The Bikeshite Thread

warren t claim

Here it be!  They had 1 in stock so instant gratification achieved (it'll make the inevitable buyer's remorse hit that much sooner):

post-179-0-17880900-1553789741_thumb.jpg

post-179-0-16846400-1553789752_thumb.jpg

Had to pay retail but did at least get a 4 year warranty included.  The list price looks crazy but the PCP figures are much more palatable, and it will be my primary vehicle so easier to justify.  The offer for my VFR was laughable so I've kept it. 

I hope no one on the rest of this forum finds out you have a 1l turbo modern, they'll be along to tell you it's bound to catch fire!

It'll be great to hear how you get on with yours, you don't read any real negatives beyond the price really about them.

I have no need or money for anything new so hadn't really looked into pcp, but keep getting adverts from Honda for 'deals' dividing the deposit by the term and adding that to the monthly cost basically all their bikes came to the same. Surely noone is walking out with a cbr650 or a vfr if a blade is the same price minus the final payment which is really relevant to pcp.

Or is there still wiggle room in the prices? Ie will the dealer knock off a bit from the retail to drop the monthly payment down to get shot of stuff that isn't as desirable?

Always

Here it be! They had 1 in stock so instant gratification achieved (it'll make the inevitable buyer's remorse hit that much sooner):

attachicon.gif2019-03-28 13.59.14.jpg

attachicon.gif2019-03-28 14.01.13.jpg

Had to pay retail but did at least get a 4 year warranty included. The list price looks crazy but the PCP figures are much more palatable, and it will be my primary vehicle so easier to justify. The offer for my VFR was laughable so I've kept it.

Oooh-cha-fuckr!

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

And at the other end of the power/price spectrum I finally made a rational decision and purchased a new, new bike today, splashing out on a Royal Enfield Himalayan.

No instant gratification though, as I have got to wait until Monday for it to be delivered. Looking forward to using the arm ripping 24.5 bhp (8.5 less than my 125cc Mito), but will let me check out all the tracks that the Guzzi would struggle with.

Love an H2SX as it would make a great cross Europe "tourer". Look forward to reading about it.

And at the other end of the power/price spectrum I finally made a rational decision and purchased a new, new bike today, splashing out on a Royal Enfield Himalayan.

No instant gratification though, as I have got to wait until Monday for it to be delivered. Looking forward to using the arm ripping 24.5 bhp (8.5 less than my 125cc Mito), but will let me check out all the tracks that the Guzzi would struggle with.

Love an H2SX as it would make a great cross Europe "tourer". Look forward to reading about it.

Congratulations, they look like they could be a lot of fun, its not all about the power, although for me it corrupts!

Pick mine up sat AM.

Top work!  We're all doing our bit for the bike industry this week :)  I blame Jazoli.

Been out for a short spin on the H2 this evening - fuck me, the headlamp is bloody awful, I suspect it came out of a Xmas cracker.  It's on a par with the YBR125 I used to have.  The dealer said he'd ring me tomorrow ("to see if you're still alive"), I'm going to have a gripe about that.  

Top work! We're all doing our bit for the bike industry this week :) I blame Jazoli.

Been out for a short spin on the H2 this evening - fuck me, the headlamp is bloody awful, I suspect it came out of a Xmas cracker. It's on a par with the YBR125 I used to have. The dealer said he'd ring me tomorrow ("to see if you're still alive"), I'm going to have a gripe about that.

What’s this I hear about the supercharger vanes breaking the sound barrier?

Congratulations, they look like they could be a lot of fun, its not all about the power, although for me it corrupts!

Pick mine up sat AM.

I enjoyed the test ride which I wasn't sure I would. Well suited to a lot of the roads around here, but won't be good if I need to get anywhere fast - whereas the RC8 is shite on badly surfaced and unpaved roads.

Thinking that, despite everything that Enfield have done in engine and frame design with this model, it is still quintessentially, chod. 

Fat_Pirates H2 Diary: Got overtaken by a pale blue Kia Picanto.  It was powered by fairy dust, apparently.  Damn this 4000rpm limit.

What’s this I hear about the supercharger vanes breaking the sound barrier?

I've read that but I call bollocks; it does it when you close the throttle so I reckon it's just compressor stall.

After returning from Scandinavia last August the plucky little XR250 was parked up with a leaking head gasket, becoming difficult to start and using oil. Naturally the best thing to do was to leave it languishing until 5 weeks before the next trip before ripping it apart! Thankfully rings,gaskets & seals are all that's required other than lapping valves and cleaning everything. One cam cover bolt snapped flush so the head is coming with me to work tomorrow to make use of the pillar drill so I have half a chance of drilling down the center of the remains.

The fruits of today's labour........

post-5762-0-65134000-1554065538_thumb.jpg

Got it at last-it was a real "will they, won't they" affair getting it registered, but surpringly it got done today.

Off tomorrow to rack up the first 500kms so I can get the first service out of the way.

post-19526-0-16366200-1554224502_thumb.jpg

Almost an unintentional white room shot.

First run out on the rebuilt ZX9r. 100 miles or so with an MOT in the middle, which it passed. First time it's been on the road in 3 years. Bike was fine no issues, pulls like a ZX9 should and very happy with it.., I was really rusty- took it very canny and tried my best to avoid the hailstorms. Was really worried I'd get issues with the hand I buggered up a couple of years ago, as I've not been on a bike since. Hand was fine for strength with the clutch but fingers suffered badly from the cold- always had heated grips on my bikes, but seriously considering heated gloves- any recommendations?

post-62-0-89500700-1554233152_thumb.jpg

I've a pair of Gerbing heated gloves at home that I only used once. They are good - your hands never get hot, but they don't get cold either. Was never sure about their construction in an off either, as they are textile for the most part, and my usual glove is made of kangaroo leather.

The only reason I don't use them is that they are an appalling faff to get on. Once on you have to plug the lead into the glove. As this is waterproof it is a very tight fit, and takes some time one handed. If the leads were longer you could wear them like a six year old does with his mittens and the string running down each arm.

I must have had these in a drawer for about three winters, happy to flog them off cheap, but won't be back to the UK until mid June, when I beleive the North will be hitting 55F on a near daily basis.

XT600 ***************************************** SOLD ************************************, Surrey

needs a bit of work, previous owner had it running well but decided to remove carbs for a clean (I am told) so broke off all 4 exhaust studs and removed the starter.  Then decided to drill out broken studs whilst engine still in frame which didn't go as planned. Exhaust header has been "misplaced" but the original back box, starter etc are present.  Needs head off and proper drill to remove studs - a couple of local companies here do a real broken stud removal service. Located near Guildford in garage next to the XT600 I ride but garage is to be vacated. Buy it and go via Weston Beach race and the BOOM festival to my local bike fest.

post-7239-0-42559700-1554567085_thumb.jpg

post-7239-0-18134000-1554567258_thumb.jpg

post-7239-0-71953300-1554567353_thumb.jpg

post-7239-0-81465900-1554570551_thumb.jpg

post-7239-0-90726700-1554570641_thumb.jpg

post-7239-0-89895700-1554570864_thumb.jpg

post-7239-0-97991400-1554570977_thumb.jpg

DVLA says 650cc so I'm going with A10...

1024px-BSA_Golden_Flash_650ccm_1950.jpg

It's probably a GENUINE BARN FIND, which would explain the lack of MOT history - the ones it's had will all pre-date the computerised system, and it'll never have another one 'cos it's exempt. I'd be very surprised if it has been abandoned.

I used to ride my dad's 1959 Gold Flash, proper one like the photo in Beige.

The common ones were black. He sold it for £60. Mind you it's a while back.

Seen (and heard) at a show near me in Dolores, Spain.

post-19526-0-74242900-1554635788_thumb.jpg

Ossa 500 twin. Can't recall if they used the Suzuki GT500/T500 motor, or a derivative of it.

post-19526-0-12121400-1554635899_thumb.jpg

Well used and protected by numerous oil leaks. Sounded really sweet, with no rattles.

Little Lifan 4 stroke moped thing

post-19526-0-69833500-1554636059_thumb.jpg

With expansion chamber.post-19526-0-08396700-1554636125_thumb.jpg

Disappointed with the sound though. And it must brake well.

post-19526-0-90323700-1554636218_thumb.jpg

Finally a a Gilera and a Montessa, both ridden by what looked like 12 year olds.

post-19526-0-05870000-1554636325_thumb.jpg

post-19526-0-07184100-1554636394_thumb.jpg

There's another show 7 miles north of me that I'll be going to next week.

wanted to change bars on bike so started taking grips off

one off and got the bar weight out

throttle side and muthafuka put up a fight

tried to get it off the same way but no - went to take controls off to attack from the other side but theyve obv never been off and are stuck shut - dont wanna force them

%*&^(*$!!!!!

another job for bike shop as well as service and fork seals on friday then :(

grrrrrrrrr