The Bikeshite Thread

warren t claim

Weather's nice, I'll go out on the RD...

May be an image of motorcycle, outdoors, brick wall and text that says "50 YAMAHA"

...for about a mile of it running like shit again, FFS. The carb has had more baths than Cleopatra, the petrol couldn't be cleaner if you polished it and the jets have been changed which apparently made it work properly. Except it doesn't and it definitely seems fuel related. 

Took the Royal Alloy TG300S out today Home>Stratford/A>Burton>Matlock Bath [lunch]>Buxton>Cat and Fiddle>Macclesfield>Stone>Home. 380 miles in all and it ran well. Averaged 95mpg. Was great up the C&F, perfect for the 50mph limit. 

Saw 96F on the dash when i stopped in Macclesfield.

On 8/10/2022 at 6:40 PM, Cavcraft said:

Weather's nice, I'll go out on the RD...

May be an image of motorcycle, outdoors, brick wall and text that says "50 YAMAHA"

...for about a mile of it running like shit again, FFS. The carb has had more baths than Cleopatra, the petrol couldn't be cleaner if you polished it and the jets have been changed which apparently made it work properly. Except it doesn't and it definitely seems fuel related. 

Looks tidy though. Hope you get it sorted 

Off to pic up the bm from mid France Sunday. Shame it’ll be in the van though looking forward to getting the bike back and fettled into working order again. 
Here’s the gs in pre adventure early doors meet up mode. I was there first, which is a first. Felt it may be a bad omen at the time.

DB3017B3-BA52-4515-99EF-6F6031744717.thumb.jpeg.cf34612fdef8fb3837c68c7ebc3e9728.jpeg

All ended here.

F9707E29-FB54-4AEE-8C53-56FB01AF368B.thumb.jpeg.0ab9d19558939e557e2ea4f85f69d1de.jpeg

After a tow resulting in a bit of this. 
A5DB0CFC-BD1A-481F-A186-C7A0F7D3A846.thumb.jpeg.45ec771adcd70af2c8d461c16e812f69.jpeg

And this

8B077F7D-9198-40CC-AC6C-932D219EB24E.thumb.jpeg.9a7d0ad7b99c4cef3c1a3115858b143f.jpeg

Had a lazy pillion lift home 

A74A4CA1-F881-44A2-8D33-B469F81B6856.thumb.jpeg.89b7a98d2404d59ca2a455e7474fb513.jpeg

And dumped the gs here

1E063D20-BBF4-499C-BF16-EA459C7D44AB.thumb.jpeg.82ca12bc4f4210a5097b3066068638a3.jpeg

Spares rt soon to be liberated of its gearbox. Am slowly getting more space in the lock up as parts get donated to the gs. 

Can't stand sitting about doing nothing, so fixed (again) the o/s/r indicator on the Scomadi. There's a stupidly long wire which should probably clip in somewhere tidy but doesn't, and it chafes on either the back wheel or the shock. A bodge job (extended the wiring slightly, use of insulation tape and cable ties) and it's good to go again. Really want to stage 3 it, but it's sort of £850 or something daft, so sod that for now.

Next job was to make a number plate for the hilariously rough KC100, instead of lashing out £15 (or whatever they are) on a proper one,   I bought a stick on type which I just put over the redundant plate from a long scrapped bike and cut it down a bit to suit. Looks shit but better than not having a plate at all, and it'll be a very long time before the little Kawasaki sees the road again.

Wheeled this bad boy out for a short spin, typical Honda you know it'll run but it doesn't always start first time and does need a bit of tuning. The engine (iirc) is a 6V C90 lump, but stand to be corrected.  Sort of fancy some mild green laning on it one day, but perhaps lack of a clutch will render it a bit shit for that sort of thing. Plus, it's not exactly a speed demon.

May be an image of motorcycle

23 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

Can't stand sitting about doing nothing, so fixed (again) the o/s/r indicator on the Scomadi. There's a stupidly long wire which should probably clip in somewhere tidy but doesn't, and it chafes on either the back wheel or the shock. A bodge job (extended the wiring slightly, use of insulation tape and cable ties) and it's good to go again. Really want to stage 3 it, but it's sort of £850 or something daft, so sod that for now.

Next job was to make a number plate for the hilariously rough KC100, instead of lashing out £15 (or whatever they are) on a proper one,   I bought a stick on type which I just put over the redundant plate from a long scrapped bike and cut it down a bit to suit. Looks shit but better than not having a plate at all, and it'll be a very long time before the little Kawasaki sees the road again.

Wheeled this bad boy out for a short spin, typical Honda you know it'll run but it doesn't always start first time and does need a bit of tuning. The engine (iirc) is a 6V C90 lump, but stand to be corrected.  Sort of fancy some mild green laning on it one day, but perhaps lack of a clutch will render it a bit shit for that sort of thing. Plus, it's not exactly a speed demon.

That’s lush and perfect for the lanes as no need for speed on them. Chuck a rack on it and travel the world at leisure.  Full front guard or lash up filter arrangement for slosh/ dust / deep water may not go amiss though prob get away with a holed coke bottle covering it up and the odd carb clean.  Top stuff. 

Lovely day today . Out with the missis for a spin on the KE and grom . Loads of green lanes and she’s so much more confident now than a few months ago . We swapped bikes for a while . The grom is so smooth and quiet . Easy to ride too .

But the Ke is quicker and obviously better off road . Can’t believe I’ve had that bike since I was 16 ! I’m 43 now . Cars , houses , wives have come and gone but the 175 remains . Tax and MOT exempt now too .

Then spent a few hours in the garage putting the other halves CT90 bottom end back together. Had her on gasket cleaning duty 😂

A5616B92-1856-4041-AC5C-815AC9E20F56.jpeg

E8A7238E-3F48-4D8F-A8C8-D37C4A42A6E5.jpeg

F5C4F19F-0167-4EE9-812B-57C36AB93EE8.jpeg

059A26E2-4A46-4B25-8889-017B5C4F5AAC.jpeg

On 13/08/2022 at 18:00, Cavcraft said:

I think what you have there is a 1963-66 C200 with a later 1982 onwards C90 engine fitted. The original engine would have been a pushrod engine with clutch and 4 speed gearbox. The silencer and heatshield are Dax CT70 cut and shut to fit looking at the downpipe. The back light assembly is also off a much later Honda.

Quite a survivor!

Getting itchy trigger finger again.
Would like something 125+ cc but light, something to do a bit of green laning on, but also able to go to work on (11 miles) now ad again.

Contemplating another Grom, and seen one in Queen Bee yellow but know in my heart that I'll end up  just locking it away like my last one and not using it for fear of theft or breaking it.

Ideally want something that I dont really give a shite about and looking at the Benelli (chinesium) TNT.

Thoughts?

9 minutes ago, UltraWomble said:

Getting itchy trigger finger again.
Would like something 125+ cc but light, something to do a bit of green laning on, but also able to go to work on (11 miles) now ad again.

Contemplating another Grom, and seen one in Queen Bee yellow but know in my heart that I'll end up  just locking it away like my last one and not using it for fear of theft or breaking it.

Ideally want something that I dont really give a shite about and looking at the Benelli (chinesium) TNT.

Thoughts?

The misnomered Lexmoto adrenaline? With bumpy rubber fitted to it.  Cheap as chips for bits, me and dead horse were thinking about a couple of these for light greenlaning with no guilt...

1 hour ago, Iamgroot said:

Anybody got real world experience of an xjr1300?

Nice smooth bikes with plenty of poke, heavier than a sports 600 but not bad in reality, all day comfort, decent brakes, great at 7/10ths, not so much after that, if you want a grunty retro there's a lot to like about them, see also GSX1400 and bandit 1250

39 minutes ago, Jazoli said:

Nice smooth bikes with plenty of poke, heavier than a sports 600 but not bad in reality, all day comfort, decent brakes, great at 7/10ths, not so much after that, if you want a grunty retro there's a lot to like about them, see also GSX1400 and bandit 1250

Thanks very much, Oh dear, that sounds perfect...

3 hours ago, Jazoli said:

I'd have a ZRX1200 all day long..  😍

On 8/12/2022 at 12:08 PM, Jazoli said:

This happened yesterday

20220811_102124.thumb.jpg.629da51ab08e7a1517c9ff6d40e8e4aa.jpg

Sold to WBAB (superbike factory) 

Nothing in the garage to ride apart from my daughters purple scooter now. 

Replaced the Z900 with this last week

file.php?id=45914

Did a 300 mile trip on it today and its alright, I'm going to buy a newer model so I'll probably be selling it soon, cheap!

3 hours ago, Jazoli said:

Replaced the Z900 with this last week

file.php?id=45914

Did a 300 mile trip on it today and its alright, I'm going to buy a newer model so I'll probably be selling it soon, cheap!

Quite tempted by one of these for my weekly motorway slog, but I’m guessing I’d only see 45mpg or so. Go on though, how cheap is cheap?