The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

30 minutes ago, Kiltox said:

The Renault mandatory battery lease thing is absolutely bonkers. It’s the only thing stopping me buying a Twizy. 

I know someone who wanted a Zoe but got a Leaf because the monthly payments on the Zoe were so high (i3 level) owing to the GFV being thrupence hapenny and a packet of broken biscuits.

19 minutes ago, Tayne said:

I know someone who wanted a Zoe but got a Leaf because the monthly payments on the Zoe were so high (i3 level) owing to the GFV being thrupence hapenny and a packet of broken biscuits.

As much as that? Fuck me, thru pence hapenny I could believe but a pack of broken biscuits too?  ?

4 hours ago, loserone said:

It's amazing how many people at work tell me they'd have bought a leaf if it were battery lease, because cheaper and batteries are scary

At the end of the day, you choose electric because you want to save money or save the planet.  I guess it's fairly easy to work out the cost per mile if you know how many miles you are going to do and compare lease vs own vs ICE 

If you want to.save the planet, buy a fucking bicycle and use pubic trainsport. 

Buy a modern car they said... it’ll be more reliable they said... 

3F45A434-2D14-46F9-BA07-6089CE110BC8.jpeg

I borrowed the Mrs’ C5 to nip out, booted it to overtake a pensioner doing 28 in a 60. The C5 bogged down went bing bong and threw this up. I had hoped a restart might clear it but no... 

Wish I’d taken the Saab now... 

9 hours ago, Kiltox said:

The Renault mandatory battery lease thing is absolutely bonkers. It’s the only thing stopping me buying a Twizy. 

It's entirely this; because of the shitty lease deal Fluences are about as attractive as a dose of Ebola, whereas if Renault released the batteries from the lease deals(they are well beyond the pay back period anyway and are deep into Kerching! territory) or if they must have a further suck on the teat sell them on a pro-rata depreciation basis, then Fluences would become solid gold electroshite. There's also the issue that you would be waiting until after the heat death of the universe before Renault UK responded to to a warranty claim for a replacement battery.

3F45A434-2D14-46F9-BA07-6089CE110BC8.thumb.jpeg.158aa04c75c783e0c91df01ab7bb3ec6.jpeg
I borrowed the Mrs’ C5 to nip out, booted it to overtake a pensioner doing 28 in a 60. The C5 bogged down went bing bong and threw this up. I had hoped a restart might clear it but no... 
Suggest error codes relating to overboost, dpf etc etc... have you got a cheap ELM327 bluetooth dongle, if not get one..

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

56 minutes ago, brownnova said:

3F45A434-2D14-46F9-BA07-6089CE110BC8.jpeg

There is, however, a pleasing symmetry to the mileometers.

Quick call there the brother in law who dropped this round B0D70A70-658F-4BBB-9D88-5975656A7A4B.jpeg
Code relates to fuel pressure sensor. Now cleared. Let’s see if it recurs. French car forum search suggests a new fuel filter may be in order. 

6 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

There is, however, a pleasing symmetry to the mileometers.

So there is!! 

8 hours ago, BL Bloke said:

Just seen my brother's Fiesta advertised on Facebook. Looks like I won't get a photo of mine and his together after all. ? On the plus side this means that I can try and sell mine so that I can get the Rover back on the road. ?

Is it any good. Daughter wants a Fiesta or Ka 

10 hours ago, brownnova said:

Quick call there the brother in law who dropped this round

B0D70A70-658F-4BBB-9D88-5975656A7A4B.jpeg
Code relates to fuel pressure sensor. Now cleared. Let’s see if it recurs. French car forum search suggests a new fuel filter may be in order. 

So there is!! 

Its probably the fuel filter as you suggest, I had the same issue on the wife's car with a fuel pressure code and a new filter sorted it.

11 hours ago, somewhatfoolish said:

It's entirely this; because of the shitty lease deal Fluences are about as attractive as a dose of Ebola, whereas if Renault released the batteries from the lease deals(they are well beyond the pay back period anyway and are deep into Kerching! territory) or if they must have a further suck on the teat sell them on a pro-rata depreciation basis, then Fluences would become solid gold electroshite. There's also the issue that you would be waiting until after the heat death of the universe before Renault UK responded to to a warranty claim for a replacement battery.

Really, really, realllly *boring vid on why Renault made everything so French, on their sparkkie cars....

*unless you are into YouTube 'forklift motor into my chevvy pick up' ?