The Bikeshite Thread

warren t claim

9 minutes ago, UltraWomble said:

4 years to go and Im buying either a Bonnie or Scrambler Trumpet.

I proper luv my 1050 Tiger, my first triple and first trumpet.  3 months and 2000 miles in, I'm out on it more than any other bike I've had in the past 10 years.  Got a few sharp intakes of breath from other bikers about my back tyre... it shows I've been enjoying myself!

20221002_141759.thumb.jpg.952a32bd7fd0a04915374083c44231de.jpg20221002_133245.thumb.jpg.91d93e913f913bc9f7e3080bbaf2135e.jpg

1 minute ago, Barry Cade said:

Got a few sharp intakes of breath from other bikers about my back tyre... it shows I've been enjoying myself!

I thought for a minute then you were dark siding 😅

4 years till I cash my pension pot in then Ive budgeted about £7K for a bike or two.

Loved my old 250ec. Strong old motors in them and really liked its more trail bike handling as apposed to the ktms. Strange really as I know like the ktm handling guess I’ve just rode them more and got used to it. Had my ev from new. Two years before I removed the park plug and three before it got a top end. Always been religious on air filter and carb clean if drowned or any sign of shite the engine side of carb. Sold the 02 (that I. Bought new) and an 08 as basket cases for a grand a few years back. Never bought a new machine before or since.

After God knows how long, the SS50 engine is out... 

ss50engout.thumb.jpg.ced3f22e33bbd356b6f53a04f097b6f2.jpg

ss50oldeng.thumb.jpg.ca725f787e27c2e4c628326d49fda8b0.jpg

...and the new Chinese unit...

ss50enggoingin.thumb.jpg.bf759dd69ebd73b7789fbc2cf808953a.jpg

...is partially fitted...

The old one was bodged by the previous owner, only discovered when a garage went to look at it for me. Put a recon C70 top end on, but it just made the bottom knock, so at some point it's going away for a rebuild to an expert. If the Chinese one works ok (it can't possibly be as slow as the original 4 speed Honda) then it can stay in for quite a while tbh. It's a manual, can't recall how many cogs, but probably 4.

A week off (ends today, sadly) and promised myself I'd set about as many of the bikes as possible.

MBX50:  Fixed (new carb, new insulator ) and broken (handlebar assembly for the master cylinder)

TS185ER: Fixed (new battery, new indicators).

BSA A28 (B28? can't remember): Trial fit* a hopeless replacement 'power' unit. *Balance loosely on frame

asbsab50ba.thumb.jpg.5cca9216048e9840447067d74509f3b4.jpg

asbasab50b.thumb.jpg.41e80695f62ddcee43323c8ffeb3c965.jpg

The bike (or remains of such) will probably never officially see the road again, so just something to get it going along however slowly will do for now. This little unit probably won't even pull it at all, but we'll see. Other considerations are a diesel Lister engine or something, just for the LOLZ.

Chinese 125 at a garage, should be back tomorrow.

Lambretta: Turns out the garage (now no longer trading) seems to have lost the new carb I bought and replaced it with a shit copy. The new exhaust (Clubman, iirc) has made a noticeable difference in power over the old expansion pipe, but I need to get another Scootopia carb then have it jetted.

Not really touched any of the others, though took one of the Yamaha FS1 mopeds out for a very enjoyable run out (about 15-18 miles) and the 883 had a blast round for a bit which blew away the cobwebs.

ss50engin.jpg

On 10/23/2022 at 6:41 PM, Cavcraft said:

Trial fit* a hopeless replacement 'power' unit. *Balance loosely on frame

The bike (or remains of such) will probably never officially see the road again, so just something to get it going along however slowly will do for now. This little unit probably won't even pull it at all, but we'll see. Other considerations are a diesel Lister engine or something, just for the LOLZ.

There's a ZX9R engine sitting in my garage if you have the balls/appropriate mental issues

1 minute ago, Fabergé Greggs said:

Motorcyclists: how important is it to you that your jacket and trousers zip together? 

I have an old Alpinestars V1 jacket and I’m pondering getting some trousers that attach. Did they change zips much through the years? 

Doesn't bother me as long as my builders bikestand isn't poking out, I don't even have the same brands of tops and bottoms

7 minutes ago, Fabergé Greggs said:

Motorcyclists: how important is it to you that your jacket and trousers zip together? 

I have an old Alpinestars V1 jacket and I’m pondering getting some trousers that attach. Did they change zips much through the years? 

When I have bought gear aslong as its the same brand the zip was normally the same. But failing that I paid £40 for mine to have new zips.

8 minutes ago, Fabergé Greggs said:

I guess it depends on what type of bike you have? I have just got the triumph sprint and it's more leaning forward than I'm used to so I'm glad my stuff zips together as I don't like a draught on my back. If you have a more upright bike then it doesn't matter so much?

• 3 weeks later...

These are giving me the glad eye

photo-493-4457.jpg

£5,499 (for the 200) on the road. Yeah, it's a lot of money for a glorified 'ped, but they look bloody amazing.  Maybe one day I'll have a chat and see if they'll take the Scomadi as part-ex on one.

12 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

photo-493-4457.jpg

£5,499 (for the 200) on the road. Yeah, it's a lot of money for a glorified 'ped, but they look bloody amazing.  Maybe one day I'll have a chat and see if they'll take the Scomadi as part-ex on one.

Wow, Is it Lego? (That also means I agree, it looks cool)

What even is it?

12 hours ago, Cavcraft said:

photo-493-4457.jpg

That is too sexy.

I have to agree with @Dave_Q my money would be going on an original or a 172 runner. There is a super cool street magic on Facebook at the moment with a 172 engine fitted. Looks awesome though. Big Vyrus vibes.

Another qual* bit of engineering has entered the fold today. It doesn't start, but it did once for a second or two after getting it home. Too cold/CBA getting the carb off today, suspect it's probably stale or shit fuel.

assupershitebike.thumb.jpg.420c5b4df6393d6786f0b54eaaab7991.jpg 

1 hour ago, Cavcraft said:

Another qual* bit of engineering has entered the fold today. It doesn't start, but it did once for a second or two after getting it home. Too cold/CBA getting the carb off today, suspect it's probably stale or shit fuel.

assupershitebike.thumb.jpg.420c5b4df6393d6786f0b54eaaab7991.jpg 

What is it apart being small and full of shite fuel? 

10 minutes ago, Snake Charmer said:

What is it apart being small and full of shite fuel? 

3 minutes ago, andyberg said:

It's got to be a quality Chinese take on that iconic* USA Harley style.

Correct. It's a Keeway Superlight, or something like that. Bit* of a misnomer really, given that it seems to weigh about 15 times what my 883 does.