Field of Dreams - Camping weekend 8/9/10 September - Mrs 6C has been preparing home made cider @ 7.3% for the campers/non drivers!

Six-cylinder

Funny... I distinctly remember driving it into Winslow and back for takeaways!

I was referring to the "rather grunty" statement

In other news I seem to have a pass out for this one and have access to the special tools for doing the visa head gasket if of interest? What size is the engine in it and how many gears has it?

Just had word that my holiday request for Friday the 8th has been signed off!

What time do you want me on Friday? And is car washing going on or are we sticking to oily bits? Can I bring any tools to help? Don't have anything too specialized, just general amateur spannering type stuffs

We really need to bottom out just what occurred with the head gasket failure, apparently these are a bit prone to warping the head if properly cooked.

That said there is a Visa in a scrappy near to where we had shitefest this year, I will post the pictures I have of it this evening.

We have a timing chain gasket here but no transfer box gasket.

Also recommend a new clutch whilst it's apart and the bush for the primary shaft as they are prone to getting shat out shortly after a clutch change!

We really need to bottom out just what occurred with the head gasket failure, apparently these are a bit prone to warping the head if properly cooked.

That said there is a Visa in a scrappy near to where we had shitefest this year, I will pop the engine out of it this evening and bring it just in case.

Also recommend a new clutch whilst it's apart and the bush for the primary shaft as they are prone to getting shat out shortly after a clutch change!

That said there is a Visa in a scrappy near to where we had shitefest this year, I will post the pictures I have of it this evening.

I can buy some gaskets etc if there is an appetite to work on it.

I agree we might get the engine apart and find it is scrap, but at least we will know then.

We had to make a couple of gaskets that I could not find for the LNA and I still have a sheet of gasket paper.

Do you have a bush or have any idea what the part number is?

post-4787-0-77839300-1504189943_thumb.jpg

Could any of the shiters who plan to attend show me how to use (and ideally let me borrow) a hammer and dolly to see if I can't beat out some rear valence modification a previous owner of the Yaris inflicted? I plan to come up to see you on Saturday just for the day if thats OK?

engine strip and HG replacement sounds fun Mr-Cylinder.