200,000 milers.

solid61

Guest bangerfan101

I helped strip a Nissan bluebird for racing a few years ago that was an ex minicab. It was showing 430k but the speedo had long since broken.

We must have liberated about 30 quid in manky change when we took the carpet out too. Result

There was a Passat on auto trader the other month with well over 900k on the clock, I almost bought it for that alone.

There is a certain allure about cars with really really high mileage isn't there? Imagine how satisfying it would be to push a car over the million.

Here's the highest mileage car I've found for sale after a bit of searching. Auto Trader used to be good at sorting high milers but it only goes 'up to 200,000' now.

285,000 miles, ONE OWNER and a pretty decent MOT history too as it didn't fail one until 270k.

$_57.JPG

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152030734809

Never had a high miler. I 'nearly' had a BMW 635 (yes, another one) when I had a horrible Sierra, the guy wanted to swap. That had over 200.000 on the clock, I seem to recall 285.000. I passed.

To be honest, apart from being a bit tappety it seemed fine.

Not afraid of them as such, just never had one.

The Octavia's nearly there at 189,500, I think it should have a way to go yet, feels like it's done a fraction of that.  To prove this, I found a very similar, albeit lower-spec 1.9D 56-plate Octavia on eBay recently being sold by a dealer, looked tidy enough and he wanted £750, might have been a bit steep as he's now relisted it at £595...389,000 miles!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Skoda-Octavia-1-9TDI-PD-Classic-NEW-MOT-GREAT-EXAMPLE-/322048407563?hash=item4afb94b80b:g:eZYAAOSwxvxW8V4P

No pictures of the interior, I suspect it is probably a little on the worn side.

In all my driving career I've never taken a car passed 100k. I don't recall ever owning a car that's done over a 100k either.

My company cars tend to go back at the mid 80k mark. I've just checked all my old company cars and all are still on the road but highest mileage was an astra estate that's at 150k mark now.

The nearest I ever got was an anglia estate that I took to about 98k from memory. It appeared on ebay many years later saying it had 30k genuine (yeah rite).

I feel like I'm missing out !!!

Here's the highest mileage car I've found for sale after a bit of searching. Auto Trader used to be good at sorting high milers but it only goes 'up to 200,000' now.

285,000 miles, ONE OWNER and a pretty decent MOT history too as it didn't fail one until 270k.

$_57.JPG

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152030734809

If you want over 200,000 milers on Autotrader try searching E- classes, I put up to 8 Years old in and there were 8 on the first page. There's still a big market for 2/3 even 400k Mercs, I sold an 04 e220

With 300k on it a couple of years ago, I put it up for £3.5k and could have sold it 20 times over.

My current E280 has done 185,000 and could easily lose 100,000 without anyone noticing, nothing is visibly worn, not even the steering wheel,brake pedal rubber or seat edge( and I'm a fat fucker).