100% veg oil in minus conditions

overrun

Here's a thought, (anyone tried it?) how about a low-pressure 12v inline fuel pump, close to the fuel tank?

It might help with lifting your gloop and pushing it through the filters, reducing the suction forces on the upstream side of the injection pump. Daft idea?

Works a treat in my old Shogun ( pretty sure its got a Japanese copy of a Bosch pump on it so that helps )

Try not to take the p too much though, bunny hopping down the road then cutting out at 7 am in the frost and dark is never worth the cost saving so I run mostly diesel in the winter, its not worth the aggro but the first few cold days of winter often catch me out with a full tank of chip fat!

In all my years of running waste oil ( not just veg oil, but hydraulic oil, old gearbox, PAS fluid or whatever I have never killed a Bosch pump. Made a few leaky Lucas ones though, but they never stopped working! 

4 or 5 metres of fresh 8mm I/D fuel pipe from the tank, and half a dozen jubiles is a lot cheaper than mixing with derv. As LP said, mixing with pez is more effective anyway.

Overrun, we shall speak when we meet

What do you know about all this anyway? Noob! :D

Cheers all, after writing this, I took a <3K RPM trundle to the fuel station, a mile away and wanged in £20 of derv. Although I will be looking into using petrol.

What surprised me about this car is that it was happy. Not like some of the shit I have ran on 100% SVO in daft temps in the past, that would cut out and bog down, sound like they were running on 2 when warming up etc! So it is fairly tolerant, but I shall repay that by not taking the piss out of it.

Interesting that the 12v fuel filter heaters are useless. Are they still useless at extreme weather on normal derv? Cause I know the 1.9 ctdi diesel Saab 9-3 I had definitely had a fuel heater in the filter.

The on Disco2s was meant to be quite good for veg back when I was into 4x4s.

What do you know about all this anyway? Noob! :D

Cheers all, after writing this, I took a <3K RPM trundle to the fuel station, a mile away and wanged in £20 of derv. Although I will be looking into using petrol.

What surprised me about this car is that it was happy. Not like some of the shit I have ran on 100% SVO in daft temps in the past, that would cut out and bog down, sound like they were running on 2 when warming up etc! So it is fairly tolerant, but I shall repay that by not taking the piss out of it.

Did I dream it or are the pumps and injectors off a 290td of reasonable desirability and value to people to US tuners for an om603/6? (if my memory serves the price would surprise you)