The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

30 minutes ago, clayts450 said:

A lot of temporary drivers at Parcelforce at the moment for the Christmas rush, so I suspect it won't have been your usual driver yesterday.

True. Anyway, if I was meant to assume that it would come today then it worked 😊

So, air filter and spark plugs to go in when I get a few minutes.

43 minutes ago, Tim_E said:

Let's hope it's just some soggy item of clothing or something...

Nope, it's definitely the car that's damp rather than anything in it.  Hopefully something simple light a tail light seal.  Xantias aren't usually had for water ingress so there are only a few likely suspects.  At least being a series 1 car it doesn't have the roof mounted rear window washer.  They liked to leak for fun and would make the headlining disintegrate.

18 minutes ago, brownnova said:

I’m sure there was a thread for this but I can’t seem to find it now... but my haven’t you grown! 

991E9B4A-D045-4BE3-BA5D-AF8966852A8D.jpeg

I think the original 1 series track and wheelbase was but a bawhair off an E30.. and you can get a 1 series MK1 with a 3.0...

That modrin wan can GTF though

1 hour ago, loserone said:

I would have a 130i.  Except for the small matter of all those previous owners

I remember reading (I think in the blue forum) someone commenting about how such and such a car was an M3 killer (probably the S80R), the response was that the only things that kill M3s are M3 drivers and the rain.

It tickled me.

3 hours ago, Tim_E said:

I remember reading (I think in the blue forum) someone commenting about how such and such a car was an M3 killer (probably the S80R), the response was that the only things that kill M3s are M3 drivers and the rain.

It tickled me.

The 135i and 145i are a bit notorious for biting hard too. Which explains why so many Cat S examples end up for sale.

620 passed its MoT this morning at the first attempt- the GunGum patch on the exhaust worked a treat:

CO Max 0.30% - reading 0.01% (at fast and normal idle)

HC Max 200ppm -reading 15ppm

Very chuffed indeed. Does need some rust treatment, which I said last year I'd do, but never did.

The benefit of an Autumnal MOT test date is that I can do it over the summer, rather than the colder months. Cheers Boris.

59 minutes ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

Trying one of those Aerotwin flat wipers on the CX, hoping it could cope with the curvature at the side of the windscreen. That looks like a "no" there....

I wonder if it would get pushed onto the screen better once the car is in motion?

57 minutes ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

Trying one of those Aerotwin flat wipers on the CX, hoping it could cope with the curvature at the side of the windscreen. That looks like a "no" there....

IMG-20201031-WA0018.jpeg

are they not too long; if an inch or so shorter would the fit be better?

4 minutes ago, rusty998 said:

I wonder if it would get pushed onto the screen better once the car is in motion?

Doubt it; they are flexible, but not that flexible. 

2 minutes ago, somewhatfoolish said:

are they not too long; if an inch or so shorter would the fit be better?

They are the correct 24 inch. Any shorter would not sweep the top of the screen.