the test station - it drove absolutely wonderfully, not a single rattle or knock anywhere.

Let’s hope it was all worth it….

IMG_7180.jpeg.f9f11496d3c5b70dc9606c6b9d347885.jpeg

Our survey says….

IMG_0159.thumb.jpeg.5ead86d65565173e516abb982c8a5d4e.jpeg

ONE PASS!!!! I could not believe it!! The MOT guy said it had been looked after and was “a really nice car”. I just looked on in a state of disbelief and shock. One very happy guy with an equally happy Fiesta, WHAT A FUCKING CHAMP.

IMG_0157.thumb.jpeg.3d8ca7bd7b7b7aaf4e007dcd406e6d78.jpegIMG_0158.thumb.jpeg.9661e50a78a7de3b9f737cfec69f8e6c.jpeg

The fleet together at last! Summer and Winter cars ☺️

Thanks to all of you who’ve liked this little journey blog, she’s good for another 12.

8 hours ago, beko1987 said:

I've had an occasional slow crank 3 times in isolated times in the Xsara over the last week or so... It happens if I leave it for weeks at a time which I understand but it did it Sunday after being left overnight in the very_cold and I'd driven 90 miles Saturday... 

Best stash a bit of dough away incase the battery is on the way out, it's now at least 4 years old, possibly older! 

Or it's fine/something else... 🤔🤞

Sounds like a battery.