The Bikeshite Thread

warren t claim

I've been razzing this up and down the road all day, I forgot how much I enjoy being on two wheels!

47654164952_788e25d3ec_k.jpgRJC_8829 by srblythe, on Flickr

32763900247_61cf55be67_k.jpgRJC_8834 by srblythe, on Flickr

47654161302_8da0226a50_k.jpgRJC_8846 by srblythe, on Flickr

40740917063_5dfcb4c107_k.jpgRJC_8832 by srblythe, on Flickr

40740917833_f4ecce91db_k.jpgRJC_8831 by srblythe, on Flickr

I think I'd like a 125 on the road but would prefer an old 2 stroke off road kinda thing or something basic like a KH125...

My day-to-day textile jacket is knackered [a richa textile], so i need a new one. Had a look in J&S last week, but didnt like what they had [+spendy].

Just been up to Motorcycle Megastore in Swindon and got an Oxford Oslo for £30. Also a set of Oxford trousers for £30 and some Alpinestars SMS-X boots for £40. Free bacon butty and tea too.

Happy with that.

I was there too at opening time and left after 5 minutes. It was like those black Friday sales you see in America. People shouting at each other, grabbing stuff out of each others hands, barging people out the way.

Some very good deals there but I think I'll just go back on another (non "deal") day and pay a little bit more...

where abouts are you?

Im in Caldicot, Monmouthshire.

Not had any experience of IXS, but I have had (and have) a few flip fronts.

Lazer- one of the first. Big as a house, noisy at over 20 mph, and poor build quality.

Schuberth C2 I hated- so uncomfortable after 20 minutes (something you can't test in the shop).

Schuberth C3. Nice and quiet, good flip mechanism, quality feel. Expensive. As are replacement visors.

Shoei Neotech. Again, nice and quiet. Good fit (although I have an Arai shaped head) and I've ridden for 15 hours without removing it. Vents ok, flows air through in the right places.

Caberg. Carbon thing, nice and light. Horrible fit and only wore it once. Gave it to my nephew, who loves it.

HJC Fits like an Arai, well made but lining isn't as good as top line helmets (but can get two for the price of a Schuberth.

MDS 200(I think). An AGV in essence, and my favourite. Slightly heavy but feels well made, good flip and internal sunvisor operation.

I had flip fronts as I had to ride for work, and hated taking the helmet off to have a drink, or a fag, or a Ginsters pasty, or when garages insisted helmet remover when fuelling.

Always a bit concerned on what would happen in a smash, but seeing as a lot of track instructors use them, then I trust their judgement.

Still have a couple of full face helmets, but only because they match my bikes paintscheme! I'm a tart.

Have a Givi flip now and love it, really comfy and not too noisy. Might buy another but fancy a change hence IXS, and the price obviously.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

Had a look at the IXS, felt flimsy with the front open and really not quality at all. Even at £90 it was a no from me.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

Had a look at the IXS, felt flimsy with the front open and really not quality at all. Even at £90 it was a no from me.

There are no IXS helmets on the SHARP website - I believe that they only test helmets submitted by the manufacturer/importer. Human nature suggests you would only submit one if you expect a good result....

fukin hondas

its only a twin should be easy to work on

no everythings in the way only wanna change plugs

fucks sake

sacked off and will be given to friendly gadge to sort after kent microcar

fucks sake

i love hondas but im looking at others

going for cake now

Bought some tank air scoops for the XT from ebay £80 ffs. Described as very good condition. They were all cracked and broken.

I had to buy the tank as well as the seller would not sell them separately. No problem I could sell the tank on,or so I thought. The tank is  bashed and the filler cap locked shut and no key.

So after a day with super glue,fiber glass, wob and paint got  the panels fitted. Is it just me that can turn a bargain buy into a money pit

Spent a few hours today reassembling my project C90. Hideous little contraption really, but its got character and I should make a few quid on it when I sell it on. Everything done now apart from the front end. I think I will take the whole front end off as one, refurb it all and then bolt it back on . It saves me from having to watch endless shite on TV, So I guess it must be good for the soul.

Had a bit of a temptation recently to get an old 1200 Bandit. Logic being it isn't a sports bike and I might be sensible on it. Reality is Im 60 this year, Too old to be risking more broken bones and cannot risk my licence, probably wouldn't be able to resist riding it on the back wheel everywhere,  so need to put all thoughts of bikes out of my head.

Its not much fun getting old and developing  a sense of responsibility.

2 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

Photographing this FS1E yesterday I noticed a scooter in the background and the more I look at it, think it looks great. Is it great?

It says Royal Alloy,where did it pop it from?

IMG_20190505_130048 broad.jpg

Paging Cavcraft.. he’s got one, or at least one of the very similar Scomadi ones 

On 5/6/2019 at 12:07 AM, Bradders59 said:

Spent a few hours today reassembling my project C90. Hideous little contraption really, but its got character and I should make a few quid on it when I sell it on. Everything done now apart from the front end. I think I will take the whole front end off as one, refurb it all and then bolt it back on . It saves me from having to watch endless shite on TV, So I guess it must be good for the soul.

Had a bit of a temptation recently to get an old 1200 Bandit. Logic being it isn't a sports bike and I might be sensible on it. Reality is Im 60 this year, Too old to be risking more broken bones and cannot risk my licence, probably wouldn't be able to resist riding it on the back wheel everywhere,  so need to put all thoughts of bikes out of my head.

Its not much fun getting old and developing  a sense of responsibility.

I was actually looking for a C90 recently but i had it mixed up with a Lambretta. 

I wanted to put a big engine in one. Its a habit. 

Talking of lids one of the best I had was a Caberg flip front - wrote it off in the spill that wrote off my arm. It didnt come apart 

Got a cheap shitty Chinese full face and a decent piss pot lid for the days when I fancy mashing my face into the blacktop.

28 minutes ago, UltraWomble said:

Talking of lids one of the best I had was a Caberg flip front - wrote it off in the spill that wrote off my arm. It didnt come apart

My last two helmts have been Caberg Trips - the current one's just about knackered... now that they're discontinued I'll have to try something else, unfortunately.